Diablo® III

Video Card Unsupported - Can't Play Diablo 3

40 Troll Druid
This is what makes me mad..... I waited forever and ever and now i cant even play a game i got a year subscription to WoW for.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
05/19/2012 06:55 AMPosted by Galadriël
Posted by ZimnyAre people really complaining they can't play a game because THEIR system is outdated and Blizzard should fix this? I'm kind of baffled by people these days..... I can only imagine them playing WoW with 12 fps and being okay with it.Yeah, what blows my mind is that they got the free game for purchasing the AP with WoW, and they are mad because their computer cannot run the game because it doesn't meet the minimum specs. Instead of understanding it they say that Blizzard promised them that they would be able to play Diablo 3 and it's Blizzard's fault that their computer is outdated at least for gaming purposes.And before I hear my computer can run WoW it should run D3. WoW came out in 04 and Blizz has done their best to make sure that the system requirements have not gone up much for WoW with expansions.

Don't be a tool. What we were promised was a copy of D# if we promised to stick with WoW & Blizzard for a year. This was done to keep income coming in, while alot of WoW customers were going elsewhere. They dangled this in front of WoW customers, without at first telling people what the hardware requirements would be (whether they knew at the time or not, they could have at least estimated). Most people ar mad, because they prebought or precomitted, and then were told they couldn't run it. It's not the running of the game itself, it's the WAY the whole launch of the game came about.

You have your copy though! It's up to you as a consumer to make sure you're able to play the game. Honestly I'm not trying to troll I really am baffled that people still actually play on computers that get 12fps in WoW and then think that it's okay. It would drive me nuts, and so I built myself a nice gaming rig where I can play games on high settings because I get the most enjoyment out of it that way. WoW has been out for almost 8 years if you can't play it without having to put the settings on low I have news for you time to upgrade your computer. It saddens me that people pretty much went out and bought a Xbox 360 game and then complained to Microsoft that their original Xbox doesn't play it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
05/19/2012 07:09 AMPosted by Sharniff
my pc was built after they started making the game. :'(

Wow...that sucks...that's all I can say...I assume it's "just" the graphics card error..

I still can't figure out why blizzard wouldn't include old driver support in the game, along with a choice of level of detail.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
05/19/2012 09:21 AMPosted by Zimny
You have your copy though! It's up to you as a consumer to make sure you're able to play the game. Honestly I'm not trying to troll I really am baffled that people still actually play on computers that get 12fps in WoW and then think that it's okay. It would drive me nuts, and so I built myself a nice gaming rig where I can play games on high settings because I get the most enjoyment out of it that way. WoW has been out for almost 8 years if you can't play it without having to put the settings on low I have news for you time to upgrade your computer. It saddens me that people pretty much went out and bought a Xbox 360 game and then complained to Microsoft that their original Xbox doesn't play it.

I didn't get a copy though, I just downloaded the installer from battlenet, and away it went (the install anyhow). I never noticed what my fps was in WoW to be honest. The graphics look fine to me, I'm happy with WoW as I play it. My problem is two fold, one I use a laptop (yeah a latop all you anti-laptop gamers) and I realize integrated graphic bite, but my main issue is being told to promise a year to WoW in exchange for D3, without being exposed to the requirements BEFORE committing....that's all..

BTW, I appologize for infering you were trolling...
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
05/19/2012 11:48 AMPosted by Galadriël

I didn't get a copy though, I just downloaded the installer from battlenet, and away it went (the install anyhow). I never noticed what my fps was in WoW to be honest. The graphics look fine to me, I'm happy with WoW as I play it. My problem is two fold, one I use a laptop (yeah a latop all you anti-laptop gamers) and I realize integrated graphic bite, but my main issue is being told to promise a year to WoW in exchange for D3, without being exposed to the requirements BEFORE committing....that's all..

BTW, I appologize for infering you were trolling...

Your copy is locked into your battle.net account you own Diablo 3 which is why you were able to download it. If you signed up for the annual pass you were given a free digital copy, you're just unable to play it is all. Upgrade your computer is all I can say, because Blizzard won't spend probably a couple hundred thousand dollars in order to make old technology compatible to their game. Personally I hate laptops just because it's a "here this is it" kind of deal. I have to pay a person in order to upgrade it along with the price of the parts. Compared to a desktop where I can go out buy a new part and pop it in all myself. You don't have to make a super hardcore gaming computer in order to play Diablo 3 or any other game. Just built it with "top end" parts that are 2-3 years old and you'll be able to play almost anything that comes out. It's the same concept with new gaming consoles the old hardware is just phased out overtime and you have to buy new.
Reply Quote
someone may have already said this, but i did this in order to get around it.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5141044104
Doesn mean the game is going to run amzing, but its better than not playing!
Hope this helps
Reply Quote
Well my collector's edition sits on my mantle since i got it 6 days ago, got it early as i ordered it online, i played 1 and 2 on my laptops and no issue. Now with the new D3 i'm screwed, i hate desktops. Oh well maybe i will use the disc as a Frisbee and play with the dog. But really i hate it that i can't play it, its killing me inside.

Signed

Tortured One
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
05/19/2012 12:04 PMPosted by Zimny
Your copy is locked into your battle.net account you own Diablo 3 which is why you were able to download it. If you signed up for the annual pass you were given a free digital copy, you're just unable to play it is all. Upgrade your computer is all I can say, because Blizzard won't spend probably a couple hundred thousand dollars in order to make old technology compatible to their game. Personally I hate laptops just because it's a "here this is it" kind of deal. I have to pay a person in order to upgrade it along with the price of the parts. Compared to a desktop where I can go out buy a new part and pop it in all myself. You don't have to make a super hardcore gaming computer in order to play Diablo 3 or any other game. Just built it with "top end" parts that are 2-3 years old and you'll be able to play almost anything that comes out. It's the same concept with new gaming consoles the old hardware is just phased out overtime and you have to buy new.

I understand what you are saying. 4 years ago I had a desktop then, - I had heart surgury. It was just easier to use a laptop (which I bought a new one at the time) and started to WoW. Being on a kidney transplant wait list, and generally not in outstanding health, my laptop allows me to access the net and play some games as entertainment. I don't object to having to upgrade, I just with I'd been told BEFORE committing to Blizz for a year. I'll probably stil be playing WoW, but that's not the point.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
DARN cheap laptops...posting when you don't want them to! hahahaa...sorry!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Well my collector's edition sits on my mantle since i got it 6 days ago, got it early as i ordered it online, i played 1 and 2 on my laptops and no issue. Now with the new D3 i'm screwed, i hate desktops. Oh well maybe i will use the disc as a Frisbee and play with the dog. But really i hate it that i can't play it, its killing me inside. SignedTortured One

We feel your pain! I remeber playing Diablo (original) seems like so long ago, I played it on a PC without windows! (Maybe my memory fails me) Ahhh..good old DOS days...anyone know whatever happened to Leisure Suit Larry?
Reply Quote
To answer your question about Leisure Suit Larry. Al Lowe and some company are doing a redux version of the first game with HD graphics.

I feel for you guys for not being able to play. Getting up set at someone who is telling you the truth that you have to upgrade your video card in order to play isnt the answer.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
To answer your question about Leisure Suit Larry. Al Lowe and some company are doing a redux version of the first game with HD graphics. I feel for you guys for not being able to play. Getting up set at someone who is telling you the truth that you have to upgrade your video card in order to play isnt the answer.

Hopefully they make Larry an MMO...lol..we aren't upset with people on here, we're on here (well me anyhow) to vent a little instead of kicking the neighborhood cat around..hahahhaa
Reply Quote
Stupid. I cannot play like everyone else here. Has anybody figured this out yet? Am I going to have to buy a new laptop just to play this game? Somebody please hook me up with some words of wisdom. If a new computer is necessary, would a desktop be better to invest in rather than a 2,000$ laptop?....
Reply Quote
This sucks I just bought the game today and have an Moblie Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family. For my video card and am unable to play it so it seems I've wasted my money since I'm unable to update my card to the ones needed to play.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
05/19/2012 08:13 PMPosted by GnarDaddy
Stupid. I cannot play like everyone else here. Has anybody figured this out yet? Am I going to have to buy a new laptop just to play this game? Somebody please hook me up with some words of wisdom. If a new computer is necessary, would a desktop be better to invest in rather than a 2,000$ laptop?....

I'd say yes...seems like blizzard is trying to stear people away from laptop playing...

05/19/2012 08:35 PMPosted by Danny
This sucks I just bought the game today and have an Moblie Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family. For my video card and am unable to play it so it seems I've wasted my money since I'm unable to update my card to the ones needed to play.

Mobile Intel here as well...looks like while every other programmer is trying to make applications run on smaller and smaller devices, Blizz is taking a step backward. Colecovision here we come!
Reply Quote
5 Undead Warrior
i have i 900 dollar pc from 3 years ago with a referbished hard drive and blizzard is telling me i can't play a game i paid for on a 900 dollar computer that isn't even out of date it is windows 7 so you can stop trolling now because we have enough greif as it is
Reply Quote
I have the same graphics card as you do, Danny, and using the workaround mentioned above:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5141044104

i've been able to play but its choppy as hell and is slow, but it's playable. and sometimes, depending on the background, it runs pretty decent! I can't for too long stretches tho, because the laginess slowly gets worse and worse.

I had a real hard time on the last boss of Act 1 because of the intense backgrounds (and now having a hard time on the last boss of Act 2, same reasons), but im having fun nonetheless. as this was my first diablo game, i was pretty satisfied even with the choppiness. it was only when i watched a youtube vid is when i realized what it was supposed to be like tho... I will probably get a new comp soon (i was planning to anyways) and play on hardcore and on, cuz that is impossible to do right now.

05/19/2012 08:35 PMPosted by Danny
Reply Quote
This is So stupid, I just got the game, my comp is 3 years old and im told that is outdated, To those of you who say its my fault because i did not see the system requirements I ask where was the sticker that says " Diablo 3 does not work on intell computers" because I would think that should have been on there '--
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]