Diablo® III

'Sprint' WTF is this crap

i use sprint w marathon...with unforgiving and all my fury generators...its awesome to farm with..
Reply Quote
05/24/2012 06:43 PMPosted by nicoacademia
i use sprint w marathon...with unforgiving and all my fury generators...its awesome to farm with..

Farm with in inferno or you talking normal/nightmare?
I understand some people saying "good for quick boss runs" but they obviously arent going in with the Neph buffs cause the best loot is mainly found off champ packs. And you arent doing champ packs in inferno with sprint on your skill-set.
Also i would assume that when you hit the bosses your changing sprint out (cause lets be real its a totally !@#$ skill) which would negate your neph buff anyway almost making the boss kill pointless...
Reply Quote
I love sprint/rush. It's so useful it's ridiculous.

I feel as if people just don't give it a chance.
Reply Quote
my monk is lv53 in Hell Act 2, and i use tempest rush.
it's a great skill to use when you want to get out of fire, with the rune that reduces 25% incoming dmg when running, +every spirit you spend on tempest rush heals you..

not sure about Sprint for Barb yet... my bard is still lv36 i have yet to try any interesting build
Reply Quote
@ the guy using them for azmo runs...

You are slow. I did them without sprint end to end 2 min 15s. Maybe i'll try it with sprint, might b able to shave off 15 seconds.
Edited by Drogo#1806 on 5/24/2012 9:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I've been messing around with some more of the barb mobility spells and I have to say that sprint is wicked awesome to be able to catch monsters like that pesky treasure goblin. Half the monsters in A3/A4 just run away the second you try to get close so you need something to close the gap like Sprint or Furious Charge. I use sprint for the 12% dodge. I wish however that it lasted longer or cost less fury. 10 fury for 3/5 seconds seems much more reasonable to me.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Sprint will be nice for pvp to stay on targets while your getting kited and slowed, plus try sprint+ww
Reply Quote
05/24/2012 05:47 PMPosted by Meatpuppet
I'm thinking it'll be a popular PvP skill.

I would think skills like charge and leap would be way more popular, as in a sense they achieve the same thing while generating (not consuming) fury. Sprint may last longer, but it has no other positives like the other 2 offer.
Reply Quote
its not a bad skill, as movement speed for warriors is a common trope in games, just the numbers are terrible

20 fury for 3 seconds of 40%, either the fury cost should be reduced like 10 or so for active speed control, or duration should be longer maybe 6 seconds
Reply Quote
its not a bad skill, as movement speed for warriors is a common trope in games, just the numbers are terrible

20 fury for 3 seconds of 40%, either the fury cost should be reduced like 10 or so for active speed control, or duration should be longer maybe 6 seconds

Yea, I agree that it definitely needs a buff.
Reply Quote
I've actually had quite a bit of success in inferno with a build that utilizes sprint and the run like the wind rune. The build looks like this, using a high dps two hander (axe/mace):

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#aQUSXi!aZY!ZZZcab

Sometimes I swap swords to ploughshares for into the fray.

Essentially, I leap in, pop overpower, generate some fury with melee, then charge out. Once I have fury, I can kite mobs around, doing my best molten elite impersonation. If you charge or leap during sprint, you still leave tornadoes in your wake, so I'll frequently pop sprint and leap or charge back through the pack, and reactivate overpower. The health orbs generated by battle fury almost heal me for my full ~40k hp, and provide me with more reliable and safer healing than revenge. Use leap like a momentary damage shield, you take very little damage with it up, allowing you to stand toe to toe with mobs for a few seconds before having to kite again.

Currently in a2 inferno and going strong.
Edited by Xfer#1259 on 5/25/2012 1:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Barb Sprint...

Erry day I'm shuffl'in.

Thats what pops into my mind. Also: Charge works much better. Gains rage rather than spends it, either has 0 cd or heals you, ignores unit collision.
Reply Quote
It was useful for skipping monsters and a few bosses on Hell mode, about it.
Edited by Gil#1384 on 5/25/2012 12:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The skill has almost no useful combat runes I think that's the main problem with it. That and the fact that you only get 3-4 active skills to use total means you can't use skills that suck.
Reply Quote
I used it until hell, when I just needed more practical skills
Reply Quote
Sprint/Rush was amazing going for my speed run ach other then that there completly fail moves
Reply Quote
The sprint should be a part of frenzy, as well as frenzy should increase overall attack speed, not only frenzy speed. The thing I liked most about my D2 barb I could chase everything with the speed of light with 2 runed 2 handers. Movement here is so slow you'd think blizzard had their inspiration in some old geezer home...
Reply Quote
sprint is incredible versus the story bosses. especially diablo himself. if u can kite all his abilities ur practically invincible.

for 99% of the game its pretty poor tho.
Reply Quote
If I had one extra ability it'd be Threatening Shout. But if I had two...sprint would be a candidate. Movement speed is very useful when every single champion pack craps out an obstacle course every 5 seconds, and dodge is great too.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]