Diablo® III

Video Card Unsupported - Can't Play Diablo 3

90 Night Elf Hunter
05/17/2012 05:48 PMPosted by jim
dont be cheap buy a gaming computer not a generic one bro

I don't buy cheap. Money isn't the issue with most people here complaining. It's customer service we're anoyed at. Oh, and I don't buy generic. I play on a laptop because I want to. I could but a top end gaming PC toomorrow if I felt like it. But I like the setup I have now, and I'll get over not playing D3..I played the originial years ago, and wanted to see if it was as good (or as crappy) as I remeber it to be. I play WoW because I like it, not because the graphics are awsome. I could care less. I don't play WoW on max setting...

Speaking of cheap, what would your mom and dad say if you asked for a brand new PC, only a couple years after buying you the one you have now?
Reply Quote
ya but you guys want help on unsupported hardware that blazzard will never support

and no i have my own home and i dont live with my parents pro

BLAZZARD DOES NOT SUPPORT UNSUPPORTED HARDWARE GET THAT IN YOUR HEADS!!!!

THE END

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-unsupported-video-card-list

to play diablo 3 you need this
Windows® Vista/7 (latest service packs)

Intel® Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 5600+ 2.8 GHz

2 GB RAM
NVIDIA® GeForce® 260 or ATI Radeon™ HD 4870 or better
Edited by Jim#1594 on 5/17/2012 6:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I have a new tower coming tomorrow with the 7770 HD sapphire, I'm wondering if that plus AMD x6 6100 FX @ 3.3GHz, 650 w PS and 8 gigs of ram will run Diablo 3 on max graphics? I haven't kept up to date with computer tech in like 8 years so I honestly don't know if that spec will run at max, here's a link. also running windows 7 home premium 64 bit

http://www.bestbytecomputer.com/enforcer.pdf
Reply Quote
should be able to run diablo 3 but not sure about max settings depends on the resloution you put it at

here are the benchmarks for diablo 3 for max setttings
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/diablo-iii-performance-benchmark,3195-5.html

for low settings
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/diablo-iii-performance-benchmark,3195-4.html
Edited by Jim#1594 on 5/17/2012 6:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
05/17/2012 05:57 PMPosted by jim
ya but you guys want help on unsupported hardware that blazzard will never support

First, it's BLIZZARD, second we don't want help, we (the people who play WoW) were promised access to D3 if we stuck by WoW for a year, while thousands of customers quit. We were loyal, and we got screwed over. NOT buy the unsupported vidcard issues, but by the way it was handled.

BLAZZARD DOES NOT SUPPORT UNSUPPORTED HARDWARE GET THAT IN YOUR HEADS!!!!THE END

And third, quit yer yellin, we ain't deaf yanno...
Reply Quote
To everyone having this problem: If you download SwiftShader, you can get the game to run. SwiftShader emulates the features normally used by your graphics card. The catch is that everything your GPU would normally do instead gets done by your CPU and RAM, it's an emulator, so it doesn't perform the task as efficiently as something designed for it, and computers with a weak graphics card tend to have weak processors and low RAM as well so expect very low frame rates. However it WILL run the game, even if it is at very low FPS. I really recommend getting a new GPU though as any sort of workaround is going to be a poor substitute.
Reply Quote

2 GB RAM

Actually, it doesnt say any where that you need a radeon 4870 or better any where, it says 4000hd series is compatible.
Reply Quote
05/17/2012 02:13 PMPosted by Necroscope
There are people that do read the spec like all other smart people on this form keep saying " It's your fault, or It's your responsibillity to know blah blah blah spec." I been looking at this little box here and there is no where it say anything about needing a new graphic card. The other thing is not everybody keep up with this form about the unsupported card list. So for the people who can't play the game because of the unsupported card, I'm sorry. I just hope Blizzard just realize they could have made the game to accept low settings to where your playing game with not so great graphic. Kind like minecraft......LOL If i could i would set my setting low just to see that.. LOL Anyway I'm sorry for those who can't.

I agree. most of us pre ordered this at a gamestop. and gamestop wasnt not like oh yeah you're about to get screwed after your the release unless you got a upgraded card. People usually dont think about stuff like this. And why should they. We expect a great product we could enjoy. All we can hope for now is blizzard see's our post and does something to rectify this issue. we all know blizzard is going to lose tons of followers over this.
Reply Quote

and no i have my own home and i dont live with my parents pro

BLAZZARD DOES NOT SUPPORT UNSUPPORTED HARDWARE GET THAT IN YOUR HEADS!!!!

THE END

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-unsupported-video-card-list

2 GB RAM

Looks at this clown showing up acting like her represents blizzard. you have no right to come over here and rub sh*t in. how about you get a life and do something with it instead of messing with pissed off people. you will be reported. and dont go all i'm just trying to help on me. your pathitic andclearly no one wants you here.
Reply Quote
[quote="52702527280"]ya but you guys want help on unsupported hardware that blazzard will never support

do you work for blizzard? oh you don't? Then don't answer for them. you don't know anything i just got done chatting with a rep. and details toward this issue is in the hush hush. butthey are working on something. see? you wouldn't look like a idiot if you didn't make all that sh*t up now would you?
Reply Quote
the lady that sued mcdonalds won because she spilt HOT coffee on herself , did she not think it was hot...for real? point is shes a consumer got a 59cent cup of coffee and made millions......

Bet mcdonalds wished they had a TOS , hahah cause it seems to work for blizzard no matter what "wrong" they might do.

let me help you beta test your game blizz but when it comes out make it so i cant play /golf clap

so in order to get blizzard to comply we got to spill hot diablo 3 on us.... I think you got something there.
Edited by Hartsfire#1337 on 5/17/2012 7:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
the lady that sued mcdonalds won because she spilt HOT coffee on herself , did she not think it was hot...for real? point is shes a consumer got a 59cent cup of coffee and made millions......Bet mcdonalds wished they had a TOS , hahah cause it seems to work for blizzard no matter what "wrong" they might do. let me help you beta test your game blizz but when it comes out make it so i cant play /golf clapso in order to get blizzard to comply we got to spill hot diablo 3 on us.... I think you got something there.

This could just work.....someone give it a try and then post the results....it shouldn't hurt too much...
Reply Quote
I have waited for years for D3 to come out and even prepaid for it two years ago at a local store so that I would be sure to be in the first group of people to get a copy. I brought it home and (ASSUMED) I had to download Diablo, Diablo II, to then be able to download D3. Then after deleting all of that and downloading D3 onto my new Emachines computer that is only 4 months old got an error message saying that I am unable to play the game due to an " Unsupported Video Card". I am not technical at all when it comes to computers and have no idea how to fix this. I assumed I had a newer computer that this game would run and I can't afford to buy a new computer just to play this game. My system has the following:

Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pk 1
Nvidia GeForce 615 OSE
nForce 430
AMD Athalon II x2 220 Processor 2.80 GHz
64 bit OS

Is there something that can be done so the game can be played that won't cost me hundereds of dollars to play a $60 game?
Reply Quote
Premade computers almost never come with dedicated video cards. Instead they have integrated cards which are fine for normal use but terrible for games.

It won't cost you hundreds of dollars but you will need a dedicated video card. A mid range one will cost as much as the game itself, a higher end one will be closing on a hundred dollars.

You could try the escape trick and D3Prefs edit first. If the rest of your parts are new you MIGHT be able to make the game work this way without buying anything else.
Reply Quote
I downloaded the game yesterday and was able to play it. Today it tells me that my video card is not supported even though it was working fine yesterday. What sort of wizardry is this?
Reply Quote
Hello everyone. Two days ago, my brother and I pre-purchased Diablo 3. The game has run fine on his Mac but I still can't get the game to launch on my computer. The specs on my computer are:

Windows Vista Home Basic 6.0
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T5270 @ 1.40 GHz
2038 MB RAM
Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family

Every time I try to open the game, I get the same "Unsupported Video Card" message. I have tried bypassing this by pressing ESC and changing the D3Prefs but I still get a gray screen and an error message. I understand that the video card on my computer does not meet the minimum requirements. If anyone has found a way to play the game with an unsupported video card, please tell me, regardless of how bad the gameplay quality or lag is. Please do not troll and tell me that my video card is unsupported, I understand that. I have already wasted hours and hours playing with it in addition to the $60 for the game. Thank you.

I think your computer is too slow as well.
Edited by IamDiablo#1230 on 5/18/2012 7:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 07:23 PMPosted by Leviathan
That brings us nowhere closer to having a solution. There's no need to rub anything in anybody's face, we just want to play the game.

The solution is that your computer is not good enough to run this game, I am not trying to be rude, it just is what it is.
Reply Quote
05/17/2012 06:07 PMPosted by Galadriël

First, it's BLIZZARD, second we don't want help, we (the people who play WoW) were promised access to D3 if we stuck by WoW for a year, while thousands of customers quit. We were loyal, and we got screwed over. NOT buy the unsupported vidcard issues, but by the way it was handled.

BLAZZARD DOES NOT SUPPORT UNSUPPORTED HARDWARE GET THAT IN YOUR HEADS!!!!THE END

And third, quit yer yellin, we ain't deaf yanno...

No you were promised a free copy of the game if you bought the annual pass to WoW. But I do agree caps lock is not needed. No where in that offer did Blizzard say that they were going to make sure that Diablo 3 could run on every computer that is able to run WoW. Frankly the system requirements are still quite low for a 2012 PC game. Now should Blizzard have had the information available to people about what video cards were or were not supported at the time they put that offer out? Possibly (although they may have not even known for sure at that time), but I am guessing a lot of people (I'm not saying you) would not have read it anyway and still be mad.
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 07:41 PMPosted by VincentLaw
That brings us nowhere closer to having a solution. There's no need to rub anything in anybody's face, we just want to play the game.

It doesn't bring you closer to a solution because there isn't one. I'm not rubbing it in your face, I'm telling you the truth you refuse to accept. Tons of people get on this forum with a sense of entitlement, that they deserve to be able to play this on their old computer, when that's simply not true.

A $400 PC from 4 years ago simply does not cut it. You get what you pay for, and now you're paying the price for getting a low end machine back then. It's unfortunate, but that's life.

Honestly some people should stick to their 360 or PS3 as they seem unable to understand what you just said. I try to play most games on my 360 if I have a choice as I don't enjoy the issues that I do run into with PC games. That being said when I do buy a PC game because it's not available for my 360 I make sure I update all my drivers and that I can run the game before I buy it. Oh and my work laptop was a $400 computer and I do not even try to run games on that, as it is just not good enough to run most modern PC games.

Now my girls $700 laptop seems to do fine with D3 and is not nearly as good as my desktop.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]