Diablo® III

jumping back to desktop

90 Human Warlock
Exact same problem here, too. I'm on a Sony VAIO laptop. Are all others having the issue on Sony's, or are some other manufacturers laptops doing the same thing? Just trying to start narrowing things down.

Here's what I have running:

Sony VAIO background out-of-the-box applications
Trend Micro Antivirus
Intel HD3000 graphics card drivers.
Reply Quote
same here, I'm posting to let Blizzard know.
Reply Quote
iv just got it since the last patch -.-
Reply Quote
I started playing D3 Friday, and this exact problem started for me yesterday (Monday).

And before I get any questions: I just got a brand new gaming PC and the specs are good enough, trust me. Considering the PC is under a week old, I seriously doubt that this is caused by malware.
Reply Quote
I too have this issue and it seems to happen more often in a boss fight. Which really really sucks. LOL. I can always ALT tab back to the game but by then I'm dead. I thought it was because of some combination of keys I was hitting but I don't think so.
Reply Quote
I have the same problem, but it seems to be when my game is at the most intense moments and I am clicking away with the mouse using multiple button presses that the game goes to the desktop and shows a white window not full screen with a gray bar through it and the words Diablo III in the gray bar. I can click this and then it goes completely to the desktop no windows showing but the status bar has the Diablo III icon in it, when I click on this it takes me back to the game. During this entire time I am out of the game itself, I hear the sounds of the game and usually my death within the game before I can return to remedy the problem.
This sucks as some have said it happens mostly at the most intense mouse usage times and is very annoying as it makes killing elites hard when you cant stay in the fight.
I hope this gets fixed soon I am almost into Hell mode.
Reply Quote
What i'm guessing is the intel hd graphics problem, I noticed almost everytime I jump out, I will see the Intel HD Graphics icon appearing at the Notification area (Bottom right)

I don't jump that frequently, however when it does, it is quite annoying and death awaits me
Reply Quote
MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN THE HELL!! it just happened to me in a serious battle in HARDCORE.. and once I got back my character was dead.. DAFUQ IS THIS?!
Reply Quote
Is there a solution to this, I've tried everything suggested and the game keeps switching to desktop every 20-30 secs it's unplayable!!!!
Reply Quote
7 Worgen Warrior
it does it on wow to
Reply Quote
This problem started for me yesterday too, i have HP Pavillion laptop with AMD Mobility Radeon 4200 for battery usage and AMD HD Radeon 5670 1gb DDR3 when not on battery. (1 year old) My laptop can run D3 on full settings easily otherwise and it has Windows 7 64-bit home edition. I get thrown back into the desktop every 1-5 minutes and this is really annoying because its not only in Diablo 3 but also happens to me equally in World of Tanks...ANYONE HAVE ANY ANSWERS TO THIS PROBLEM PLEASE?
Reply Quote
Just started happening to me with the last patch/update. Does not happen with any other programs for me either. Probably happens every 30 minutes or so, but no fixed timeline. Have ATI graphics, not intel like someone questioned
Edited by Divlish#1591 on 9/8/2012 4:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
After I log in it will bump me back to the desktop twice within about 3 min after I log in. It does this every time I log into Diablo 3. Nothing else is running in the back ground.
Reply Quote
I still have a hunch that some other program is taking priority. Do you have any communications programs, like Skype, something for VOIP, etc.?
When you are not playing a game, do you get notifications regularly (in the form of popup windows or balloons from the system tray)?

Quitting out of Skype completely fixed it for me. Now I gotta setup Skype to be less intrusive and behave itself.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Rogue
Exact same problem, but it is happening if I am entering a google search (say) or playing WoW, I will have to reengage the window to get it to work, and it happens almost every minute or 2.
Reply Quote
I have changed the Display options to WINDOWED (FULLSCREEN) and now I don't get this issue anymore and the game is running perfectly. This isn't a fix, but a work around which seems to work for my computer- hope it helps with others as this is an extremely annoying problem!
Reply Quote
i have same problem even i reformat my computer still doing it
Reply Quote
1 Orc Shaman
Thanks, the windowed fullscreen mode fixed it for me
Reply Quote
hy guys,

I found a solution in my case. It turned out the actual problem were some leftover from an old driver, and it was unnoticeable without a driversweeper. I used this free one : http://www.guru3d.com/content_page/guru3d_driver_sweeper.html

This seems a real solution, cause the window(fullscreen) option needs obviously much more resources, and with a weaker gpu that can be still unplayable.

Good luck:)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]