Diablo® III

Help with taking out ranged mobs?

Hey guys, I'm new to the Diablo genre but absolutely loving it. I beat the game yesterday afternoon and have been playing through Nightmare. It's awesome but I'm having a lot of trouble with ranged mobs, especially the elites. Anything with mortar, or archers, are just destroying me before I can do much damage. I've tried kiting them through doorways and and in big circles, which works but takes forever - but I feel like I'm missing something. Was wondering if anyone had some nice tips. Cheers!
Reply Quote
1 Troll Rogue
As a DH that just finished NM mode, i find that either impale with the stun rune just before the range attacks or screaming Arrow (from elemental Arrow) to fear them works really well in interrupting the spells or arrows from being fired. Using this in conjunction with Vault (usually with tumble) I could take down most range mobs, but they do suck.
Reply Quote
Oh awesome, good ideas. I'd been using SS+ball lightning to burn them while kiting and it was driving me nuts, I think I'll give those a try. If nothing else I can alternate, haha.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]