Diablo® III

[GUIDE] How to defeat Belial.

I haven't checked this forum in awhile sorry guys! But yes offer still stands I will Co-Op if your still having difficulty's after the Tips.
Reply Quote
I finally killed him as a L25 Monk - took several tries, even after reading this discussion. 500ms ping has been killing me today (from Australia).

One critical thing that helped, that I haven't seen mentioned here, was to bind the middle mouse button to "move" - that meant when the green swirls started coming, I could move out of the way without accidentally clicking on part of Belial instead.
Reply Quote
would appreciate help if you can
Reply Quote
I'm sorry if I am wrong but did you die to him that many times on normal? I played a Monk and did not die once in the entire game on normal.
Reply Quote
Good information.

It worked for me after I bound the Move key, I kept dying due to hitting him rather then move like I wanted to.

Once I did that I killed him and was still at full health, thanks to being able to move to non green areas and to health globes at will.
Reply Quote
05/20/2012 08:10 AMPosted by MaxR
I'm sorry if I am wrong but did you die to him that many times on normal? I played a Monk and did not die once in the entire game on normal.

Honestly I'm probably over exaggerating but yes, I did die to him a few times on normal mode on my first run through the first night the game came out. Maybe your just to amazing but I had no Vitality and any hit he did I would drop.
So it was my error and since then none of the bosses have been able to kill me :)
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
Not sure which follower you used but I'd recommend a ranged one and skipping the templar. He great paired with the wizard for the rest of the game but not for this fight.
Reply Quote
05/20/2012 05:11 PMPosted by Tiburon
Not sure which follower you used but I'd recommend a ranged one and skipping the templar. He great paired with the wizard for the rest of the game but not for this fight.

I didn't start using a follower until the end of Act 3. But using one wouldn't hurt!
Reply Quote
Hey guys,
I need help with defeating Belial :((. I am a DH lvl 22. I am n00b. Please help me if you can. Thankyou!
Reply Quote
Took me about 8 tries. Im scared to do it at HC.
Reply Quote
I defeated Belial as a level 25 wizard.

The first phase is easy. Dodge the spells he throws at you and kill his summons.

The skills I used for the second phase were,
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#acQRfh!bX!aa..aa
with a Templar companion healing me.

Fairly easy fight for me like this; keeping hydras up while dodging his various attacks and throwing an arcane orb or two if I had the chance to stop for a second. The hydras keep constant damage on him while you're constantly moving. And the Templar never seemed to take too much damage and was smacking his feet the entire fight. Went down pretty quick.

Good luck!
Reply Quote
If you run around perfectly and avoid those green circles before he smashes you, you will leave the fight unscathed
Reply Quote
Edit: Removed post.
Edited by Mattinator#1739 on 6/2/2012 11:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I am playing with Monk and just finished Act 2. I was reading the forums and thought defeating belial would be more difficult. It took some patience though. The strategy was to run around and dodge the poison bombs while collecting health whenever available. I summoned a mystic ally and had a follower (enchantress). So they did most of the damage. I only tried to hit belial when in full health. Used the teleport kick (forgot its name) instead of running towards belial, hit him a few times with my standard attack and started running again. My life was ~1250 and on a few occassions I thought I was dead. Its best to try and keep your life above 50%.
Reply Quote
05/19/2012 12:42 AMPosted by Vulcanys
As a DH it's pretty easy. Only dies once when he blows up the platform with the green bomb stuff. Got the hang of it though. Got credit for the Untouchable achieve (Kill him without taking dmg)

Could you please post what skills you were using?
Reply Quote
Hi,

I just Soloed Belial as a Witch Doctor , dying about 5 times in the process.My strategy was to let my pets and follower do the job of hitting and i did the running.Belial will only atack you so your minions can chew on him(a WD at lvl 26 took about 10mins of running and ocasioanlly casting Acid Cloud and some Fire Bombs)
As for the K.O. move of poison death, Silverprime is right.The safest place is on the left side, outer edge.The poison bombs have a circular pattern when exploding so runing back and forth will keep you safe.Belial will also cast Health Globes and you will need them.As for stacking up on healing potions, i can say that i have forgotten mine, so i only used the globes that fell on the ground. I would post my stats, but as of this message, it seems that battle.net is Temporary Outage(Error 75). Goog luck and Pew..peww
Reply Quote
Idk why your trollin me or my thread kid.
Your so called proof is bull I don't have the Diablo map you supposedly sold me.

Screenshot:
http://oi48.tinypic.com/9qv3ux.jpg
No Act 4 see?

Unlike you I don't charge for my service I help people for free I'm no scammer.
I don't appreciate you trolling me.
Edited by Silverprime#1602 on 5/23/2012 11:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
YO Onelife what the heck are you talking about??? Silverprime just helped me run Belial like 5 mins ago, he is NOT A SCAMMER! and actually a rally nice guy. so why dont you get off the Diablo 3 forum and stick to SC.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]