Diablo® III

Video Card Unsupported - Can't Play Diablo 3

if you youtube unsupported graphics card diablo 3 bypass its possible to play but gameplay is a bit suckish
Reply Quote
The list of supported and unsupported cards has been known for months since the beta was released, and it wasn't hard to find. If you don't know about video card models and specs, then you really don't have a reason to complain about/to Blizzard.

If you choose to do your gaming on a PC, its your responsibility to know what you have and what your capabilities are. Don't expect your integrated card to run all games because it runs one game. This is part of PC gaming.

With that said, my card isn't even on the list as supported or unsupported, but because I know something about PCs and what the hardware capabilities are, I figured out how to get it working.

For those curious, I'm running the game OK on a Dell Precision M90 laptop with a Quadro 2500M vid card. I'm running modified drivers to let it run as a 7900GTXM. It runs pretty smooth on lowest settings with high quality textures (since the frame buffer is 512MB).

In the future, read up on exactly what hardware you have. Read reviews for said hardware and do a little digging. Most of the whiners in here would have been able to figure this out months ago. If you bought your year of WoW to get a free copy of D3, maybe you needed to find out if you could even RUN the game.

I've never once blamed a company if MY hardware was under spec.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
05/17/2012 01:54 PMPosted by jim
all of you with intel intergated grahic chips ITS TIME TO UPGRADE

Go away troll...

Back under the bridge with you!
Reply Quote
UPGRADE!!!!! DIABLO 3 WILL NOT WORK WITH INTEL INTERGATED GRAHICS THEY WILL NEVER FIX IT NEVER PATCH IT NOOB TIME TO UGPRADE

HERE IS A DIABLO 3 performance review
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/diablo-iii-performance-benchmark,3195-5.html

AM NOT A TROLL AM TELL YOU GUYS THE TRUTH!!
Edited by Jim#1594 on 5/17/2012 2:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
There are people that do read the spec like all other smart people on this form keep saying " It's your fault, or It's your responsibillity to know blah blah blah spec." I been looking at this little box here and there is no where it say anything about needing a new graphic card. The other thing is not everybody keep up with this form about the unsupported card list. So for the people who can't play the game because of the unsupported card, I'm sorry. I just hope Blizzard just realize they could have made the game to accept low settings to where your playing game with not so great graphic. Kind like minecraft......LOL If i could i would set my setting low just to see that.. LOL Anyway I'm sorry for those who can't.
Reply Quote
it does say the system req here it is

Windows® Vista/7 (latest service packs)

Intel® Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 5600+ 2.8 GHz

2 GB RAM

VIDEOCARD
NVIDIA® GeForce® 260 or ATI Radeon™ HD 4870 or better

look at the videocard it needs a more powerfull videocard not a intel intergated grahics you guys need to learn how to READ.
Reply Quote
05/17/2012 02:13 PMPosted by jim
UPGRADE!!!!! DIABLO 3 WILL NOT WORK WITH INTEL INTERGATED GRAHICS THEY WILL NEVER FIX IT NEVER PATCH IT NOOB TIME TO UGPRADE

Really? http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/D3supportedvideo

Looks like all of the new Sandybridge and Ivybridge integrated graphics are supported ;)
Reply Quote
OH sorry your right, JIM. Is that what your want? YOUR RIGHT. Okay your right. jeez it's people like you just just don't know when to shut it. A lot people are upset and there is nothing we can do but let them see for them self.
Reply Quote
WELL THEY NEED TO LEARN they are acting like a 5 year old hardware will work

and yes only cpus with intel i3 i5 i7 with INTEL HD 2000 3000 will work with diabo3 any lower it wont but with low performance though
Edited by Jim#1594 on 5/17/2012 2:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Firstly i'm amused by all this "laptops cannot play games" stuff, its not true, laptops can play games, its just not as optimal as on a PC. Framerates may need to be lowered, or textures but many games will still work. I have a pretty average laptop with ATI graphics and it will play a wide range of games, it just cannot handle the huge 3d games like Crysis 2 or Bf3, it cannot handle them but it will still run them. I'm not locked out from running them even though my laptop is underpowered.

But if your gpu is totally unsupported all you can really do is sigh and accept defeat. There is no fix for having an unsupported card. Thats the whole point of it "not being supported" no fixes, patches or anything. Its just bad luck and it happens in gaming sometimes. The information about unsupported cards can be somewhat buried with many games, so the excuse that you didn't know your card is unsupported can be valid.

People on forums tend to think that 99% of people use the forums as well to get information, said people also get annoyed when other people are not as enlightened as them. Don't worry, a vast majority of gamers dont use forums, they read whats on the box and buy a game. So don't be ground down by "you're an idiot for buying the game" posts. We all make mistakes, even the forum immortals make mistakes.
Reply Quote
Found a fix bro! Watch this 2 min vid on youtube this guy deserves credit!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOnMPkUNhHI
Reply Quote
88 Human Warlock
bugs me that i can play wow and not this game which was given in a promo deal. what a waste of time and effort. at least it didnt cost me like some of you guys, :( I wish there was a cure other than a 200.00 video card.
Reply Quote
People coming on these forums telling everyone to suck it up are just being complete !!!@s. I'm sorry, some people don't have the money to go "pony up" and buy a new computer or graphics card just to play a game. Also, some people just like to causally game, not go all out and get a nerdy gaming computer so they can play it on the maximum settings! Look, these people have a right to be pissed. Most people probably have a computer that's only a few years old, can play starcraft 2, can play wow, or played the beta for diablo on their computer and now they can't play the game after they bought it. Stop trolling, stop being spoiled little brats and kicking people while they are down. If you can't be productive on a forum, don't write on it
Reply Quote
we are giving people the truth not like you ryanW twisting your words so people think it well be fix if your doing pc gaming you need to upgrade ever once in a while and understand how a computer works if not go play on console with low res textures.
Edited by Jim#1594 on 5/17/2012 5:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
05/17/2012 05:29 PMPosted by jim
we are giving people the truth not like you ryanW twisting your words so people think it well be fix if your doing pc gaming you need to upgrade ever once in a while and understand how a computer works if not go play on console with low res textures.

Once again, TROLL BEGONE! Some people have to work hard for their money, and when they spend it on a game to enjoy, and then can't they get....edgy. Not everyone can run to mom and dad and say I "need" a new computer...pretty please and I'll stop whining and anoying you. Some people have either can't afford to upgrade a PC, or buy a new laptop. We aren't all members of the entitled generation you know..
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
05/17/2012 05:26 PMPosted by RyanW
Stop trolling, stop being spoiled little brats and kicking people while they are down. If you can't be productive on a forum, don't write on it

Right on brother!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
05/17/2012 05:05 PMPosted by Miamara
bugs me that i can play wow and not this game which was given in a promo deal. what a waste of time and effort. at least it didnt cost me like some of you guys, :( I wish there was a cure other than a 200.00 video card

Agree 100% a 200 dollar vidcard or a 2k (or more) gaming laptop.
Reply Quote
LOL

you people with old computer with ati 4000 or below our cpu without quad core cpus diablo 3 well never run smooth on your computers play on min fps lags and fail attempts to get the game run right

anyone playing pc games on a laptop IS A FAIL IN MY BOOK
Edited by Jim#1594 on 5/17/2012 5:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
LOL you people with old computer with ati 4000 or below our cpu without quad core cpus diablo 3 well never run smooth on your computers play on min fps lags and fail attempts to get the game run rightanyone playing pc games on a laptop IS A FAIL IN MY BOOK

And you, junior, are a tool in my book. Tell your momma she raised you wrong.
(let the trolling begin)
Reply Quote
dont be cheap buy a gaming computer not a generic one bro
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]