Diablo® III

Hit 60 earlier this morning...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aQZjgd!eYT!YaaaYb

For people that were asking, this is close to what I use. I switch out skills quite a bit while leveling. For bosses I usually like to have smoke screen. In hell I had swapped out Impale with Caltrops Bait the Trap rune. I liked the extra survivability having that slow along with the constant 10% crit. Best of both worlds.

My passives changed a lot while leveling. I usually always tried to get a bow so archery and steady aim stayed constant the whole way through. I really liked sharpshooter later on. People hate on it, but I found it to be really good.

Hungering arrow I couldn't decide between devouring and shatter. Shatter is very good, but for single target it seems like only 1, MAYBE 2, of the pierced shots can pierce the same mob again. I'm not sure how the mechanics work for them. I used both depending on how I was feeling at the time :P

noob question but how do u get vault and MFD together?
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
So you used a Bow primary? Im stacking a little AS with my 2H Crossbow and feeling that it gave the most DPS per %.

I find it pretty hard to build up Hatred with a 2H Crossbow so stacked some AS% and hatred wasn't a problem.

How do you feel about Multishot vs Ice Arrows? Also on bosses do you like to use Rapid Fire? Rapid Fire (Homing looks awesome) did a lot of DPS for me, especially 2H Crossbow
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aQZjgd!eYT!YaaaYb

For people that were asking, this is close to what I use. I switch out skills quite a bit while leveling. For bosses I usually like to have smoke screen. In hell I had swapped out Impale with Caltrops Bait the Trap rune. I liked the extra survivability having that slow along with the constant 10% crit. Best of both worlds.

My passives changed a lot while leveling. I usually always tried to get a bow so archery and steady aim stayed constant the whole way through. I really liked sharpshooter later on. People hate on it, but I found it to be really good.

Hungering arrow I couldn't decide between devouring and shatter. Shatter is very good, but for single target it seems like only 1, MAYBE 2, of the pierced shots can pierce the same mob again. I'm not sure how the mechanics work for them. I used both depending on how I was feeling at the time :P

Esc -> Option -> Gameplay -> Interface -> Elective mode
Reply Quote
cool! congrats on 60! i love that you are trying to help rest of DHs.
Reply Quote
Do you plan on using Nephalem valor to farm Hell some more before going off to Inferno? Did you spend any time farming in nightmare to prepare for hell?
Reply Quote
Im curious I find myself never being without vault, i just find it too useful, in groups and solo. Have you tried any builds at 60 w/o vault successfully?

I dont even try other builds out fully because vault is just so good for getting out of sticky situations.

Same story with Caltrops.
Reply Quote
Screenshot of your current gear/stats

How do you choose which gems for which pieces and why

How common are legendaries, if you've seen any yet

Do you ever use marked for death?
Reply Quote
Once you're near 60.. I think people are overlooking the damage buff from 'Caltraps' the rune is 'Bait the Trap' you gain 10% crit chance while standing in the trap. If this works without the need for the trap to be activated... this will be a golden skill for extra DPS on boss fights.

Can you confirm or deny this theory?
Reply Quote

Esc -> Option -> Gameplay -> Interface -> Elective mode

... why isn't this enabled by default? So many more build choices now...

Thanks for the tip!
Reply Quote
Just a general question: I am around level 15 I believe and up until ~level 10 I found DH rather boring I think mainly due to lack of AoE attacks. Now that I have the chakras (the flying star things) and the explosive shot attack I am generally mowing through act 1 Normal now and was having a great time.

Do DH continue to get more fun as you increase in level? I would imagine so, silly question perhaps.
Reply Quote
Sorry everyone been doing inferno testing runs nonstop for a few hours now, I'll try my best to answer questions in a bit.
Reply Quote
Damastes: To be honest I haven't been able to test much of what you've asked about. I've been really busy with inferno, act 2 atm. I don't want to hold back my group by testing random stuff. I do call hizzies by their proper name :). I'll try to look into your questions more when my group is offline.

Windchimes: Yes, bow primarily for leveling. I prefer multishot a lot more than ice elemental arrow. The split from the ice arrow was a bit strange for my taste. I don't really use rapid fire even though it's amazing dps. I might fiddle with it sometime.

Damastes: My plan was to farm Hell with the valor buff, but we actually started to farm skelly king in inferno after trying it out. It's not so bad as long as you pick and choose which champion packs you want to kill. We got a lot of good loot and ended up killing butcher in our first attempt. From what I've seen, every stream has wiped a lot on butcher except us. I think farming gear first then doing butcher after you have some damage is best.

Fatman: I thought about doing stuff without vault, but decided not to. I love it too much to get rid of it =/. Same with Bait the Trap calatrops. I just can't take it off my bar.

wulfie: The 10% crit chance DOES work even if the trap is NOT active. It is absolutely amazing. I love it.

Jamrock: I think it's always fun as you unlock new things and have new possibilities. The best part so far in this game is that I thought I would NEVER use certain skills but now I end up using it as part of my core build (Shadow Power). It's fun to experiment too.

Heisenberg: We die, a lot :D. Mostly to champions and elite packs. You'll see in the screenshot of my stats below that we die a ton on trash. There are some REALLY scary combinations. The bosses, I've found, are really easy. We're in act 2 right now and have done every boss/mini boss our first attempt. That will most likely change very soon.

Pic of my stats while server was going down. I couldn't create a game at the time so this is the best I've got. My hp is 21k. I only had about 9k DPS when I hit 60...it's come a long way.

http://i47.tinypic.com/jl2t77.png
Reply Quote
Hi, my build is very different from your build. Idea of my build is to get hatred as much as possible so i can spam cluster bomb runes which is op as hell when it hits single target. Is multishot good?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#UPhVXj!geT!aYbcZY
Edited by Vech#1836 on 5/17/2012 6:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Im using cluster bombs, its retardedly good. Multishot is also good but I prefer my cluster bombs.
Reply Quote
im lvl 48 (on nightmare ) stuck at Rakanoth and the hell his the most disturbing boss in this game instant kills me all the time . How do you get him ?
Reply Quote
You male or female demon hunter, and which looks cooler in armor? Got a female demon hunter at level 20 and it looks like a clown.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
05/17/2012 06:15 AMPosted by Sprinkles
You male or female demon hunter, and which looks cooler in armor? Got a female demon hunter at level 20 and it looks like a clown.

My female demon hunter at level 25 just looked ridiculously awesome. Now at 35, I look like an angel o.o
Reply Quote
DId you use single bow or double bows
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]