Diablo® III

Video Card Unsupported - Can't Play Diablo 3

Hello everyone. Two days ago, my brother and I pre-purchased Diablo 3. The game has run fine on his Mac but I still can't get the game to launch on my computer. The specs on my computer are:

Windows Vista Home Basic 6.0
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T5270 @ 1.40 GHz
2038 MB RAM
Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family

Every time I try to open the game, I get the same "Unsupported Video Card" message. I have tried bypassing this by pressing ESC and changing the D3Prefs but I still get a gray screen and an error message. I understand that the video card on my computer does not meet the minimum requirements. If anyone has found a way to play the game with an unsupported video card, please tell me, regardless of how bad the gameplay quality or lag is. Please do not troll and tell me that my video card is unsupported, I understand that. I have already wasted hours and hours playing with it in addition to the $60 for the game. Thank you.
Reply Quote
I am having the same issue. I did mess with the Preferences and it let me play but it is extremely slow. at least I get to play but at a painfully slow speed. I tried updating my drivers and no luck.
Reply Quote
Do you have the same video card as me? A lot of people are having problems playing the game with it. What did you change in the preferences?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
In the same boat. Have the game completely downloaded but can't play it.
I had a video card in the closet that is supported but it doesn't fit into my motherboard and I'm tapped on funds so I won't be playing this for now..
It didn't occur to me that Blizzard would make a game that would require better video cards than what WoW required. I'll think twice before assuming that in the future.
I'd love to say something derogatory about Blizzard right now (out of frustration) but it's not their fault I'm broke with an old PC :-(
Edited by Jarlaxle#1870 on 5/15/2012 7:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
So what can we do? I guess we'll have to get a refund if we can't figure something out.
Reply Quote
I'm having the same problem. Not too happy that I just paid $67 for a game I can't play. If there's no way of playing the game short of buying a new video card which I completely don't have the money for then I have a very expensive coaster which upsets me greatly.
Reply Quote
I'd be very surprised if there isn't a way to play the game with an unsupported video card. Even if the game is laggy and the graphics have to be set to minimum, at least we can get something for our money. It's pretty ridiculous that Blizzard made a game that couldn't run on computers than can run WoW.
Reply Quote
I think it has to do with pixel shading. The crappy on-board video cards like those just aren't made to handle any sort of advanced graphics. Those specs are fantastic for diablo 2, but things have come a long way since then. Personally I don't even know how you can survive with only 2 gigs of ram :P If that's a laptop, pony up the cash and buy a half decent gaming rig - you'll appreciate it in the long run. If it's a desktop, there are plenty of bargain cards that can handle this just fine.
Reply Quote
It's a laptop, and I'm in high school, so it's not about ponying up. It's about not being capable. :(
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 07:11 PMPosted by Baelin
I'm having the same problem. Not too happy that I just paid $67 for a game I can't play. If there's no way of playing the game short of buying a new video card which I completely don't have the money for then I have a very expensive coaster which upsets me greatly.

This is why you check the system requirements before buying. You only have yourself to blame. And yes, the requirements have been posted for at least a month now, if not longer.
Reply Quote
That brings us nowhere closer to having a solution. There's no need to rub anything in anybody's face, we just want to play the game.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
05/15/2012 07:23 PMPosted by Leviathan
That brings us nowhere closer to having a solution. There's no need to rub anything in anybody's face, we just want to play the game.

qft
Reply Quote
BUMP
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 07:23 PMPosted by Leviathan

It doesn't bring you closer to a solution because there isn't one. I'm not rubbing it in your face, I'm telling you the truth you refuse to accept. Tons of people get on this forum with a sense of entitlement, that they deserve to be able to play this on their old computer, when that's simply not true.

A $400 PC from 4 years ago simply does not cut it. You get what you pay for, and now you're paying the price for getting a low end machine back then. It's unfortunate, but that's life.
Reply Quote
Adapter Type Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, Intel Corporation compatible

Adapter Description NVIDIA NVS 4200M

When I first installed the game, it seemed to work fine, graphics worked and I could see the intro and main intro screen. Then it went "black" and now I can only see my "mouse" on the screen. Is any body else having this problem?
Reply Quote
You know what Man... Cwe sittin on the bench, we don't really play. Has anybody coMe up with a solution for the graBphics card issues?
Edited by Leviathan#1885 on 5/15/2012 8:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You Might Could Might Be getting close
Reply Quote
My laptop meets system requirements, but the game says my Graphic card isn't "Up to Date". My graphic card isn't on the "Unsupported list". I've tried updating my drive but it still says I have problems. Is there a solution for this? Or is it my fault that I can't play this game?
Reply Quote
To those sitting there lecturing those of us who can't play. Bite me my comp is only 2 years old!!! No, I never thought I would need to check my freaking specs. I figured there would be no damn problem running the game. I have run new games on 6 year old comps in the past. Never had a problem. So forgive me for not thinking I would need to check the specs on a 2 year old comp for a new game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]