This happened to me as well, putting in a support ticket.
So I figured it out: I was actually logging into the EU server. Here's what I did to fix it:
- Deleted my Battle.net cache folder (C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\Cache on Windows 7)
- Opened D3, click Options on the login screen, then Account, then change the server you're logging into, then try to log in.
Worked for me.
Edited by thanexor#1135 on 5/16/2012 8:03 AM PDT
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.