Diablo® III

Error Occurred Resetting D3D..

90 Blood Elf Priest
...BUMP
same problem.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6036617044

This fix worked for me.. The post about enabling Vsynch and setting the max frame rates to 30.
Reply Quote
Did i miss something and Blizzard changed the Global Play feature?
"With Battle.net®’s Global Play functionality, you’ll have access to Diablo® III game servers in regions outside your own, making it easy to play with your friends in other parts of the world."
"In general, players will create characters and play in their "home" region, which is determined by where they live (specifically, the country of residence registered to their Battle.net account). Global Play gives players the ability to switch to any of the other game regions via the in-game options menu, either before or after they log in to the game."
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Breor,

What's your question exactly and why are you posting in this unrelated thread from last December?

You've only quoted a very small part of the FAQ, did you read all of it?

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-global-play-faq?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=support_forums&utm_campaign=BlizzardCS
Reply Quote
I too have started receiving this error. I'm running a desktop PC with an NVidia 440 card. Sometimes it recovers itself and resumes. Other times it glitches out completely, followed by that D3D error. The video problem carries into windows after the game closes, simply giving windows an FPS of around 0.2. Logging out then back in restarts something and fixes it.

I'm running speedfan and msi afterburner to monitor and control fans. My video card was at 48C when this happened last. The CPU was at 54C. Nothing out of the ordinary. Other games that push the temps up much higher run great.
Reply Quote
I too have noticed this after the patch. I have never had this happen before and now it is messing up my Google Chrome tabs after the D3 process has even been ended!
Reply Quote
i suggest starting by posting your DXDiag
Reply Quote
I just want to let you know that you are not alone and it seems that this problem is indeed something related with RoS.

I have a DELL XPS 8300 system, and everything was working fine before 3/25/2014
I was able to play SC2 & Diablo 3 without any problems and for hours and hours (6-8 hrs) typical sessions.

After RoS was installed, and sometimes after 1 hr, sometimes after a couple of hours, the system locks up and I get the "An error ocurred reseting D3D."

I have a case open with Blizzard support, but it seems I am not getting any real technical engineering support, just the regular: "You have to update your drivers ..."
Just in case, I updated my Audio and Video drivers, and that still doesn't solve the problem.

Blizzard, we need some help here.
This is not a random generic problem it seems.

Just in case, my GPU = AMD Radeon HD 6700
Reply Quote
Me too - May 2014! Geforce GTX 285. Crashed to blue screen and restarts computer, or black then I get the D3D resetting bug message. It's terrible. Crashes every 3 mins or so. Unplayable.
Reply Quote
did anyone manage to fix this annoying error?

- Radeon HD 6870
Edited by ChoyxX#1882 on 5/16/2014 2:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I have a little trick : play a video in the background and in loop. Dont forgot to enable video hardware acceleration.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]