Diablo® III

Hit 60 earlier this morning...

I'll answer some questions people have about skills if anyone is interested. Not posting this to brag so I hope people don't get the wrong impression, I'd just like to help out the DH forums (especially LtShaft - your math info is always much appreciated!). I'll try to check these forums every now and then.
Reply Quote
Build for Aoe and build for Bosses?
Reply Quote
Did you ever use Impale w/ Grievous Wounds to check how much extra damage the crit multiplier gives exactly? That's the only question I can think of at this point.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Grats on 60. I'm lv23 and havent really had a real chance to grind out levels... but starting Friday night, oh its on! =)
Reply Quote
Grats on 60 !
Reply Quote
Ever find a use for shadow power? Ever? Trying to find a way to weave it in, because I like the health drain.
Reply Quote
Is the % weapon damage that all skills used based on the dps shown on your character sheet?

Or is it based on the min/max damage of your weapon, sans attack speed/other modifiers?
Reply Quote
share the best multipurpose build youve been sporting
Reply Quote
Is the % weapon damage that all skills used based on the dps shown on your character sheet?

Or is it based on the min/max damage of your weapon, sans attack speed/other modifiers?

I can answer this one myself I think. The "damage" shown on your character screen is the average of your weapon damage when you factor in attack speed and pretty much every other modifier (hence if you increase your attack speed the value you see for damage increases even though attack speed actually has nothing to do with raw damage numbers, only dps). It's not actually damage even though it says it is, it's damage per second. It's strictly representing your dps if you just attacked with something that always hit for 100% weapon damage. Basically it takes all your min-max damage, adds it up and modifies it by your crit chance, dex, crit damage, etc. and then averages it and multiplies by attack speed.
Edited by Threllen#1475 on 5/16/2012 1:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
What do you think of our survivability? Have you tried Hell difficulty?

level 52, working through act 1 hell mode and we have almost no survivability unless we're kiting, which in groups isn't viable since you'll need your party to drop elites (which is what im speaking of since normal mobs are jokes and bosses are straight forward)

What I think: Stack full vitality before bosses and switch to dex gear for bosses, staying alive is important since you cant do damage if you're dead, and that's all we're good for.
Reply Quote
My aoe revolved around Dual chakrams until I could get fire at will multishot. I LOVED multishot especially duoing with a barb. He would agro huge groups and I'd destroy them instantly. Did not test numbers with Grievous Wounds yet sorry. I'll do it a bit later and let you know.

I acutally used shadow power a LOT once I got Gloom rune. I really REALLY needed to keep my HP topped off and I did not like using potions unless I had to. One multishot + Shadow power = full HP. The 65% damage reduction saved me a lot. I used smoke screen for most bosses and shadow power for farming trash mobs, etc.

Well, I wouldn't be the best to ask this but I'm 95% sure it's based on min/max of your weap, otherwise your numbers would be looking exactly the same if it was a strict multiplier of your one number (the damage number on char sheet).

Sorry if I can't answer everyone. I haven't had much time to test things. I do love that Bait the Trap does not need to have the trap triggered in order to get 10% crit :D
Reply Quote
What do you think of our survivability? Have you tried Hell difficulty?

level 52, working through act 1 hell mode and we have almost no survivability unless we're kiting, which in groups isn't viable since you'll need your party to drop elites (which is what im speaking of since normal mobs are jokes and bosses are straight forward)

What I think: Stack full vitality before bosses and switch to dex gear for bosses, staying alive is important since you cant do damage if you're dead, and that's all we're good for.

Survivability was a BIG issue for me. I died a lot for a while and had to get shadow power with gloom. I think evasive fire might be really important as well if needed. My biggest issue is that if there are times where I can't burn down champion mobs that are on me before I run out of discipline then I am in trouble. It's impossible to kite most of them without discipline (or evasive fire maybe).

I also needed to stack quite a bit of vitality. I had did swap out my EXP gear during bosses to give more damage / vita instead of exp. EXP per kill doesn't do much for bosses, unless there's something I don't know about :P

I'll try to put up a build when I'm not too busy later.
Reply Quote
05/16/2012 01:27 PMPosted by Dog
My aoe revolved around Dual chakrams until I could get fire at will multishot. I LOVED multishot especially duoing with a barb. He would agro huge groups and I'd destroy them instantly.

This makes me happy. I love multishot/FaW. I am at 34 and it is my go-to skill. I am mowing through act 1 NM.
Reply Quote
05/16/2012 01:32 PMPosted by sc00ts
My aoe revolved around Dual chakrams until I could get fire at will multishot. I LOVED multishot especially duoing with a barb. He would agro huge groups and I'd destroy them instantly.

This makes me happy. I love multishot/FaW. I am at 34 and it is my go-to skill. I am mowing through act 1 NM.

Yeah I do too. Honestly, dual chakram is more DPS over a period of time on groups of mobs, but I REALLY like that multishot is an instant, huge hitbox aoe. The immediate damage is what sold me.
Reply Quote
LtShaft I messed with Impale a little bit. Not sure if you had anything in mind you wanted me to test specifically, just let me know and I'll try to help.

With grievous wounds I would average 9-10k per white hit and around 22-25k average on crit hits. I have +72% crit bonus damage normally.

Let me know if you want me to get any numbers or things specifically.
Reply Quote
Can companions die?

Are cluster rockets as bad as they look? (HUGE hatred cost)

Does rapid fire/support fire shoot all 3 rockets at the same target if there is only one target?
Reply Quote
From what I've seen companions can't die, but I only messed with them a little. The only one I really use is the ferret for mfing. I HATE cluster rockets. Hate it. The 3 rockets can target one target. It's really really high damage but if you have really high attack speed it drains hatred sooo fast.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aQZjgd!eYT!YaaaYb

For people that were asking, this is close to what I use. I switch out skills quite a bit while leveling. For bosses I usually like to have smoke screen. In hell I had swapped out Impale with Caltrops Bait the Trap rune. I liked the extra survivability having that slow along with the constant 10% crit. Best of both worlds.

My passives changed a lot while leveling. I usually always tried to get a bow so archery and steady aim stayed constant the whole way through. I really liked sharpshooter later on. People hate on it, but I found it to be really good.

Hungering arrow I couldn't decide between devouring and shatter. Shatter is very good, but for single target it seems like only 1, MAYBE 2, of the pierced shots can pierce the same mob again. I'm not sure how the mechanics work for them. I used both depending on how I was feeling at the time :P
Edited by Dog#1848 on 5/16/2012 4:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Im 31 just starting act 1 on nightmare and already feeel super squishy. I have roughly 700 dps and 1700hp or so. Time to add some Vit or what?
Reply Quote
How is Mark of death + mortal enemy affected by attack rate? How does it work with rapid fire?

Evasive fire + covering fire; does it really shoot 3 attacks at once at max range?

Strafe + rocket storm; is it one rocket per tick? Does strafe normally hit everyone in range every tick?

What is the % that nightstalker works on crits?

Does caltrops continually refresh numbing traps while the enemy is in it?

Do you call them by their proper name hizzies?

Your stats at level 60? (specifically life/dps/mf, any more interesting info)

How is the gold flow at 60? Making tons and tons or always strapped for more?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]