Diablo® III

Mouse Cursor disappears

Did we get a resalutionto this issue yet?
Reply Quote
When I play windowed, windowed fullscreen, and fullscreen it happens.
The game moves along fine, until I try to speak to a merchant or use my inventory for any reason, such as while on a quest I need to dump unwanted items. Totally keeps me from being able to play, can't clean out my inventory, buy healing potions. So, I'm stuck. Thank you. I've sent in a ticket and spoke to cust ser.
Edited by LOVIEGAMMY#1838 on 7/6/2012 7:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Looking for a resolution here, not just a workaround. My cursor disappears and is almost impossible to try and get it to highlight anything. Using Mac OS X Version 10.7.4 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5 Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3.
Reply Quote
I'm getting this very frequently in fullscreen viewed over Thunderbolt->HDMI on my TV (non-mirrored). Have to cmd-Tab out and back in to restore the pointer.
Reply Quote
same happened here, mine didn't bring back after cmd+tab....
Reply Quote
Started happening recently to me as well. The trick someone suggested of finding the cursor using the tooltips and dragging an item out of the inventory window works to bring it back for me.

Open the inventory, then move the mouse until items start to light up. When one is highlighted, click it and drag it out of the inventory window to drop it on the ground. It's clumsy and still frustrating, but better than having to lose progress.
Reply Quote
I just experienced this. I was in full-screen mode. I forced my way to get into window mode. The cursor seems come back.
Reply Quote
Hi, for me it is the sam Issue.

Noticed that when I have Big Boss Fights and very crowding fights.

It is really annoying.. every time this happend Im so frstrated that I dont played the game for weeks.. :(

regards
Reply Quote
me 2 i have a acer i5 core processor and 8g ram lap top special bought for dia 3 and now i cant play and i have windows 7 instaled
Reply Quote
Just for the record, it is now almost 7 months since this issue was posted, and there has been no effective response from Blizzard.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
This is something we haven't been able to reproduce yet :(

If this is happening on both Mac and PC (or just PC), then the bug forum is the best place for this. We can only recreate Mac specific items here.
Reply Quote
Still unresolved and happening almost 80% of the time when I enter The Larder to fight Ghom.

21.5" mid-2010 iMac / Mac OS X 10.8.2 / 16GB RAM / ATI Radeon HD 4670 256MB

The workaround is to drop something from or put something in your inventory. Even though I've learned to fight Ghom without a mouse pointer, it would be nice if this could be fixed.
Reply Quote
Just happened to me. 17" MBP late 2011. Razer Naga mouse. Was in an uber when it happened. Had to log. now I lost a machine for nothing. Thanks Blizz!
Reply Quote
110 Dwarf Paladin
Playing on a MBP 15 running Lion 10.7.5. Happens to me coming out of cutscenes. Cursor becomes invisible, which makes the game pretty much unplayable. Restarting the game is the only fix I've found so far.
Reply Quote
mouse cursor is disappearing on my machine as well.

happens almost always at the diablo fight after the death-cutscene.
running fullscreen mode.

if i tab out and into the game again, the mouse cursor is there again.
i am using a 3rd party mouse (razr) on a 27" imac 2011.

never happened before 107.
Reply Quote
seems to happen for me after canceling a cutscene. wish i could be more specific but so far it seems pretty random.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Thanks. Our team is looking at all these reports and trying to reproduce it now, as we've had a few other reports relating to this happening after the 1.0.7 update.
Reply Quote
If it helps, this also happens to me when playing starcraft2, so it may be something in common with both games.
Reply Quote
I don't have the pick up problem but my cursor disappears as soon as I get to the demon gate
Reply Quote
I am having the vanishing mouse issue as well. It usually happens right after a video seen to a boss. I have been playing hardcore mode and it has almost killed me. The first time it happened I was able to command+tab then return to game to get it to reappear. This last time however, that did not work. I was forced to leave the game entirely, which prompted me to come report this. This could be very problematic in hardcore mode, please resolve this issue before it is the death of me, literally. I am using a Mac OS X 10.7.5

Thank you kindly
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]