Diablo® III

Mouse Cursor disappears

90 Undead Warlock
I'm running on a Mac mini 5,1 with 8GB RAM under Lion 10.7.4 in windowed fullscreen.
All my settings are turned way down and the game is tolerable for the time being, but while dragging items from my inventory to dump them (making room for blues and yellows) if I drag several items in a quick succession sometimes the mouse cursor will stop rendering and I will have to cmd-tab to a different window/the finder for a moment, or gesture on the my magic trackpad (not what i'm playing with, using a Logitech LX8 cordless laser mouse for that) and go back to get the mouse to render again. Not sure if this is because of the OS, openGL or the game itself, but just wanted to make the devs aware, but this should be pretty low on the list of mac issues if it is one, please do something about the fps jittering first.
Reply Quote
Same problem here on MBA 10.7.4
Reply Quote
Sma eissue over here. Running the mac and cursor just disappears
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
Same, on occasion, the mouse arrow just spontaneously disappears, without warning or any buttons being pressed. It's getting rather aggravating.

EDIT: I figured that somehow it involves grabbing items off floor with full bags and jerking the mouse over to an open inventory tab. It disappears, but when you click and move an item within the inventory bag, the mouse comes back. I repeated this a few times with success.
Edited by Sleix#1828 on 5/20/2012 6:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
had the same problem when I cmd-tabbed out during a video to respond to someone on skype. returned and it was gone, i had to reboot the game to to fix, logging didn't work
Edited by Kaluriel#2263 on 5/20/2012 10:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
cursor disappeared after a cutscene for me. cmd-tab and bring back my window brought it back.
Reply Quote
YES THIS! This has been happening to me for the last three days!

I was playing with two other friends and we had to end our game because I lost my mouse and then it ended in a kernel panic on my side.

I've then played the last two days on my own and everything is fine, but if I open up my inventory, my mouse pointer goes away and I just have to hit escape and then pray to try and get the game to quit.

I'm also getting put back to the same place early in Act II every time I start my demon hunter, no matter if I exited the game in town or somewhere else entirely.

This has basically made the game unplayable and I'm so very sad.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Thanks for the reports. This seems to be happening on both Mac and PC. Are y'all only noticing this in Window mode?
Edited by Machkhan on 5/24/2012 4:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 and my cursor disappears as well. It has happened after open the inventory screen, at a merchant and also when I opened the cask of souls. I'm in fullscreen mode. After changing some video settings, like resolution etc, the cursor would come back for a bit (few seconds, until you do something again). To fix, I need to restart the game... quite annoying.
Reply Quote
05/24/2012 11:58 PMPosted by meenfreem
I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 and my cursor disappears as well. It has happened after open the inventory screen, at a merchant and also when I opened the cask of souls. I'm in fullscreen mode. After changing some video settings, like resolution etc, the cursor would come back for a bit (few seconds, until you do something again). To fix, I need to restart the game... quite annoying.

Blizzard doesn't support running their games through WINE or whatever !@#$ty wrapper you're using. So, don't expect any support.
Reply Quote
fair enough, not expecting it. But this issue seems to be unrelated to whatever OS you might be using.
Reply Quote
Yeah, I play on a PC in windowed mode, and this just happened to me. However, I managed to fix it in a weird way. I could still see where the cursor would have been because objects still highlight when your mouse is hovered over them. Using that to see, I dropped an item from my inventory (dragged it outside), and my cursor reappeared.
Reply Quote
I've only been playing in Full Screen mode and it's happening to me repeatedly.
Reply Quote
Win 7 Ultimate x64 - Same problem. I don't seem to get it in game however. I mostly get the issue at the login/hero screen & have to close down the game & re-open it for the mouse to come back. One time the other day it wouldn't reappear even after rebooting my machine several times & the only way to fix it then was to do a full re-install. Hope this little info also helps in detecting the bug.
Reply Quote
I encountered the same problem today, after chucking around 5-6 items in a row from my bag. The tip above helped: chucking another item from your bag (takes some trial and error) brought the cursor back. Happened to me 3-4 times now. Restarted the game in between before I found this forum. EU server, iMac, Mac OS 10.7.4 build 11e53

edit: Fullscreen mode for me.
Edited by Vampireeyes#2818 on 5/27/2012 5:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Not windowed, fullscreen.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Thanks. I'll pass this feedback up :)
Reply Quote
I noticed that I can reproduce it by throwing 5 things from my bag... as soon as I throw number 5 cursor is gone, next I throw another one with the invisible cursor and it's back. Asked a friend of mine to try and he doesn't have this problem. So it isn't happening to all of us. Using a Razer Mamba 4G (wired) if that helps...
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
im running windows 7 and if i run in full screen i have no mouse.when i run in window the mouse disappears from time to time and it cause other visual glitches at the same time.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
05/28/2012 07:50 AMPosted by Odèn
im running windows 7 and if i run in full screen i have no mouse.when i run in window the mouse disappears from time to time and it cause other visual glitches at the same time.

You will need to report that on the PC forums.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386227/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]