Diablo® III

Hit 60 earlier this morning...

So, when it comes to Dex, do you use only emerald gems? or do you throw any vitality in there to try and even out for some more surviability. this have been brewing in my mind for a while now. level 44 and hoping to figure out what works best for surviability in my case.
Reply Quote
what weapon do you use? 1h, bow, xbow? and which is better for boss and aoe?
Edited by LordEmCee#1133 on 5/17/2012 6:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@ashes you can't use double bows

you can use 2 hizzies or 1 xbow and a quiver or 1 bow and a quiver
Reply Quote
First of all, thank you for making this thread.

Now, I have a couple of questions. I could only lvl my DH to 26 because of all the server maintenance and login issues, so now I'll only have time to play during the weekend.

When the servers launched for the 1st time I played with a group (barb, monk, wizard and DH - me) and I had no problem to survive up until the middle of act 1, when the monk and wizard went to sleep and only the barb was left.
It got a bit tricker there but I managed to survive. Now onto act 2 those wasp-like things were really a PITA, not to mention those invisible serpent guys.

But it was act 3(only got to do the 1st quest) that shocked me. Mobs there were really kicking my !@#, not to mention that if the barb went ahead a little bit I'd have to vault to catch up or I'd die.

I had something like 300-400 dex, no vit+ gear and my build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#acYdST!bY!aZZ..a

So, I'm thinking first I should get some vit+, but should I swap rapid fire for multishot-fire at will and the spike trap for preparation?

Also, I never got to try it but does preparation-punishment restore your discipline, too?

Sorry for the long post.
Reply Quote
at lvl 48 shes look like a Demon or Demonhunter :D
Reply Quote
Mmmhmm thanks for making this thread too btw; I know you're busy plowing inferno so whenever you can test my questions is fine ^^

What do you think of bitter pill bola? (the one that has 15% chance to regen 2 disc)
Reply Quote
62 Undead Warrior
05/17/2012 06:42 AMPosted by Valgrind
Also, I never got to try it but does preparation-punishment restore your discipline, too?

Punishment uses 25 discipline to restore all hatred at no cool down. So as long as you have disc to spare you can fill up your hatred.

Frankly I think this rune is a bit over the top... To be useful you have to always let your discipline recover so you can pop it again which means using discipline skills is highly inefficient. Very glass cannon, fans of cluster arrow and multi-shot will love it though.
Reply Quote
Sorry everyone it's hard to keep up to date with responses. Been so busy with inferno :(. Just got into act 3. I'll try to look at this when I've got time.
Reply Quote
05/17/2012 10:57 PMPosted by Dog
Sorry everyone it's hard to keep up to date with responses. Been so busy with inferno :(. Just got into act 3. I'll try to look at this when I've got time.

And they thought it would take months for someone to make it through inferno... Keep up the good work!
Reply Quote
guys i feel DH is abit too under power and weak compare to other class,i find it easy to die n dps not that good.what u guys think?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
So, my group has brickwalled on Act II Inferno and it seems like you have had a lot of success in clearing it relatively easily. These questions have more to do with your general comps and strats as opposed to your DH build though, since we seem to be running nearly identical builds.

For reference, we are running barb, wiz, wd, dh. Our gear level is pretty decent. We wiped a few times to the Butcher's enrage but it wasn't too bad once we realized how much time we actually had.

How have you dealt with the large ramp-up in difficulty in regular trash minions? Our barb tank is in amazing gear for Act I. He hardly ever dips below 90% on the Butcher, but is getting demolished in 3 shots or less to the minions just outside the city in Act II. I've had limited success with the Guardian Turret because of it's small area of effect. Uptime on Stun Grenades seems to be sub-optimal and too random to be really effective unless paired with two other forms of cc. I've yet to try Caltrops with the passive skill for 25% DR mainly because it seems like it'd be too difficult to keep up for very long to be worthwhile at all.
Reply Quote
Congrats. 60? Wow, I think I got to act II too quickly. I'm only a level 18, and dying every time I try to cross the sands on the first part of act II. How does one get to level 60 on Act 1? I'd visited and thoroughly cleared each level twice before proceeding. And now I can't teleport back to any location in act 1. Did you repeat the locations several times? perhaps I'm missing some quests by not chatting with more of the townsfolk.

Again congrats.
Reply Quote
Congrats. 60? Wow, I think I got to act II too quickly. I'm only a level 18, and dying every time I try to cross the sands on the first part of act II. How does one get to level 60 on Act 1? I'd visited and thoroughly cleared each level twice before proceeding. And now I can't teleport back to any location in act 1. Did you repeat the locations several times? perhaps I'm missing some quests by not chatting with more of the townsfolk.

Again congrats.

"How does one get to level 60 on Act 1?"

There are 4 levels of Act 1. Normal, Nightmare, Hell, and Inferno. You should be around lvl 30-35 by the time you finish Act 4 on normal.
Reply Quote
[quote]
There are 4 levels of Act 1. Normal, Nightmare, Hell, and Inferno. You should be around lvl 30-35 by the time you finish Act 4 on normal.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
I am about to hit 60 myself, and I have been soloing Hell difficulty with basically no problems (except the occasional boss fight, the Siegebreaker guy in Act III seems to just straight up ignore my Templar).

Here is the build I am using:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRZXdT!aYe!bccaYZ

I am using a Hand Crossbow, so I take Archery. When I use a 2-Hand Crossbow or Bow, I take Sharpshooter instead of Archery. Nether Tentacles is just amazing.
Reply Quote
Hey guys... really sorry I've neglected everyone. I was attempting inferno diablo non stop for a long time haha. I finally beat it!!! I guess that's first NA lol. It was so hard... ugh.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5235705122#1\

edit: I'll try to answer all the old questions asap. I need a bit of a break... my adrenaline is off the charts.
Edited by Dog#1848 on 5/19/2012 1:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]