Diablo® III

Barbarian the easiest class?

I died on Butcher a couple times, hardly got to half health in act 2. Once I picked up whirlwind its almost like cheating! I'm only on normal, never played d1 or d2 so I didn't wanna start off too crazy... But so far my only disappointment (besides servers) is how easy it hasbeen. Should I keep pushing on because the difficulty picks up or swap classes?
Reply Quote
You shouldn't have even died in act 1.
Reply Quote
You will meet difficulties when you reach Hell, as I am playing in Hell right now, I have to kite all the time whenever facing some elite mobs. My level is 51 and I am using frenzy + Slam. Frenzy for permanent bash and slam for crowd control.
Reply Quote
im sure every class has moments when they are particularly strong.

Aslo barbs are item dependent, so if you have good items for the level, or paid for items on the AH, you will experience an inherently easier game.

Every character is item dependent.
Reply Quote
^^ What he said
Edited by Ockham#1498 on 5/16/2012 11:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I found Act 1 to be a pushover. Act 2 started really easy but my Barb seemed to get weak half way through it and I had a lot of trouble until Azmodan who turned out to be easy. Act 3 and 4 were no problem because I bought a bunch of items from the Blacksmith. Honestly, if you set urself up with items that = your level you should be entirely fine. I think that's what happened to me in Act 2. I fell behind on items, that's all.
Reply Quote
SaintBio is spot on r.e equipping equal to your current level. I made 2 Journey Man Heavy Axes once I hit level 13 and could smash most enemies quite easily. Looking forward to dual weilding some legendary stuff!
Reply Quote
i predict the OP's learning curve is about to get steeper the longer he plays this.
Reply Quote
Stop with the "barbs are item dependent" stuff. Every class is item dependent in this game.
Reply Quote
I am at the beginning of Act 2 Normal and I've died like 30 times thus far. One time I even got all my equipment broken running around naked punching mob. Being a barbarian is hard! :D
Reply Quote
I hate whirlwind. So little damage.
Reply Quote
Not the easieas on Hell, champion packs are literally *%!*## me apart.
Reply Quote
Well I can tell you, in normal difficulty you should be able to get through without dying on most of the classes. Though once you get to Nightmare being a barb sucks for whole new reasons.

Including but not limited to, champion and rare monster packs who with their combined skill have the ability to 2 shot you, exploding monsters that as a barb you must get close to in order to kill, and then attempt to kill them before detonation.

Trust me, keep playing as the barb (if you enjoy it) and you shall see. :)
Reply Quote
thanks guys! i really enjoy barb so far, gonna go smash up act3 now :P really appreciate the feedback
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
05/16/2012 11:12 PMPosted by Hindsight
You shouldn't have even died in act 1.

I stacked magic finder gear to 70%...i died a lot but damn do I have crazy amounts of BS mats.
Reply Quote
as an addendum, I've kept very up to date with gear and my blacksmithing. also had to run several dungeons multiple times due to disconnects, which kept me pretty loaded for a while. loading up on +vitality/armor/strength

also, using cleave/whirlwind/groundstomp/revenge/weapon throw/earthquake, with nerves of steel and pound of flesh as passive skills.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Yeah every class is dependent on items... But some are more than others. I'm a lvl 37 barb and only do 450 dps with 2 1handers I have good self healing and I'm unable to solo nightmare without constantly switching spec's depending on the champion/unique mob. This is extremely annoying. My only advice is unless you're a barb pro.. or melee pro(Which I am not) . Dont roll barb!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]