Diablo® III

Judge my build. Put a lot of thought into it.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#RZXdTg!beY!bbZaZa

Level 38
Let me explain: This is a very damage/Hatred heavy build but it does work out.

The Companion and Shadow Power are used to regen Hatred really fast.

The Vault and Smokescreen are used to get around really quickly and out of tough situations.

This build works with two 1H Crossbows, as you will be firing very fast/damaging.

Kinda unique build only because the primary attack also requires hatred -
As you can see Elemental Arrow (Screeming Skull) requires hatred, but a very low amount to the point where it is highly effective and you maintain your hatred consistently.

This provides them to fear (having additional damage as they have to walk away and then back to you)

Along that your second shot you interchange with Impale (over penetration)
This will swiftly do a high amount of damange.

There you go. I am in nightmare Act 2, its been working out really well for me because i can move around extremely quickly, deal a TON of damage and keep the hatred consistent.

Tell me what you guys think?
Edited by ShadowX#1822 on 5/18/2012 2:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
It's a bit redundant IMO to get both Vault and Smoke Screen.
Shadow Power isn't appealing to me as it implies that I got hit and 12 Hatred over 3 second isn't appealing either.

I go for http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aZXVhQ!feY!aZZZba
since I'm 38 in Act 3 Nightmare and can kite the !@#$ out of everything.
Fan of Knives could be traded in for Caltrops for more kiting power.
Edited by Creepercat#1809 on 5/18/2012 3:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@creppercat, hey im lvl 35 Demon Hunter i need alot of advice and help setting up with stats if you would be able to help me out sometime and see if my gear and setup is good that would be great. Add my BT- Baphomet#1361
Reply Quote
Struggling through nightmare. Not sure what stats to use most. Like example should i focus more on vitality, intel, strength etc etc.
Reply Quote

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss that, though without solid disc source, it might be an overkill.

Shadow Power isn't appealing to me as it implies that I got hit and 12 Hatred over 3 second isn't appealing either.

Unless you base your build on being smoked all the time, you will get hit every once in a while. Though I'm not a fan of SP myself.

Where it not for the last thing, I like OP's build. I'd switch SP for some form of Preparation or Caltrops. Other than that - I like the idea of elemental arrow with screaming skull as your main attack. I would rather use Impale with Impact for the stun, since you've already got AoE from the EA but Overpenetration has it's merit too. Instead of the pitiful dmg bonus from Action Shot on Vault, I'd choose either rattling roll or tumble.
Edited by Jankov#2620 on 5/18/2012 3:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Smoke Screen breaks CC like Freeze/Jail. In Hell/Inferno when elites have 3 and 4 abilities respectively, both are practially mandatory (e.g. Jailer/Desceration/Freeze/Arcane on 3 mobs at a time and you'll be wishing you had both).
Reply Quote
Struggling through nightmare. Not sure what stats to use most. Like example should i focus more on vitality, intel, strength etc etc.

I'd say that's something up to you. If you find yourself dying more often or taking more damage than you'd like, add more vitality. If you're fine with everything else, then get some more damage.
Reply Quote
4 abilities that use disc, and no prep. Don't really like that, you won't survive very long that way.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
05/18/2012 03:24 AMPosted by Baphomet
hey im lvl 35 Demon Hunter i need alot of advice and help setting up with stats if you would be able to help me out sometime and see if my gear and setup is good that would be great. Add my BT- Baphomet#1361

Healthy balance between Vit and Dex is what you should have. If you're soloing, a little more vitality is needed then when you're grouping with friends.

05/18/2012 04:58 AMPosted by Lava
Smoke Screen breaks CC like Freeze/Jail. In Hell/Inferno when elites have 3 and 4 abilities respectively, both are practially mandatory (e.g. Jailer/Desceration/Freeze/Arcane on 3 mobs at a time and you'll be wishing you had both).

We're talking about Nightmare here. Nightmare isn't hard to a point where I need both.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]