Diablo® III

Video Card Unsupported - Can't Play Diablo 3

I have the Toshiba model A505-S6965 with the mobility 4570 and I cannot get drivers newer than the one they released in 2009 for the win7 updates. I get artifacting and the whole screen is heavily pixelated. Just wondering if anyone else has the same setup and please post if you find a cure thanks. The framerates are fine and everything seems to run smoothly its just a screen thats pretty much red and green with little definition
Edited by IrateWilly#1612 on 5/19/2012 12:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Are people really complaining they can't play a game because THEIR system is outdated and Blizzard should fix this? I'm kind of baffled by people these days..... I can only imagine them playing WoW with 12 fps and being okay with it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
In the same boat. Have the game completely downloaded but can't play it.
I had a video card in the closet that is supported but it doesn't fit into my motherboard and I'm tapped on funds so I won't be playing this for now..
It didn't occur to me that Blizzard would make a game that would require better video cards than what WoW required. I'll think twice before assuming that in the future.
I'd love to say something derogatory about Blizzard right now (out of frustration) but it's not their fault I'm broke with an old PC :-(

I feel your pain. the sad thing though is that the graphics for this game really aren't for super beefy high end machines, this game looks like they had WoW players in mind when it came to appealing to the masses because I have a 5 year old intel core 2 duo 2.2ghz 3gb ram ati radeon HD 4650 1gb PC and I run this game at 20fps-30fps consistently. So yeah...Blizz definitely TRIED to make this game for low end pc users in some regards but they didn't do a good job of executing, it's just because their installation launcher is the most horrible thing next to Silent Hunter 5 trying to install.
Reply Quote
You people do realize there are system requirements that must be met to enjoy the game, I recommend not even buying it if you cant run it on recommended, its not worth running a slow game.
Reply Quote
I had a video card in the closet that is supported but it doesn't fit into my motherboard and I'm tapped on funds so I won't be playing this for now..
It didn't occur to me that Blizzard would make a game that would require better video cards than what WoW required. I'll think twice before assuming that in the future.
I'd love to say something derogatory about Blizzard right now (out of frustration) but it's not their fault I'm broke with an old PC :-(

I feel your pain. the sad thing though is that the graphics for this game really aren't for super beefy high end machines, this game looks like they had WoW players in mind when it came to appealing to the masses because I have a 5 year old intel core 2 duo 2.2ghz 3gb ram ati radeon HD 4650 1gb PC and I run this game at 20fps-30fps consistently. So yeah...Blizz definitely TRIED to make this game for low end pc users in some regards but they didn't do a good job of executing, it's just because their installation launcher is the most horrible thing next to Silent Hunter 5 trying to install.

How is the installation launcher bad? I had no problems with it... I hope you downloaded the client and didn't use the cd.
Reply Quote
05/18/2012 08:19 PMPosted by Zimny
Are people really complaining they can't play a game because THEIR system is outdated and Blizzard should fix this? I'm kind of baffled by people these days..... I can only imagine them playing WoW with 12 fps and being okay with it.

Yeah, what blows my mind is that they got the free game for purchasing the AP with WoW, and they are mad because their computer cannot run the game because it doesn't meet the minimum specs. Instead of understanding it they say that Blizzard promised them that they would be able to play Diablo 3 and it's Blizzard's fault that their computer is outdated at least for gaming purposes.

And before I hear my computer can run WoW it should run D3. WoW came out in 04 and Blizz has done their best to make sure that the system requirements have not gone up much for WoW with expansions.
Reply Quote
88 Gnome Mage
Age really has nothing to do with it, the problem is people are using desktops not built for gaming to game, and this simply doesnt work, computers are outdated quickly after u buy it and newer games get more adavanced, alot of people just went to walmart and bought a pc off the shelf, problem is these computers have onboard graphics, and they just wont cut it with new game

Im currently using a system i just bought 4 months ago, and guess what? i cant play as well, because i have onboard graphics, however i did plan ahead and i have a barebone kit coming in the mail. I cant play alot of the new games, such as skyrim or even rift runs really low @ lowest settings.

If you have a desktop, update your vid card, you can get a cheap card for the same price as the game itself, or get a new system preferably one with a video card, if you really cant upgrade your system then im sorry to say your sol.
Reply Quote

Lol love the Silent Hunter reference, that being said I think they did a great job of keeping the specs as low as they could for this game.

I don't know what you mean by the installation launcher though, and I don't know what exactly that would have to do with the requirements being to high for peoples computers.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Age really has nothing to do with it, the problem is people are using desktops not built for gaming to game, and this simply doesnt work, computers are outdated quickly after u buy it and newer games get more adavanced, alot of people just went to walmart and bought a pc off the shelf, problem is these computers have onboard graphics, and they just wont cut it with new game

Im currently using a system i just bought 4 months ago, and guess what? i cant play as well, because i have onboard graphics, however i did plan ahead and i have a barebone kit coming in the mail. I cant play alot of the new games, such as skyrim or even rift runs really low @ lowest settings.

If you have a desktop, update your vid card, you can get a cheap card for the same price as the game itself, or get a new system preferably one with a video card, if you really cant upgrade your system then im sorry to say your sol.

Most premade machines off of the self have onboard video, and a low power supply, so make sure your new video card can be run with your current power supply! If not update it you can get a PS for like $40 that can handle most cards but check the card requirement as well.
Reply Quote

Well the older the computer provided you have not upgraded it the more likely it is that you will not have good enough specs to run a new game. But anytime there is an integrated 3D graphics card on a computer to my knowledge it is just not going to run games well. Sadly it is not always communicated to the buyer that they may have problems with new games. In fact, when my girl was looking at computers last summer the guy at best buy told her that a desktop with an integrated graphic card would have no problem run SWTOR when it launched. I don't think he was lying on purpose, I just think he did not know much about PC gaming.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Even if you could start D3 with that computer you'll wish you haven't
Reply Quote
i have an acer aspire and my graphics card which is a moble intel 4 series. the game doesnt support my graphics card. what type of graphics card should i get for my laptop in order to make it run smooth. im not a pc gamer at all im a console/ fighting gamer just trying out diablo. if yall could help id be most grateful.
Reply Quote
durp, durp durp durp durp. how can you say you have been an it for 21 years and then ask people what you should get? arent you supposed to be smart with them there computermajigs? and replacing desktops with laptops makes you completely retarded, so every desktop in the world is going to be a laptop? astounding....simply astounding, had to comment,
Reply Quote
The funniest thing about the first post is that he doesn't even have a video card.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Posted by Galadriëlya but you guys want help on unsupported hardware that blazzard will never supportFirst, it's BLIZZARD, second we don't want help, we (the people who play WoW) were promised access to D3 if we stuck by WoW for a year, while thousands of customers quit. We were loyal, and we got screwed over. NOT buy the unsupported vidcard issues, but by the way it was handled.BLAZZARD DOES NOT SUPPORT UNSUPPORTED HARDWARE GET THAT IN YOUR HEADS!!!!THE ENDAnd third, quit yer yellin, we ain't deaf yanno...No you were promised a free copy of the game if you bought the annual pass to WoW. But I do agree caps lock is not needed. No where in that offer did Blizzard say that they were going to make sure that Diablo 3 could run on every computer that is able to run WoW. Frankly the system requirements are still quite low for a 2012 PC game. Now should Blizzard have had the information available to people about what video cards were or were not supported at the time they put that offer out? Possibly (although they may have not even known for sure at that time), but I am guessing a lot of people (I'm not saying you) would not have read it anyway and still be mad.

Nah..if I had read it, I wouldn't be mad. In fact I probably wouldn't have played D3 all that much. I use to play Diablo back in the olden days, along with the original Doom, and would have been curious to see if it had improved. I didn't really enjoy original Diablo, btw...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
05/18/2012 08:19 PMPosted by Zimny

Oh look, a NTOTB...(new troll on the block)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Posted by ZimnyAre people really complaining they can't play a game because THEIR system is outdated and Blizzard should fix this? I'm kind of baffled by people these days..... I can only imagine them playing WoW with 12 fps and being okay with it.Yeah, what blows my mind is that they got the free game for purchasing the AP with WoW, and they are mad because their computer cannot run the game because it doesn't meet the minimum specs. Instead of understanding it they say that Blizzard promised them that they would be able to play Diablo 3 and it's Blizzard's fault that their computer is outdated at least for gaming purposes.And before I hear my computer can run WoW it should run D3. WoW came out in 04 and Blizz has done their best to make sure that the system requirements have not gone up much for WoW with expansions.

Don't be a tool. What we were promised was a copy of D# if we promised to stick with WoW & Blizzard for a year. This was done to keep income coming in, while alot of WoW customers were going elsewhere. They dangled this in front of WoW customers, without at first telling people what the hardware requirements would be (whether they knew at the time or not, they could have at least estimated). Most people ar mad, because they prebought or precomitted, and then were told they couldn't run it. It's not the running of the game itself, it's the WAY the whole launch of the game came about.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
05/18/2012 08:30 PMPosted by Magikal
you can get a cheap card for the same price as the game itself,

you have to realize, some kids, and adults too...have saved up for months to buy the game. The same price for a low end vidcard just isn't doable for them.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
05/19/2012 12:02 AMPosted by browneyekill
durp, durp durp durp durp. how can you say you have been an it for 21 years and then ask people what you should get? arent you supposed to be smart with them there computermajigs? and replacing desktops with laptops makes you completely retarded, so every desktop in the world is going to be a laptop? astounding....simply astounding, had to comment,

I assume you are referring to me. but can't be sure since you aren't able to quote. I worked in IT for 20+ years, mostly on mainframes and databases. Because you are literate in one area of IT, doesn't mean you are in all areas. I'm relatively new to gaming, only been playing 3 or 4 years. And besides, you don't learn new things if you don't ask. That's one of the reasons these forums exist, so people can share information. Not just so trolls have a place to go other than under the local bridge.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
my pc was built after they started making the game. :'(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]