Diablo® III

Pet/AoE build for those interested

I've noticed that almost everyone has been bashing on zombie dogs and saying that soul harvest, spirit walk, and vision quest are all must haves. I have been utilizing and pet/Aoe slow build and have been doing pretty well. I'm only in nightmare so I don't know the viability of the build in inferno but I have been breezing through nightmare with it.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#bZYjkT!ZWd!aaaaZZ

I'm only level 36 so there are some of the runes I plan on changing but it's still been working pretty well. I keep the gargantuan and dogs up, as soon as enemies are spotted they charge off with the templar and aggro the enemies. As soon as they're engaged I drop a Grasp of the dead to hold them there then a Zombie wall to chew through them. If anything is still standing I launch a barrage of spiders to clear up the stragglers. I use confusion as a defense if anything gets through the wall, it charms them and sends them right back into the melee. I've never run OOM and hardly ever even get attacked.

I plan on switching the spiders to medusa and the dogs to the life leeching once I unlock those runes for more slow and added survivability but so far it's been working pretty well. It doesn't like teleporting enemies though. Also gearwise I haven't used the auction house at all, I've only been using items I've found in the game or crafted.
Edited by Morddeth#1718 on 5/19/2012 7:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
gagar is ok but dogs is still like papers even when i equip massive vitality and amor
Reply Quote
It's true that the dogs can't take many hits but the majority of the enemies are usually grouped up in the Grasp and zombie wall, with attacks spread out amongst your 6 guys and all the slows most enemies don't get off many attacks before being tore apart by the combined dps of everything. My dogs seem to only die when a big champion or elite scores a lucky 1-shot on them and even then the combined dogs always last longer the cool down to summon them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]