Diablo® III

FPS SOLUTION

I've been reading through a ton of threads on here and tried nearly everything to make things work on my Alienware M11x laptop R3 and finally found what worked for my computer. It seems my CPU is not working at full capacity when playing the game so, following advice I found in another forum, I downloaded Throttleshop to stop my CPU throttling.

Sure, enough, my computer wasn't using even half its full CPU capacity, so I set the multiplier in throttleshop to 20 and boom, 0 lag online with another player. My game was finally run at the high settings it should at 50-60 fps at almost all times.

So for anyone having problems with a dual-core or i3,5,7 CPU, try throttleshop and change the "set multiplier" option until your CPU is using its true capacity. Click turn on to make the program work and hopefully things work out for you too.
Edited by CockneyThug#1733 on 5/17/2012 3:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Here's the link if anyone wants it
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Benchmarks/ThrottleStop.shtml
Reply Quote
Anyone test this yes?
Reply Quote
hmm i might try it. if anyone else tests it lemme know :P
Reply Quote
I feel like gamebooster tries to do the same thing also if you want an alternative, I'm not sure if any one has tried it for D3 yet
Reply Quote
since gamebooster is pretty popular and CNET seems to recommend it, I'm gonna try it out.

http://download.cnet.com/Game-Booster/3000-18512_4-10913645.html
Reply Quote
I can't use throttlestop? CPU not supported.. WTF?
Reply Quote
This DEF works... both of them. I have a core i-5 with the Intel HD 3000 integrated graphics card. I'm not hitting 60fps, but staying steady at about 40 on 800x600, and 30 at 1280x720.... and I wouldn't be surprised that once D3 gets patched up a bit this'll improve.

But most important - there is next to ZERO stuttering! Maybe .2 sec stutters when in the dead middle of a battle... but it feels and acts more like traditional lag when your proc is trying to do a ton of stuff.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Welp, that was my issue. This fixed it, thanks!
Reply Quote
Hmmm, definitely wanna test this out later.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
This only for laptops?
Reply Quote
I used both ThrottleStop and GameBooster unsuccessfully... :(
Glad it's working for some, though!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]