Diablo® III

How to get Chilltara easier:: Maybe

90 Draenei Paladin
Ok, did about 40 runs last night with for chiltara to try and get gibbering gemstone to for secret level quest. Didn't find Chiltara at all. This morning, I wake up and realize, all the previous items I got(mushroom, shinbone, bell, and rainbow) were in my stockbox and not my inventory. So after placing all of them in my inventory, 1st run out, found frost caverns right away and chiltara on second level, and gave up the gemstone right away.

So perhaps any items you have need to be in inventory to up chances for Chiltara showing up (going to see if same thing happens for Izual dropping the plans for Staff of Herding)
Reply Quote
maybe.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
I think it is just RNG took me about 3 hours of runs to find chiltara last night and i was keeping all my stuff in my stash. But in the process of doing that i made enough money from clearing everything to get the bell so i called it a win / win.
Reply Quote
Just saying i had about 25 runs through CoF looking for chiltara... did this and there she was
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Took me 4 runs at Izual to get the plans. So maybe hit and miss still but ups the chances a little bit.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
fail. Moved up from normal to nightmare and went into caverns of frost 15 times already. Chiltara has not shown up once, and I have everything but gibbering gemstone and plans (fought Izual 5 times). goin to bed.
Reply Quote
Furzball, RNG might be RNG, but I might kiss you. I've done, no joke, probably about 100-150 runs. Again, not an exaggeration. Put the stuff in my backpack. BAM, first run. Probably nothing, but here's to you anyway.
Reply Quote
i've had all the items with me the whole time, but i still did about 40 runs
Reply Quote
After reading Garroch's response I put the items in my bag and found it literally the game after.. Luck maybe...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Did you know the word "coincidence" is only in every fifth dictionary?
Reply Quote
first things first....Aeyr wtf does that have to do with anything? second i rly do think it works, i spent around 5 hours till i read this thread tried it got it in my second run and i had all the items other then the one you gotta buy.....so thx <3
Reply Quote
Still not definitive proof, but I had been trying for an hour or so, put the items in my bag... Next run, there she was!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
first things first....Aeyr wtf does that have to do with anything? second i rly do think it works, i spent around 5 hours till i read this thread tried it got it in my second run and i had all the items other then the one you gotta buy.....so thx <3

Ever heard the saying "gullible isn't in the dictionary"? It is a play on that phrase. In this case, the point is that you can check all the dictionaries you want and will find the word coincidence in every single one. This makes it seem like that is the way things are and there are no dictionaries missing the word.

I recommend reading some Hume too, kinda helps put the idea of necessary connection into perspective.

However this relates in the sense that correlation =/= causation. Several people claiming to find the boss up after bringing the items with them could easily simply be a coincidence. (I actually had the items in my inventory and it took me 3 hours to find him). There is no verifiable connection between those two events. There might be! However the only one who could confirm that is a moderator.

The key principle is that random is random. Don't let your intuition for finding patterns mislead you! :P
Reply Quote
found it on my first run...and for the record, i dint have any of the other quest items on me....then again it could be just luck.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Well somebeech.. I put the Shroom, Shinbone, Rainbow in my inventory, walked into Level 2, bamf, there she/he/it was.. hah! Now, I only need 10k more to get the bell.

(Edit, forgot to mention I did nearly 40 runs before this, either luck, or it DOES work, dunno.. worth a shot folks)
Edited by olandarinse#1426 on 6/2/2012 2:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
When looking for Black Mushrooms I did one run on Nightmare with no other special items in my inv, second try had the shinbone and found it.
Reply Quote
So after placing all of them in my inventory, 1st run out, found frost caverns right away and chiltara on second level, and gave up the gemstone right away.

So perhaps any items you have need to be in inventory to up chances for Chiltara showing up (going to see if same thing happens for Izual dropping the plans for Staff of Herding)

Thanks dude!! I did nearly 50 runs before with no succes. Put all the items in my backpack and I found the damn Chiltara on the first run. Thanks again.
Reply Quote
Well after doing 60-70 runs yesterday with no luck, I read this post today and wouldn't you look after 3 runs I had the gem. Thanks man I was loosing hope I will ever get it.
Reply Quote
Same here, after putting it in my inventory I got it first try. As stated above there is no way to prove that this actually causes her to spawn, however it certainly doesn't seem to hurt. I'd say just leave it in your inventory, just in case.
Reply Quote
86 Worgen Druid
i have been searching for the gem for 2 days now and no such chiltara yet. very discouaging. ugh blizzard
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]