Diablo® III

Any Weapon For Wizard?

Hello,

I have searched but can't find anything on this. Is there any real reason to use Staves or Wands? I have swords that have higher stats & use them for my wizard. Why would Blizzard allow Wizards to hold a Sword?, or atleast use it's states for spells.

Can anyone explain?

Thanks.
Reply Quote
so far ive never used staff or wands.
2 handed with the most DPS has been working so far
5.5k dps with magic weapon lvl 51 !
Reply Quote
some staves and wands (randomly!) can have wizard boosting stats, like extra mana. Most are exactly the same as a sword. My wizard has a 1h axe that has +35 or so int on it. The damage of the weapon seems to improve the damage of your spells, by the way, so you want a high dps weapon with int and maybe vit or health, and a socket for extra damage or something.
Reply Quote
I find this just wrong. I have a monk that hits with his fist, but uses a sword for the stats. Sorry, IMO that's stupid.

mj
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
At one point, my wizard was using a crossbow. Yep a crossbow because it was the best stats of the items I had. Personally, I like the variety of weapons I can use and that it's always changing. I am currently using a wand and a magic source offhand but that's because I found a blue off hand with 148+ dmg (at lvl 54).
Reply Quote
Well, I recall from D2 that there we're weapons that held class-specifict attributes, lie +1 Skeleton Rise for Necro or some...

Here at D3 i've fount staff and wands that (mostly all of them) increases maximun Mana (or magic power...)

I wander if there will be more usefull atts on later items... also wander if there will be armor sets.! (legacy dictates that...! cmon blizz.)
Reply Quote
you can find rare staves with pretty much the same dps as 2 handed weapons.
So you dont have to look retarded.

But currently, my wiz is using a flaming 2-handed samurai sword. And even though its a 2 handed sword it looks cool as hell on my wiz
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]