Diablo® III

Freezing While Messing With Inventory

This has happened pretty much throughout the time I've been playing. I'll be in the inventory and left click on an item to drop it or move it around and the entire game will freeze, either forcing an end task or if I wait it out sometimes it will come back. Sometimes I'll be forced to restart my computer like what just happened 10 minutes ago. Right clicking to move equip an item or to move it to my stash does not seem to pose similar problems.

I'm running the game of an SSD and have a 2500k @ 4.5 GHz and 2 6970's all under water.

Any similar problems here or advice to fix this?
Reply Quote
Computer is constantly freezing, and I am forced to do a complete restart. Can't even ctrl alt delete. Just a black screen.

Also, the problem of freezing for 2-3 minutes after left clicking to move an inventory item still exists. Game freezes and I ctrl alt delete and see that Diablo 3 is not responding. Once it says running I go back and I'm disconnected from the server.

Extremely buggy game. Please help, Blizzard or anyone.
Reply Quote
I'm getting the same problem from time to time. It just happened to me now, and I lost a yellow amulet drop because of it. Why does it do this???
Reply Quote
Tech Support! Someone please help us as this happens to me too! When I left click item after opening d3 it freezes for a few minutes then comes back and works or makes me discconnect. Once in a while it freezes completely and i gotta alt ctrl del or restart. After the initial freezing its usually fine the rest of the game...until I got afk for a few hours and try to play again. Someone please help!
Reply Quote
Bump, I've been experiencing this since patching to 1.0.5
Reply Quote
It's 2014 now and it's still happening. I get it every time. Geforce GTX 285, Win 7 64-bit, Gigabyte mboard...
Reply Quote
This issue is still happening with patch 2.1.2.
Reply Quote
Having same issue (Patch 2.2.0 - Season 3)
But It goes away after a couple minutes. Still annoying.
Reply Quote
Having this issue too in patch 2.2.0. Never happened before. Just few days now. Why is nobody looking in tech support forums?
Reply Quote
I've been getting it a lot in the 2.2 patch - season 3. Just a simple move of an item can cause the screen to freeze for between 3 and 10 seconds. then it'll play as normal again until it randomly does it again when moving an item in inventory.

It only happens when moving random items in inv, too. never at any other time.
Reply Quote
05/24/2015 01:57 PMPosted by Beetlejuice
I've been getting it a lot in the 2.2 patch - season 3. Just a simple move of an item can cause the screen to freeze for between 3 and 10 seconds. then it'll play as normal again until it randomly does it again when moving an item in inventory.

It only happens when moving random items in inv, too. never at any other time.

Yeah same here pretty much and my computer isn't THAT old yet... although its getting up there in age LOL
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]