Diablo® III

Crashing when pressing play from Launcher

90 Gnome Mage
Hey there,

I was hoping someone could help me get past this problem. Not really sure what to do as the crash happens as I try opening the game from the Launcher.

Simply put, I open Diablo 3, Launcher opens fine. I press play (everything is fully downloaded and up-to-date), and then I get a crash as it tries to open the actual game.

Any help appreciated!

Reference if Blizzard techs check this out: F1320DB1-B71B-4B93-9F73-7BC61F6D9958
Reply Quote
Did you get any error code? If you did then please post it here.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
No error code unfortunately or else I would be all over that. I simply get a popup box that says:

"The application encountered an unexpected error. To help us identify the problem, please describe what you were doing when the error occurred."

It then gives me the Report ID, and an option to Reopen or Close.

:-(
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I've also tried a number of the solutions given on their support article.

My next step if I don't get a response soon is going to be a reinstall (which I want to avoid if there's an easy fix).
Reply Quote
Found a fix that might help you guys.
I have the GTX 295 and couldn't get it to play. As soon as I hit the play button I would get appcrash. I tried all kinds of things but it turned out to be the precision tool I had installed for my card. Turn that off and it loaded like a charm.

If you have precision installed for your card turn it off.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I just gave up last night and today it was working again.

Thanks though :-)
Reply Quote
Same here, No error, just a message exaclty the same.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
I'm having the same problem. I have no clue what precision tool is, so I'm gonna say that means I do not have it installed. I crash as soon as the game screen attempts to load from the launcher. If there is a code, I don't see it because the entire system crashes....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]