Diablo® III

Inner Sanctuary Discussion

I've noticed that this skill really doesn't get talked about much and kinda wondered why so I figured I'd try and see what other people thought about it as well as share my own thoughts.

Inner Sanctuary (22)
Cost: 30 Spirit
Cooldown: 20 seconds

Create a runic circle of protection on the ground for 5 seconds that cannot be passed by enemies.

Runes

Safe Haven (26)
You and your allies standing in the area of effect of Inner Sanctuary regenerate 1550 Life per second.

Sanctified Ground (31)
When Inner Sanctuary expires, it becomes sanctified ground for 6 seconds, slowing the movement of all enemies that move through it by 60%

Consecration (37)
Increases the duration of Inner Sanctuary to 7 seconds.

Circle of Protection (43)
You and your allies standing in the area of effect of Inner Sanctuary take 35% less damage.

Forbidden Palace (58)
You and your allies standing in the area of effect of Inner Sanctuary deal 10% additional damage.

My Thoughts

Ok. Originally, I thought this skill would be really awesome. Getting 5 seconds of protection for everyone in the area would be so badass. Then add in a heal to boot? Hell yes! This was not my experience however.

First off, the circle is too small. Even melee mobs can still hit you unless their an imp, fallen, or another small class melee mob. This makes it almost pointless to use. And when you consider how much of the game is in open areas and not small hallways or areas with narrow doorways, even blocking doors with it to escape is very situational and not a good enough reason to take up a slot on my bar.

This leaves me to believe that the only, and best use of this skill, is for the damage increase or damage reduction on fights in which there is minimal moving required.

Anyone else have any other thoughts? Maybe a use I haven't thought of in my sleep deprived journey to 60?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
I found it has interesting synergy with Cyclone. It fears people that touch the circle, rather than preventing them from entering. This lets you dash in, Cyclone, then drop IS for an AoE fear.

You can add in blind beforehand to add even more CC, or you can continue to spam Cyclone after you drop it to chain fears, Spirit allowing. I could see EotS or Implosion Cyclone working well for this.

I do agree the circle could be bigger, but I also want to see if it has any uses in PvP.
Reply Quote
^Thats a good strat, never thought of that.

Maybe for bosses that charge at you, it'd break the line of charge..? Might be useful for certain bosses.
Reply Quote
I found it has interesting synergy with Cyclone. It fears people that touch the circle, rather than preventing them from entering. This lets you dash in, Cyclone, then drop IS for an AoE fear.

You can add in blind beforehand to add even more CC, or you can continue to spam Cyclone after you drop it to chain fears, Spirit allowing. I could see EotS or Implosion Cyclone working well for this.

I do agree the circle could be bigger, but I also want to see if it has any uses in PvP.

That is a good strat. I'm gonna have to test that out and see how well it works!
Reply Quote
interesting. I was wondering how am I gonna utilize that skill
Reply Quote
So after some testing, you can't cyclone mobs back into the IS... because they stop at the edge lol. I've also found that if I Blind then fear, the fear overwrites the blind, and vice versa. It also doesn't stop enemies from charging either.

As for PvP application... we'll just have to wait and see.

All in all, plenty of better skills to use, and that's disappointing.
Reply Quote
I agree with the OP, I don't think the skill is worth taking up a slot. However I found use in act IV. I used it as an extra heal while my others cooled down.
Reply Quote
IMO a good dmg red cd vs waller+plague+molten - elites, when you are trapped.
It also applies an aoe-fear.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]