Diablo® III

Item value in this game is dumb

Seriously you can buy any blue item from vendors with 700 dps. Whats the use trying to farm legendarys when u can keep rejoining and exiting games to look for vendors who sell high dps items. Also whats the use of using intelligence when getting an item with more weapons dps does more dmg then intelligence based weapons. I mean when are you suppose to see a witch doctor with a 2 handed polearm.
Edited by LaraqueObama#1631 on 5/19/2012 2:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
05/19/2012 01:57 PMPosted by LaraqueObama
Seriously you can buy any blue item from vendors with 700 dps. Whats the use trying to farm legendarys when u can keep rejoining and exiting games to look for vendors who sell high dps items. Also whats the use of using intelligence when getting an item with more weapons dps does more dmg then intelligence based weapons. I mean when are you suppose to see a witch doctor with a 2 handed polearm.

I've never seen a vender with a weapon that high in DPS. I'm pretty sure the only ones which have a chance to do so are the event / rare finders you find out in the world, and then it's just a small chance. Yet even that is technically farming, as you need to clear the creeps and do the events to unlock them.

With that said, damage is the most important stat, and that's fine. However Intel is still very important; if a weapon has enough intel it will be better than some weapons which have higher damage.

Also, an important aspect is weapon speed. A witch-doctor running around with a 700 dps 2 hander is going to be doing less damage than a witch doctor running around with a 565 damage one hander and a 60-120 dps off-hand mojo because the one handed guy is going to cast his spells twice as fast.

In fact, weapon-speed is so good, that I feel it's the absolute best thing you can get. It doesn't matter if you're a bit light on damage if you manage to pick up an additional 50% weapon speed, because casting three spells to their two, or even two to their one, will net you much higher damage over all.
Edited by Umdt#1617 on 5/19/2012 2:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/19/2012 02:04 PMPosted by Hallinton

I've never seen a vender with a weapon that high in DPS. I'm pretty sure the only ones which have a chance to do so are the event / rare finders you find out in the world, and then it's just a small chance. Yet even that is technically farming, as you need to clear the creeps and do the events to unlock them.

With that said, damage is the most important stat, and that's fine. However Intel is still very important; if a weapon has enough intel it will be better than some weapons which have higher damage.

Also, an important aspect is weapon speed. A witch-doctor running around with a 700 dps 2 hander is going to be doing less damage than a witch doctor running around with a 565 damage one hander and a 60-120 dps off-hand mojo because the one handed guy is going to cast his spells twice as fast.

In fact, weapon-speed is so good, that I feel it's the absolute best thing you can get. It doesn't matter if you're a bit light on damage if you manage to pick up an additional 50% weapon speed, because casting three spells to their two, or even two to their one, will net you much higher damage over all.

ya weapon speed is good, but i was able to find my current weapon a 400+ dmg blu with attack speed from vendors. It takes away the usage of legendary items, when all the blue items do more dmg and are easy to get.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]