Diablo® III

Question about the black soulstone

So, everyone seems to be confused about how all the evils got trapped in the black soulstone in the first place. One thing I noticed was that the prime evil only had 3 heads when it should have had 7, if I'm not mistaken. Is it possible that Adria was lying all along about the evils being trapped in the soul stone just to trick you into helping her resurrect Diablo?
Reply Quote
Exactly what I've been saying here since yesterday. There are only 3 heads on Prime Evil Diablo, when Tathamet, the original Prime Evil, had 7.

I think Blizzard purposefully left out how the other evils got trapped in the Black Soulstone because of this fact.
Reply Quote
I think the prime evil has no reason to have 7 heads, the mayor evils (baal, mephisto and diablo) may be the reason why there are only one head and 3 mouths (I thought they were mouths, not heads)
Reply Quote
Exactly what I've been saying here since yesterday. There are only 3 heads on Prime Evil Diablo, when Tathamet, the original Prime Evil, had 7.

I think Blizzard purposefully left out how the other evils got trapped in the Black Soulstone because of this fact.

I do beleive Diablo might've wanted control, we saw 3 mouths (heads?) because that might have been as much as he could have handled... or allowed, maybe even only the two other that were on "his" side.

Relinquishing "control" he would have most likely released Tathamet. Though perhaps Diablo would lose himself in the great Tathamet.
Reply Quote
Relinquishing "control" he would have most likely released Tathamet. Though perhaps Diablo would lose himself in the great Tathamet.

Well, I have to say I doubt this. Unless this has been retconned and I'm unaware, the lore says that Tathamet, when he was defeated, broke apart and each of his heads became one of the evils. His body, however, became the foundation of the Burning Hells. Even with the seven souls of the evils united, you are still missing a MAJOR piece of the original evil. Diablo as we fight him is literally just the head(s) of the true Evil, nothing more. To actually recreate Tathamet, you would have to dissolve all the lesser demons and the Hells themselves back into one body, which Diablo clearly did not do in game. This, I am guessing, is the only reason we Nephalem are able to kill it/her/him at all. At least, this is how I understand it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]