Diablo® III

Diff difficulties v follower Inventory/ Stash

For this post, NPC means follower. I find it very odd that I can transfer items through my stash from a nightmare difficulty character to a normal difficulty character, but a nightmare's NPC items will not transfer to a normal NPC's inventory.

For example, my level 30 normal mode NPC has items equipped. I logoff my high level character, then logon with a different let's say lvl 5 normal mode character. The lvl 30 items transfer to the lvl 5 NPC albeit unusable due to level restriction (yet visible to me). Great and this is fine; it just means I have to level up my character so my NPC can use his/her items.

BUT use the same example but with a lvl 30 nightmare character, logoff, log back on as a lvl 5 normal mode character and the nightmare NPC's inventory doesn't transfer to normal modes NPC inventory. The items are not visible as they were prior and instead the NPC comes equipped with stock items in normal mode.

IF I transfer those same items via the stash, they are then available to me across different difficulties so I then manually move them over to the NPC.

In my opinion the NPC inventory should act as an extension of the stash as it does when both characters are in the same and other times different difficulty modes. As far as I can tell, when the NPC "graduates" to a higher level mode, their inventories are not transferable thereafter.

I haven't tested this with hell or higher because I haven't gotten that far yet :) I understand there is a wall between hardcore and normal characters stash but I don't think it should restrict NPC inventory based on difficulty level and on the same account.
Edited by SilentStrike#1834 on 5/26/2012 3:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I think by 'NPC' you mean followers? I really don't understand what you're trying to say and I read your post twice.
Reply Quote
Are you saying your followers are loosing there equipped items when you switch difficulty modes?
Edited by Rabb#1103 on 5/26/2012 3:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Diff characters' followers will have different items, unless before you log off you put them in the stash
Reply Quote
To sum it up, I have two different characters who share a follower, who has inventory items (i.e. Templar) when on the same difficulty mode.

BUT if one of my characters happens to be a higher difficulty mode, the followers inventory items do NOT transfer the follower in the lower difficulty mode.

However, the stash box transfers all items between difficulty modes just fine. When I logon to a lower level character in a different game mode, I "lose" my NPCs items because they are locked in a higher level mode. I then have to logon as my high level character, unequip my NPC items, stash them, then logon as lower level character and equip them again. Does that make sense?

I'm talking about stash vs. npc follower inventories based on difficulty level. Are there more questions? Hopefully I can give you more info.
Reply Quote
Each individual character you have has different follower inventories.

Example: Monk level 30 named Aang has Scoundrel with 75 dps crossbow
Wizard level 30 named Azula has Scoundrel with 68 dps crossbow

If I put a new crossbow on Aang's follower, Azula's follower will NOT have it.

Unless you're saying your followers are actually transferring their items between characters?
Reply Quote
Follower inventories are unique per character & follower, but the stash and artisans are shared.
Reply Quote
05/26/2012 04:02 PMPosted by Giraffasaur
Unless you're saying your followers are actually transferring their items between characters?

YES! This is what I am saying. I was unaware you were not experiencing this. Thank you. I would take a screenshot but I'm away from my gaming PC at the moment.

I CAN transfer follower inventories from my level 35 DH to my lvl 5 wizard. However, the items that do transfer to my lvl 5 follower are "grayed out" and are not usable until that particular follower reaches lvl 35.

Now when my demon hunter crosses over into nightmare mode, the nightmare follower's items will not cross over to my normal mode follower items but the stash box items do crossover. Instead the normal mode follower will have stock items equipped.
Reply Quote
05/26/2012 04:10 PMPosted by SilentStrike

YES! This is what I am saying. I was unaware you were not experiencing this. Thank you. I would take a screenshot but I'm away from my gaming PC at the moment.

I CAN transfer follower inventories from my level 35 DH to my lvl 5 wizard. However, the items that do transfer to my lvl 5 follower are "grayed out" and are not usable until that particular follower reaches lvl 35.

Now when my demon hunter crosses over into nightmare mode, the nightmare follower's items will not cross over to my normal mode follower items but the stash box items do crossover. Instead the normal mode follower will have stock items equipped.

You are bugged.

But it is that you experienced that at all, followers are not supposed to share their gear among different "versions" of themselves. If you are having that happen, it is a bug and you should report it.
Reply Quote
You can close this thread. I'm unable to duplicate it.

Thanks!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]