Diablo® III

Monk, Barb, DH clear HC Hell

Watching a video of them downing the act 4 boss, and you can notice that they take no damage from any of his attacks. The reason why? Because they have over 60k life, which is more than i've heard anyone really talking about with their progress in inferno. How did they achieve this and is it the key to doing well in inferno?

Link for reference, SPOILER WARNING
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNOu9lQ-bLI
Edited by Mandorake#1828 on 5/22/2012 2:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
..ppl complain that monk cant solo..not the fact we cant clear with good dps backing us up and bosses are easier than elite mobs and everyone decent knows that
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
@OP:

Stacking health was the key to surviving in D2. I don't see why it would be any different in D3. Having the most effective health possible at all times seems like a no brainer to me.

Stack Vit, % health, armor and resistances as high as you can. Until Inferno, damage just makes stuff die faster. If you can let any mob in the game beat on you all day without dying, then who cares how hard long it takes to kill them?

Enrage timers are the only reason to worry about this, and I don't think it'll be an issue - from what I've read, they're pretty silly long.
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 03:04 AMPosted by Cridhe
How's a monk suppose to heal all that HP with their skills healing for under 10K tops with 15 second cool downs?

You just hope you can generate enough spirit and spam your skill with transcendence i guess..if you dont get cced or just get hit so hard you just die faster than you can heal that is...which is probably the case
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 03:04 AMPosted by Cridhe
How's a monk suppose to heal all that HP with their skills healing for under 10K tops with 15 second cool downs?

%lifesteal is one way, +life per hit another. I'd be surprised if they weren't trying to stack those, also. Healing is just another form of effective health... the more healing, the better as well.

Or were you saying that you think they'd be better of with less health?

Rofl.
Reply Quote
@OP:

Stacking health was the key to surviving in D2. I don't see why it would be any different in D3. Having the most effective health possible at all times seems like a no brainer to me.

Stack Vit, % health, armor and resistances as high as you can. Until Inferno, damage just makes stuff die faster. If you can let any mob in the game beat on you all day without dying, then who cares how hard long it takes to kill them?

Enrage timers are the only reason to worry about this, and I don't think it'll be an issue - from what I've read, they're pretty silly long.

Fists of Thunder with Quickening for fast spirit generation + Trascendence + Spamming Mantra of Healing with Boon of Protection like a boss (no cd). Working for me in inferno with dual weapon (both with 510 dps).
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 03:14 AMPosted by Zanathos

%lifesteal is one way, +life per hit another. I'd be surprised if they weren't trying to stack those, also. Healing is just another form of effective health... the more healing, the better as well.

Or were you saying that you think they'd be better of with less health?

Rofl.

Less health if it means more mitigation. I prioritise resistance and armour over vit, because they both scale well with mantra of healing (less incoming dmg -> static HPS is worth more). Vit only scales with HPS with Boon of Protection, otherwise it just means you can survive longer during CC, which defence stats would do themselves anyway.

Priority should be DPS until you beat enrage timer (with focus on atk speed for spirit regen!) -> defence/resistances -> vit -> magic find.

Having twice as much DPS as needed, but dying to every other champ, won't work. Even using these priorities, act 2 will give you a spanking.
Reply Quote

Less health if it means more mitigation. I prioritise resistance and armour over vit, because they both scale well with mantra of healing (less incoming dmg -> static HPS is worth more). Vit only scales with HPS with Boon of Protection, otherwise it just means you can survive longer during CC, which defence stats would do themselves anyway.

Priority should be DPS until you beat enrage timer (with focus on atk speed for spirit regen!) -> defence/resistances -> vit -> magic find.

Having twice as much DPS as needed, but dying to every other champ, won't work. Even using these priorities, act 2 will give you a spanking.

We're talking about hardcore, not Inferno.

Ya know, were you only get to die once? Believe me, you'll want to prioritize anything that gives you a chance to live longer, even if it's just so you can run away.

No do overs there...
Reply Quote
I'm talking softcore zanathos not hardcore. The player was just an example of a different way of playing the monk and was wondering how we could relate it back to softcore inferno.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]