Diablo® III

Unsupported video cards

So, is the GMA X3100 Ever going to be accepted?? my windows computer just crapped out on me and this is all i got now. so am i just screwed?? please say no! i already bought game and have two higher lvl chars..
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
If you are experience issues with the game after the patch, please create a new thread for troubleshooting. This thread here is to have discussions about supported/unsupported cards. Issues relating to FPS issues after patching should have a new thread created, or posted in the FPS cycling thread if you have the FPS cycling after patching issue.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
06/10/2012 12:00 AMPosted by EauDeKush420
So, is the GMA X3100 Ever going to be accepted??

The X3100 is not supported, and there isn't any plans to support it due to the lacking of vertex shader 3.0 or greater features. There are some threads in the forums about workarounds for this, but this isn't supported for gameplay and may cause issue that we are unable to address.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
05/28/2012 11:48 PMPosted by SUMMERHAYS
Is the video card ATY, RadeonX1900 not supported? Because it's not on this list but the game still says it's not supported. Is ATY the same as ATI ?

Dear S4d1k,

I have the ATY, Radeonx1900, so far it works very well. My system is a Mac Pro3.1 2.8 GHz, 4 GB RAM.

Curious to an answer to the quote if the ATY is different from the ATI and is it supported and what details do you know regarding this card.

Thanks
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Dear S4d1k,

I have the ATY, Radeonx1900, so far it works very well. My system is a Mac Pro3.1 2.8 GHz, 4 GB RAM.

Curious to an answer to the quote if the ATY is different from the ATI and is it supported and what details do you know regarding this card.

Thanks

I'm not S4d1k, but I believe the card is not supported because it does not have vertex shader 3.0 or greater requirement enabled in OS X.
Reply Quote
This question may seem odd.. But I have recently acquired my first Mac. I am not familiar with an specs or anything like that. It is quite old. So, I purchased the disc to upgrade the OS from Leopard to Snow Leopard. This does allow me to run Diablo III installation. However, I am still unable to play. I saw (above) discussion about Video Cards. Mine is Radeon x1600Ati. Is it possible to upgrade the video card electronically (downloadable)? Please, I did purchase the game, and have been a fan of Diablo for years. I really want to get started! Help!!
Reply Quote
TL;DR - X1600 is no good for D3. Don't bother unless you are a sadomasichist.

@ Remy - at the beginning of this thread you will see that Blizz says that the X1600 is not supported. Im sorry to report that if your computer is an iMac or notebook (it may be that the only computer Apple used this card for was the 2006 MacBook pro), there is no way to upgrade that card.

That said, there is a workaround. This workaround is not blessed by Blizzard, but they do not prevent people using it to play the game. The frame rates can be pretty bad on unsupported cards, but you will have decide what you can tolerate. I am in the same boat as you until my new MacBook Pro arrives in a week or so. Using this workaround on my wifes MBP with the X1600, I can get D3 to launch and play, but I need to experiment with settings to see if I can get it to reasonable frame rates.

See this thread: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149539504

Edit: got D3 up and running on a 2006 MBP with the X1600. Frame rates are very bad even at 1024x640 and 800x600 with all minimum settings. It is playable (sort of) but any spell effects slow it to a crawl. Not a true D3 experience. It is clear why Blizz does not support this card. You'd be better off re-running D2!
Edited by mimefrog#1901 on 6/22/2012 6:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Ok, I have an Intel HD Graphics 3000 video card in my Macbook Pro, and I am running 10.7.4,
but my game is still crashing. It feels like the machine is heating up a little bit, then everything stops. I can still move the mouse, but it stays frozen indefinitely.

Any help?
Reply Quote
Guys, I'm having a problem during the game... sometimes my MacBookPro just to work, sometimes the game crashes..

It might be an issue related with my graphic card, and I want to know if exist any patch to make it better.

My graphic card is an NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB and I have 8 Gb RAM.

Any body can help me?
Reply Quote
Radeon HD 4670????

It wasn't on the list. Id like to know if it will work. Thanks!
Edited by ThorsRus on 6/30/2012 12:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Radeon HD 4670????

It wasn't on the list. Id like to know if it will work. Thanks!

If it's not on the list of unsupported, it means it supported. This list was meant to have just a inclusive list of unsupported cards.
Reply Quote
As a player who logs in from work during lunch, I used to be able to by pass the unsupported GeForce 7300 LE video card block by changing settings from the D3Pref.txt

But since the patch of 1.0.3b, even if my D3Pref.txt is changed, I am unable to login.

Can you guys please roll back to the way it was?

I understand that you guys don't want to support these video cards. But I was perfectly fine with just using my work computer to check the Auction House.

The game may be too laggy itself for this company, but I was still able to play it.

Now I can't even get in.

Please consider some sort of contingency plan for this.
Reply Quote
I am buying a new MacBook Pro this weekend and would like to understand whether I can get the 13" with the Intel HD Graphics 4000, or if I need to get the more expensive 15" with the NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M. I see the system requirements for Diablo III are at least an NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT, but I also see the Intel HD Graphics 4000 graphics card as supported (although labeled "low performance"). I am not clear on what any of this mean, but I do have friends who play Diablo III on MacBook Pros without NVIDIA, and even one who plays on a MacBook Air (!). Why is NVIDIA called a "minimum" requirement, and what effect will it have if I go without it? Many thanks!
Reply Quote
so the GT 330M isn't supported anymore?

I get the error that its not supported.

_
Edit: Nvm, i dont get the error anymore. That was weird!
Edited by youss#2607 on 7/31/2012 2:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
07/30/2012 10:32 AMPosted by Gmanownzu
I am buying a new MacBook Pro this weekend and would like to understand whether I can get the 13" with the Intel HD Graphics 4000, or if I need to get the more expensive 15" with the NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M. I see the system requirements for Diablo III are at least an NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT, but I also see the Intel HD Graphics 4000 graphics card as supported (although labeled "low performance"). I am not clear on what any of this mean, but I do have friends who play Diablo III on MacBook Pros without NVIDIA, and even one who plays on a MacBook Air (!). Why is NVIDIA called a "minimum" requirement, and what effect will it have if I go without it? Many thanks!

You're looking at the PC video card page. Try this page: http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-video-card-support-mac
Reply Quote
so the GT 330M isn't supported anymore?

I get the error that its not supported.

_
Edit: Nvm, i dont get the error anymore. That was weird!

I got this message, too. I hit "ok" and it takes me to the battle.net home page, then the game closes in the background. I have to do this three or four times before the game starts. Gameplay is fine, so not sure what the deal is. This is the first time I've played since the last patch.
Reply Quote
Seriously, what's going on here with the GT 330M "not supported" message on launch? See screen shot below.

http://goo.gl/nK652
Reply Quote
I used to be able to get on now i cant i get past everthing then when my screen goes black to load if goes back to my compouter home screen with an error sign saying i need to update my driver but my v card isnt on the unsupported list it just happened like 4 days ago
Reply Quote
my video card is the nvidianforce PCI can anyone help me please
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]