Diablo® III

Solo Farming Spec for Act 1 Inferno Elites

I had a lot of trouble with the elite packs until I came up with this spec.
(I had started with a good team build, and tweaked it along the way)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#bYXgiQ!ZeU!ZYcaZc

I stacked my resistance to 470-490

and I had craptastic stats like this

Strength 307
Dex 580
Int 247
Vit 574

Armor 4476 (Using the enchantress Armor buff and Attack speed Buff)
Damage 4272

But my damage reduction and resistance reduction was around 59-60%, so even though I have low hp (25k to 30k), even the elites did not hurt that much.

My enchantress had decent gear so her 2000 dps helped me avoid enrage timers, also
her 15% armor buff is a must have since I am stacking armor on my equipment and with
deadly reach - keen eye. I would have had higher armor value but I am currently training
my crafting skills and buying storage space.

Also I thought that a fast weapon mainhand and shiled offhand worked best for me.

I mostly tanked them in place moving for ground effects under me or my companion.

This setup does not need spirit regen . Since I am on a target most of the time and since I am tanking in place Sweeping Wind - Bladestorm worked well.

I equipped some old spirit regen weapons to top off my spirit pool before a tough group or a boss fight. I think it is important to start a hard fight with full spirit.

If I get into trouble with a big pack I have the self heal-aoe fear, the aoe blind
and a CC break with serenity. If I get feared or stunlocked Pacifism helps a lot.

I used this spec for the Butcher as well. I changed the Breath of Heaven rune to blazing wrath and I used Mantra of Conviction - Overawe. I also swapped in some higher dps gear
and a second one hander to meet the dps requirement.

I just started Act 2 and I noticed I will need better damage reduction to continue there. :)

So off to farm again, I hope this will help some of my solo monk brothers out there.
Reply Quote
I have double your dex and vit i smell a massive troll!
Reply Quote
You have double the dex and vit and still have all the dmg reduction too? I must have really bad gear. You can say "troll" but I am farming Act 1 inferno with those stats. Believe what you want. You don't need to buy super expensive gear to farm.
Reply Quote
05/24/2012 08:29 PMPosted by pizzathief
You have double the dex and vit and still have all the dmg reduction too? I must have really bad gear. You can say "troll" but I am farming Act 1 inferno with those stats. Believe what you want. You don't need to buy super expensive gear to farm.

Agreed. I only have 20k health, even though I'm trying to bring it back up, and I'm doing just find in Inferno act 1. Act 2, from what I've read, is the reason I'm not even progressing maps until I feel I'm at the gear level to do so.
Reply Quote
I had 590 resistance with 1400 dex, and something around 18k hp/1100hp on hit
dps was 13.5k unbuffed.
used skills to increase damage, a combination of conviction + blind(with that 20% damage bonus rune) + breath of heaven with blazing wrath

Still died often, only because I didn't move at all...
Just stood there with crippling wave(with 10% damage bonus)
But noticed that with resistance above 400, it doesn't change that much.
So I switched to 470 resistance with 27k hp.
I could still sit in fire or plague and fight.
The shield elites are the problem though....
Edited by WhiteDesktop#1844 on 5/24/2012 9:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]