Diablo® III

Thinking about the wiz

Hey everybody. Ive been playing a monk since launch now, and while I enjoyed it, things just slowed down and my damage is... sub par at best. Im not armed to the teeth necissarily, but my stats are way above average for my level. As it is, I was going to run either a wizard or a barb alt for fun.

Question: Is the sorc a fun class, or does its luster taper off later as you need to pocket certain skills? Would demon hunter be a better choice?
Reply Quote
86 Troll Mage
My main character was a monk as well. And coincidently I have been working on two alts, a Barbarian and a Wizard. Both classes are a lot of fun, with some pretty cool flashy skills.

In the end it really depends if you prefer to get in the enemy's face and tear them apart. Or if you like to hang back and nuke things before they even get to you. Boss fights are pretty straight forwards for a barbarian, while with a wizard you'll need to play with some more hit and run tactics.

But as I said before it really depends on what you would rather do. I personally like my wizard a little bit more but they are both very good, fun, and viable characters.
Reply Quote
the general consensus is that monks are OP :D (at least till infernal) wiz requires alot of patience to play, whereas, monks waltz into a pack of mobs + blues/yellow and 6 seconds later they have to decide what loot to throw away to make room for that new yellow :D

if you are unhappy with a monk (as powerful as they are now) you definitely wont be happy with a wiz :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]