Diablo® III

Video Card Unsupported - Can't Play Diablo 3

yeah Blizzard screwed us. but they still haven't said anything final about console version. read some were that head dev has not confirmed nor denied plans for it. And i don't want to hear no answers on this unless its actual facts from blizzards mouth. sick of rumor on something as sensitive a diablo 3. anyway i'm trying be patient because if it does come on console i'll haveto pay $0.00 to upgrade my 360. lol. If so i pray for a good deal for diablo 3 PC trade in towards console version.
Edited by Hartsfire#1337 on 5/16/2012 7:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/16/2012 05:58 PMPosted by VincentLaw
Also, I find it funny when people exaggerate "IT PLAYS STARCRAFT 2 FLAWLESSLY". You're lying to yourself. Go play a game of 4v4 and tell me it's flawless.

seriously man.. is diablo running good for you? do you meet requirements? then you have no reason to be here. Your up here bully people who are upset about this subject. you need to respect the thread. And respect these people. Stop trolling on these unfortunate souls and peddle you ware some place else before your reported.
Reply Quote
Not a lot of people give much thought to "discrete" graphics when buying a laptop. I bought an asus laptop on closeout 2.5 years ago - ATI 5870 mobile and it plays it max settings just fine.

I really feel bad for those who cant play. In the future, make sure you pay more attention to 3D capabilities, and you wont be caught off guard. I know, it does you no good now.

Personally, why cant blizz offer a low rez / effects setting? Something that will play on 5 year old hardware - I think many of us forget thats what made Diablo 2 so awesome.
Reply Quote
Are all you people new to gaming? I understand your frustrations, but you're aiming at the wrong people. Blizzard are not to blame, only you are.

Modern games require a modern graphics card. Do you see people buying Skyrim and Crysis 2 and saying "ZOMG why doesn't my $2 graphics card work?".

If you didn't know that your computer lacked the requirements then you need to stop being angry and do some research, we're not going to do all the work for you and spoon-feed you information.

Let me address some common issues.

Yeah but my integrated graphics...
Stop right there. Forget it. Integrated graphics is a complex way of saying "this machine cannot run games". If you have integrated graphics and are able to run Diablo III, grats, you're one of the few. Otherwise do not depend on integrated graphics.

But I run WoW fine!
World of Warcraft is about 8 years old and a calculator can run it. It's an extremely outdated and simple graphics engine that doesn't require much. Diablo III is brand new and will require some more power. Diablo III is not cutting edge technology, so you don't need a beast to run it, but you should get a dedicated graphics card and meet the minimum requirements.

It's Blizzard's fault for...
Stop right there. No. It isn't. You need to check your own specs to make sure you meet the requirements. Blizzard cannot support every god-awful card on the market or every card from the 1970s. It is your responsibility to make sure your machine can run the game.

Blizzard needs to look out for their customers!
Yes, and they are trying to accommodate everyone. But realise that you are not the centre of the universe. 99% of the Diablo 3 community is happily playing without issue. Blizzard have done quite a reasonable job to make a stable, smooth game. There will always be problems, but it's usually the result of a poor quality machine, incompatible software, or some other misunderstanding on the user's behalf. I'm not saying that Blizzard is flawless and I'm not fanboying them. But look at it both ways, it's not always the other guy's fault.

But my laptop runs other games!
That's great, but it can't run them all. That doesn't make it Blizzard's fault, your laptop is just at the limit of its abilities. Laptops are NOT very good at running games unless you buy a gaming laptop. To run Diablo III you'll probably want to spend $800 (minimum) or $1000+ and have a dedicated graphics card. If you didn't buy a 'gaming' laptop then don't expect it to run Diablo III well.

What graphics card should I get? I don't have much money.
You can spend under $100 if you have a desktop computer (PC). Do some research, help us help you. Come back and say "I think I should get this one because..." and give us your reasons to show us that you've done your homework, then we can help you. We won't do all the hard work.

But why won't they let me at least try with my card?
I'm not sure, but it's possible that your card is literally incapable of doing something important, and therefore the game can't even start. Either that or it's Blizzard's way of saying "This card really, really won't work; we promise".

I have never asked for likes, but if this helps you, feel free to do so. I will continue to answer questions if I'm able.

wow you just lied on behalf of blizzard. this is a consumer would. and in order to be successful you give the consumer what they want. thousand if not millions are online posting complaints all over the net. look it up. 99% diablo 3 community is happy playing their game? more like 99% is pissed off cause they can't log. Your downing people for being upset yet you never did the research yourself to notice that everyone here is only the smallest fraction of the ice berge. shame on you. You have no idea what your talking about. it sound to me like you just here to disagree and argue. I smell another troll.
Edited by Hartsfire#1337 on 5/16/2012 7:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Not a lot of people give much thought to "discrete" graphics when buying a laptop. I bought an asus laptop on closeout 2.5 years ago - ATI 5870 mobile and it plays it max settings just fine.

I really feel bad for those who cant play. In the future, make sure you pay more attention to 3D capabilities, and you wont be caught off guard. I know, it does you no good now.

Personally, why cant blizz offer a low rez / effects setting? Something that will play on 5 year old hardware - I think many of us forget thats what made Diablo 2 so awesome.

i agree. i mean have you seen the gameplay. they could have kept the old engine and it would have been explosive. just added a different story or what not. don't get me wrong the new battle scheme is very interesting but you know the saying if it ain't broken.
Reply Quote
I honestly don't know what my problem is. I have a decent computer and graphics cards. Here are my specs.

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.00 Ghz overclocked to 3.6 Ghz

8 gigs of DDR2 ram

and twin Geforce gtx 8800's running on sli.

I don't know what the problem is. I played Skyrim for PC on highest settings with longest render distance and the game ran smooth as glass, never a problem. I boot up Diablo 3 and I get such bad lag and artifacting all over the screen that it is just plain ridiculous. I tried updating my drivers but nothing has helped so far. I'm seriously stumped about what the problem is...
Reply Quote
Wow, I really hate Blizzard right now.
Reply Quote
http://youtu.be/NOnMPkUNhHI
Diablo 3 Unsupported Video Card Bypass Fix
Have Fun Playing Diablo 3 :)
Reply Quote
my intel (r) g41 express cant run diablo 3 too... 67 $ is expensive for nothing
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
so all i need to do is just get a simple upgrade on my windows 7 is all i need right plz reply i need to know so i dont go spending money where it dont need to be : )
Reply Quote
wat is the video card needed
Reply Quote
What video cards do i need to get this game working
Reply Quote
yeah, blizzard really screwed a lot of people. I'm sorry, I'm in medical school and have a !@#$ ton of student loans, so I can't really afford a new laptop, but oh wait, my laptop is only 2 %^-*ing years old, I kind of assumed it wouldn't be an issue. That being said, I've been waiting to play this game for 5 years, I studied my !@# off this semester and got a 4.0 and finally playing diablo was supposed to be my reward before summer semester starts up, but nooooo, thank you blizzard for $%^-ting all over my life right now lol
Reply Quote
btw, I thought in the beginning you said you were going to make the game accessible for many people? way to follow thru blizzard
Reply Quote
fuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccc**!**!**!**!kk,, raaggggrrahhjjkkjksdklkswnlnbeasflnf

ive been waiting for this game for years and years, ive payed 46 quid for a download, i endured 3 days of gagging to play this after and before work but ive had errors and errors. Now ive finally installed it bloody graphics card isnt supported. Something should have been mentioned!!!

Why cant we just run it on lower settings, without these stupid shaders or whatever it is that needs graphics.

GRrrrararrrrr guessing theres no refunds either
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
05/17/2012 01:11 PMPosted by ElCidEden
GRrrrararrrrr guessing theres no refunds either

I'd say, no...opened software is owned software...always been that way...

BTW, any one notice not ONE Blue has hopped on this thread?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
05/16/2012 06:51 PMPosted by Xodus

A "low rez" option would sure placate alot of CUSTOMERS.....PAYING customers that is...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Just tossing this out..how hard would it have been for Blizzard to incorporate older graphics drivers into the game? Perhaps, as someone suggested, with a lower resolution option for non-power gamers who just want to enjoy the storyline?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
the lady that sued mcdonalds won because she spilt HOT coffee on herself , did she not think it was hot...for real? point is shes a consumer got a 59cent cup of coffee and made millions......

Bet mcdonalds wished they had a TOS , hahah cause it seems to work for blizzard no matter what "wrong" they might do.

let me help you beta test your game blizz but when it comes out make it so i cant play /golf clap
Reply Quote
all of you with intel intergated grahic chips ITS TIME TO UPGRADE

here is a diablo 3 performance review

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/diablo-iii-performance-benchmark,3195.html
Edited by Jim#1594 on 5/17/2012 1:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]