Diablo® III

'Sprint' WTF is this crap

Seriously, does anyone actually run with this skill... 3 secs of fast movement. Whatever game devs thought up this skill for barb should be kicked in the face repeatedly..

Every time i look to change some skills for inferno i run across this skill and think, wtf is that even there for and what a waste of space that is...

Anyone ever try use it in a build?
Reply Quote
probably the same guy who thought that endgame barb = 1200 resist all, and full tank build because its so fun. Why couldn't we get the Wizzard dev?
Reply Quote
I'm thinking it'll be a popular PvP skill.
Reply Quote
I think Blizz want it to be sort of like Monk's Tempest Rush, which frankly I don't think any Monk use it either.

Although I'd like to justfiy wht it's so weak with a simple sentence:
"It's a rage spender, and they're all crap"
Reply Quote
If I could just hit f1-12 to set it to right click, just to reduce travel times, I would use it.
But, hey, six skills is plenty.

I'd love to see if someone could viably use it for something other than speedrunning dungeons, though.
Reply Quote
Although at least with tempest rush you can continue to use it i suppose... I do agree though its still a pretty useless skill for monks.
Reply Quote
It's really useful chasing down those fast mobs and kiting mobs. Unfortunate though that we had no room for any useful non mandatory abilities.
Reply Quote
I'm 58 barb and running currently in act3 hell
I use sprint 5sec50%speed runes with wrilwind to dodge attacks and move through monsters
I can't solo very well but I'm fine in team fight
I buff my vit and res
It turns out I'm still quite tanky
Don't know if I'll get crushed later on but currently its fine
Also I use revenge and warcry to regenerate hp
Edited by Alkaiser#3699 on 5/24/2012 6:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I think the best use for it is with rush because you increase your dodge chance by 12% and can basically keep it up at all times while fighting. However, I wouldn't recommend doing this in inferno, that's for certain.
Reply Quote
05/24/2012 06:07 PMPosted by Skimboader
I think the best use for it is with rush because you increase your dodge chance by 12% and can basically keep it up at all times while fighting. However, I wouldn't recommend doing this in inferno, that's for certain.

Why not in inferno? it is pretty much the only real spammable "defensive" fury spender, aside from knockback from seismic slam.
Reply Quote
i have a build that allows me to run through inferno/hell mode dungeons at ease. w/o sprint it wouldn't work. Its a nice and quick dungeon runner.
Reply Quote
The developer had a deadline and created the skill to fill a space. It took them ten years to release Diablo 3, but only took four years to make Diablo 2 from Diablo 1. Meanwhile, D2 was amazing when it came out, D3 appears to still be in a sort of testing and balancing phase. DH and Wizard beating the entire game in under a week due to exploits is not a well crafted product by Blizzard. I wish the original developer Blizzard North was still around.
Reply Quote
Kipparrian used sprint on his solo inferno diablo kill, just saying =/
Reply Quote
05/24/2012 06:17 PMPosted by Roofies
The developer had a deadline and created the skill to fill a space. It took them ten years to release Diablo 3, but only took four years to make Diablo 2 from Diablo 1. Meanwhile, D2 was amazing when it came out, D3 appears to still be in a sort of testing and balancing phase. DH and Wizard beating the entire game in under a week due to exploits is not a well crafted product by Blizzard. I wish the original developer Blizzard North was still around.

^^ yup
Reply Quote
05/24/2012 06:17 PMPosted by Roofies
D2 was hated on the forums because of how different it was to D1. Some people even called it an online game with a single player option. There are threads about it on the general forums. At least there were a week ago. A few people went and looked at player reviews at launch and they were bad. Obviously some liked it, but there will always be haters. End game testing here could have been much better tho.
Reply Quote
Used it for Farming Azmodan kills leveling 52-60.

Sprint w/ Marathon + Furious Charge w/ Merciless Assault = 3 min Farm runs (about 2.4M xp /hour)
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I beta tested the game for one month, it was insane how many times they mixed the skills around. It told me that they really didn't have a whole lot of confidence in the skills they had established and the fact that even after launch they are still flipping them around tells tales. The barb by far has the most useless skills of all the classes. For the type of class that it is, you'd think that it's design would have leaned more towards high damage mitigation and slow high powered attacks, like with 2Handers, not that frenzy crap you'd expect from a Monk.
Reply Quote
I always use Sprint/Rush
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]