Diablo® III

Vitality even worth having for inferno?

I have only cleared act 1 and half of act 2, but I am wondering if it is even worth using the vitality stat? I have just over 40k hp and about 150 all resists and am getting one shot by all champion packs. Should I just look for the higher dex/crit items instead?
Reply Quote
You can............ I'd rather be able to take hits personally, but its much more expensive.
Reply Quote
I had 45k hp, 3k armor and about 50k dmg with Sharpshooter.
I paid 1.2m~ for new equip. Now it's 15k hp, 2.6k armor and 90k dmg with Sharpshooter.
No difference for me, still hard. I'm just running around with passives for speed and trying not to dead till my mission is not completed.
And now, I'm just not sure, if I did good or not. It's harder to play for me, but everyone saying, It should working.
Edited by Pisay#2549 on 5/27/2012 1:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm in act 3 and at this point it seems you would need 60k+ to survive some hits, so dropping vitality looks pretty viable.

However, having 41k for act 2 made the difference for me constantly getting one shot by stupid little critters that I rarely noticed(snakes/leapers/cloaked snake guys). I'd say if your damage is up to snuff keep the vitality for now and start looking for other gear when act 3 looks like its on the horizon.

The fairly large hp pool also helped for not getting one shot during phase 1 and 2 during the Belial fight. Either way, both approaches are viable.
Reply Quote
You have to get upwards of +500 resists (+800 ideally) and +30k health before it becomes practical, and even then you're only talking about taking an extra hit. It's really not worth the loss in damage, not to mention the massive gold cost of buying that gear.
Edited by Zurrain#1503 on 5/27/2012 1:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/27/2012 01:07 AMPosted by Bandel
I have only cleared act 1 and half of act 2, but I am wondering if it is even worth using the vitality stat? I have just over 40k hp and about 150 all resists and am getting one shot by all champion packs. Should I just look for the higher dex/crit items instead?

Try more them 150 all resistance. It is a complex relationship, but get a combination of armour/resistance/vitality. Armour and all resistance reduce ALL damage types.

I see everyone complaining about vitality being useless... and they have 100 all resistance and 2000 armour. Realistically its probably possible to get 3500 armour and 600 resist all without spending millions. With that kind of defence you will be able to take a couple of hits at least giving you time to reposition and/or kill the monster.
Reply Quote
i have average of 400 all resistance with 31k hp 2800 armor i can tank elites or champions make sure u have this set up: sentry> guardian turret , marks of death> death toll, companion>bat and element arrow > nether tentacles
for normal attack i do use hungering arrow>spray of teeth cuz i also like to distance but
i prefer for u to use grenades>gas grenades with passive skill of grenadier, sharpshooter and archery

the trick is stay inside the turret mark your target and spam tentacles until u run out of hatred then spam grenades this will get ur hatred back to full in 3 second then spam tentacles again
use smoke screen to run away if your in trouble hope this will help
Edited by Jayvz#1410 on 5/27/2012 1:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I don't wan't to step on anyone's toes but if you need to stack vitality and resistance just to survive a few more hits you're not playing the class right.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
05/27/2012 01:14 AMPosted by Thallo2222
I did inferno Belial last night with a DH that had 11k hp

I had 7k
Reply Quote
I did inferno with 13k.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
If you want to rely on gloom vitality is needed other than that glass cannon go go :-P
Reply Quote
Why not have vitality? its not like you're losing stats by having it on your gear.
Reply Quote
How are you guys surviving Inferno with less HP? I got thru act 1 OK (needed help with Butcher), but Act 2 is steamrolling me. Keep getting 1-shotted by things I don't see, seems to be monsters hiding everywhere in Act 2.

Need some help here:

8k HP
With SS I have ~50k DPS (21k without)
2616 Armor (46.5% dmg reduction)
1200 Dex (dodge 32%)
16.5 Crit Chance
221% Crit Dmg
~100 res all
98 MF (without Neph buff/merc contribution)

Im thinking of gearing more towards Vit/Res and less towards IAS/Crit dmg/Crit chance/MF like I have in the oast......is my Dex too high/low?

Thanks for the advice!
Reply Quote
Ofc it's good to have, but it's never worth giving up dps stats for, since unless you build for it (lots of vit and resists at the cost of dps) your still dying in one shot. But you can ofc have both vit, dex, crit, and all resist on an item, but its going to cost you !@#$loads of gold! But it is the ideal for sure.
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
8k HP
With SS I have ~50k DPS (21k without)
2616 Armor (46.5% dmg reduction)
1200 Dex (dodge 32%)
16.5 Crit Chance
221% Crit Dmg
~100 res all
98 MF (without Neph buff/merc contribution)

Im thinking of gearing more towards Vit/Res and less towards IAS/Crit dmg/Crit chance/MF like I have in the oast......is my Dex too high/low?

Thanks for the advice!

98 MF for progression is too high.
Reply Quote
Guess I'm use to seeing people saying they have 200 MF like its nothing....I thought my MF was too low and thats why I wasn't finding good gear. I assume its useless to try to increase survivability (if I reduce MF) and should get even more damage instead in order to beat Act 2?
Reply Quote
lol the MF gear I keep in my inventory is higher (although they have no other stat other than +MF).

The gear I have most of the pieces have a little +MF to them...I guess I shouldnt have sacrificed either IAS/Dex/Crit for each piece of equipement in order to have a little bit of MF. At least I got a lot of Act 1 Rares...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]