Diablo® III

Farming for Inferno

90 Undead Rogue
Just sharing a strat i have been trying for farming some gear to compete in inferno. My stats are weak:
30k hp
4.7k dps
40% MR

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#WYgXiQ!XUZ!ababYZ

Build will get extra dps out of spirit generator and blazing wraith while staying alive pretty easily going through cooldowns and using blind effectively. Keeping winds up and you'll generate enough spirit during fights for whatever you need. Resolve could be swapped out for a damage buff if you choose.

On hell difficulty I do the kill azmodan quest, running to him you usually find 1-3 rare/elite mob spawns, save all the chest, once you make it to him, teleport to town go back to the core of arreat and go backwards through the spire until you get 5 valor. Then you can go kill Azmodan, getting the chest along the way, usually get at least 2 rares and another 6-8 blues. Not counting rares you might find off elite mobs. When you kill Azmodan you get 2500 gold also and can finish the quest to get another 2500.

It takes all of 20 mins to do this, depending on which elites you get and even if you don't get the items you want you'll get enough gold to buy an upgrade in a short amount of time.

Hope this helps.
Edited by Rezi#1154 on 5/22/2012 4:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
Without Transcendence, don't even think about going to Hell act4 or Inferno.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
transcendence is not needed, there is more than enough healing. I never thought i would play without transcendence but, recently I have been preferring anything else as that 3k heal is not necessary in the grand scheme of things.
Reply Quote
Sorry for the noob question but what is "NV" and "5 valor"? I see this a lot, not sure what it means. Thank you!
Reply Quote
NV and '5 Valor' refer to a special buffing system for level 60 characters to help with finding rare items easier over the course of a run.

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Nephalem_Valor
Reply Quote
how is everyone getting 4.7k dps. I'm 50 and decently geared. I cant get over 2k. 16k health
Reply Quote
I actually raised my crit chance to 15-20% and trying to use a lot of abilities which are triggered by crits, still don't know how it will work out in inferno though.
Reply Quote
ah no wonder I haven't heard of it, not 60 yet. Thank you.
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 05:40 AMPosted by FrEaKaZoiD
how is everyone getting 4.7k dps. I'm 50 and decently geared. I cant get over 2k. 16k health

You wont break over that until post 55+. I dont think its possible with the weapons available to you. Unless you build complete glass-cannon (all dex gems, etc.) you may still not get close. Once you get to 55-60, then its much easier.
Edited by CajunAsian#1150 on 5/22/2012 5:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 05:45 AMPosted by Predelnik
I actually raised my crit chance to 15-20% and trying to use a lot of abilities which are triggered by crits, still don't know how it will work out in inferno though.

can you share what gears with crit you have? I think with the aspd of monk, crit build could be viable. my theory is shield in, attack with blind and stun then get out. rinse and repeat.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]