Diablo® III

*Spoiler* My friends and I cry...

Why?! Why did you kill Cain?

He was such a good friend, we go back so many years, so so many years! Everyone I know that games is terribly upset by this!

Way to rip our hearts out Blizzard.......

Now how are we going to stay awhile and listen?!?
Reply Quote
8 Dwarf Hunter
we can only have one narrorator!!!! and leah is here!! XD
Edited by lemoniii#1752 on 5/15/2012 9:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
lay a while and crispen
Reply Quote
I took was caught off guard by this..I actually felt like I lost a RL friend, after a decade of my gaming life spent with him.. it actually hurt and while I didn't cry my eyes definately watered and I have a feeling of sadness now. I'm still in Act 1 so perhaps the rest of the story was worth it and he's paid tribute or maybe comes in as ghost later? Would be cool to see him in Nightmare as a spectre or something...

-Cas
Reply Quote
Worse, they killed him off randomly with a throwaway character that no one will remember. Hell I can't even remember her name and I just killed her earlier this morning.
Reply Quote
I don't think its the fact he died, it's the way they did it.
Reply Quote
Why remove/destroy the two most iconic diablo characters in the game? Blizzard you should fire your writers, because this is just beyond stupid.

Tyrael (the angel) and Cain you will be dearly missed.
Reply Quote
Decard cain deserved it!!!!, he abused of his position as the only person who could identify items in D1!!!

[Sarcastic]
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
i couldn't believe it either. how could they? no i haven't read the books. reading is highly over-rated. i'll watch when it comes to dvd. besides the book writer easily could have saved our heart and not killed off poor Deckard to start with. and poor tyrael :-( i did cry for him. such a sad state of affairs.
Reply Quote
maybe he may come back as a bad guy in the add on pack when it comes out
Reply Quote
After this happened I kinda felt guilty that I didn't "stay awhile and listen" much more then I should have..
Reply Quote
Cain was killed cuz we can ID our own gear nao.
Reply Quote
lay a while and crispen

icwutudidtere
Reply Quote
They had to kill Cain so that that the main character Leah could have all the attention as she went off on an adventure with her new angel BFF(and their sidekick pack mule for looting(you)).

On a more serious note...

D': They killed off Deckard Cain. He was like the Mr. Rogers of video games. Everyone liked the old man! WHY!?
Reply Quote
Decard cain deserved it!!!!, he abused of his position as the only person who could identify items in D1!!!

[Sarcastic]

That's not true! The bard could identify items!

*is probably the only person ever to own the Hellfire expansion*
Reply Quote
*stay a while and listen*

*while i get hit by this meteor*
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 10:44 PMPosted by Erogar
I don't think its the fact he died, it's the way they did it.

Hundred times this. Far too unceremonious for a character like Cain. Deserved a better end than being laser-beamed by a fairy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
He would probably have spotted Adria's motives so he had to die... I was shocked at how they killed him, and even more shocked at how they killed him. Maghda wasn't really a compelling villain. And then they killed Leah, the Horadrim are all dead now... I'd rather have seem more of Cain to be fair.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]