Diablo® III

Is NM+ actually more "difficult"

I'm curious to know if these difficulties after normal actually acquire more skill than normal, or is it just a grind for better gear for it to continue to be a mindless hack and slash?
Reply Quote
can anyone shed some insight?
Reply Quote
yes.
Reply Quote
The mobs get harder to kill and the rares do more special attacks.
Reply Quote
You should actually play to find out lol

Let me know how Act II goes in Nightmare.

But to answer your question: yes.
Reply Quote
It gets a little ridiculous in hell, honestly. You'll need your cooldowns to take down elites every time.
Reply Quote
The monster's damage goes up by a lot, and rare monsters begin to have more than one magical property, and new magical properties appear as well.
Reply Quote
View profile
pretty hard...

Im in NM pushing level 40 and playing with friends... we have had a fair share of /facerolled moments.
Reply Quote
10 or so levels in nightmare are a !@#$% to do. After that it's just common sense you get used to the overpowered mobs but let me tell you. Nightmare Belial will make you wan't to kill a small animal.
Reply Quote
It requires situational awareness and a finger on your defensive cooldowns and potion button.
Reply Quote
you need strategies and have to think before jumping into a pack of monsters
Reply Quote
05/17/2012 03:22 PMPosted by Speilz
I'm curious to know if these difficulties after normal actually acquire more skill than normal, or is it just a grind for better gear for it to continue to be a mindless hack and slash?

Yes. You have to move around, know what enemies are casting, and adjust your playstyle or you'll fail. Normal just requires you have a pulse and use AoE's while ignoring placement and enemy effects.

Nightmare is when the game really begins.
Edited by Fearpoint#1182 on 5/17/2012 7:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Wait until you get a Plague + Arcane Enchanted champion pack in A1 NM... those pissed me off... try to run away from the Arcane beam & run into a plague pool...
Reply Quote
05/17/2012 07:21 PMPosted by ShiftySpiers
10 or so levels in nightmare are a !@#$% to do. After that it's just common sense you get used to the overpowered mobs but let me tell you. Nightmare Belial will make you wan't to kill a small animal.

oh god i'm almost there, he killed me a few times in normal... not looking forward to this...
Reply Quote
How about the bosses, do they the acquire any new abilities than in normal?

Edit: I think I may have given the wrong impression on my question. I'm not saying I believe it's going to be a mindless hack and slash. I'm asking if the "skill" acquired for these ladder difficulties isn't actually skill at all, just good gear due to farming.
Edited by Speilz#1962 on 5/17/2012 7:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I never died all the way up to around the end of act3 nm. Then I started dying, some of those rare packs are pretty tough, you have to make sure you are upgrading yuor gear all the time.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
The game is designed so that the complexity increases incrementally with each difficulty setting. It's not just about getting better gear and seeing bigger numbers. ;)
Reply Quote
05/17/2012 07:25 PMPosted by Zarhym
The game is designed so that the complexity increases incrementally with each difficulty setting. It's not just about getting better gear and seeing bigger numbers. ;)

You mean it isn't wow? Blasphemy!!!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
yes sir. i can say in normal on my barb i got though it easy mode on nightmare i noticed hey i cant leap into this group and trololololool anymore lmao in other words i had to be a little more careful theres still some parts you can faceroll but when you see elite packs etc just be more on your guard cause thay will kill you fast and then have a nice bowl of fruit loops after wards
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
05/17/2012 07:25 PMPosted by Zarhym

Does your definition of "increased complexity" involve slogging through lagging Hell servers?

Normal and Nightmare do not have this problem.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]