Diablo® III

AMD athlon 64 3800+ (and it works perfectly)

Hi everyone.

This might be considered a pointless post, but i just want to give some hope to those people who don't meet the system requirements.

I have a very old pc.
AMD athlon 64 3800+
2 Gig ram
Nvidea geforce 6500 gt -512mb (My display drivers date back to 2010)
Windows XP

After the 'dont meet system requirements' screen pops up i just left everything. I didnt click on anything, the installer just said 0%, but i could hear the disk spinning. The diablo3.temp folder was getting bigger. (this was all posted in these forums)

When the install finished (disk stopped spinning and shortcut was created) i ran the updater and played the game. Perfectly. It's actually running at medium to high settings without a glitch.

I cant speak for all the other errors that people are getting, but dont be deterred by the 'dont meet system requirement' message. Just leave it be and let it at least finish the install. If it works on my crappy pc then i'm sure it will work on a lot other people's systems as well.

good luck guys!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You're a champ!!

I have the same processor and was looking for this exact topic before I bought the game. Planning on updating it soon and I was thinking I would have to wait till then until I could install.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Same happened to me, but with the Digital Download.
I downloaded the 7.6gb installer overnight, woke up and started the installer.
Came to check on it 20 minutes later and was sitting at 0 percent.
Stopped it, started it over, and same thing.
Stopped it, started it over and just let it sit for about 30-45 minutes. Came back and the game was installed.
Reply Quote
You're a champ!!

I have the same processor and was looking for this exact topic before I bought the game. Planning on updating it soon and I was thinking I would have to wait till then until I could install.

Like i said i cant speak for all the other errors that people are getting. But purely based on your hardware i dont see any problem running the game with this cpu, or anything better that is still under their minimum specs.

I was shocked to see how well it's running :)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Like i said i cant speak for all the other errors that people are getting. But purely based on your hardware i dont see any problem running the game with this cpu, or anything better that is still under their minimum specs.

I was shocked to see how well it's running :)

Wait till you get a few mobs around & kiss your 10 fps goodbye.
Reply Quote
Barring my snafu with the agent program (still wondering why that or battle-net is even required), yea. A single core 4000Hz will run the game just fine.

I'm not sure why a 4400Hz dual-core or better is a system requirement unless their testing bed was based on running a lot of junk/spy-ware.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5008271091
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]