Diablo® III

Quickening -- Nerfed?

Did quickening just get nerfed during that maintenance period or is it just me?
Reply Quote
It is not just you.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
05/22/2012 04:57 AMPosted by GreyGoose

Rofl. It didn't get nerfed. It got fixed. The way it worked with Sweeping Wind was a bug. It's been fixed.
Reply Quote
Now feel the pain of us barbs after A1 inferno muahahaha
Reply Quote
Quickening bug wasn't even that useful in inferno anyways tbh
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
05/22/2012 04:59 AMPosted by Zanathos

Rofl. It didn't get nerfed. It got fixed. The way it worked with Sweeping Wind was a bug. It's been fixed.

It may have been a bug, but it was a bug that allowed one of the two broken melee classes to actually function in the ultra over tuned inferno.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
05/22/2012 05:17 AMPosted by Orda

It may have been a bug, but it was a bug that allowed one of the two broken melee classes to actually function in the ultra over tuned inferno.

No argument. But think about it. Without this, there would be about 2% of the monks in Inferno Act 2 that there are now. IF you were involved in the Beta, then you probably know that people not being able to make it past Act 2 is 'working as intended' as far as Blizzard is concerned....

What I'm afraid of is that because of this, Blizz won't make class changes that are probably needed for 6 months instead of 6 weeks... I've played WoW for too long not to know how they work...

On the brighter side, it looks like Wizzies got kicked in the teeth, too.
Reply Quote
What did it even do before? (I'm only lvl 40, so don't have Quickening yet)
Reply Quote
It really got nerfed? Glad I switched to another build already while in Inferno but it did get me to Level 60 pretty quick.
Reply Quote
YESSS

I play monk and didnt use the bug, thx for the fix
Reply Quote
Quickening is still really good.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
Wow I didn't even realize it worked like that, talk about broken. Glad they fixed it. (P.S. I play a Monk)

Better to get bugs like that ironed out instead of trying to balance the game around them.
Reply Quote
I don't know, I've used it, and my spirit gen is only slightly less.

I can't pull in a godly amount of mobs and cyclone/MoH:BoP them to death, but I still notice huge spirit generation going on.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Where is the changelog of them changes?
Reply Quote
I don't know, I've used it, and my spirit gen is only slightly less.

I can't pull in a godly amount of mobs and cyclone/MoH:BoP them to death, but I still notice huge spirit generation going on.

i wasn't using cyclone but i still see huge spirit regen on single targets

i don't see a difference?...
Reply Quote
I don't think it's nerfed! I get as much spirit regen as I did yesterday with Quickening and SW
Reply Quote
It now only procs from single target crits, and no longer from AoE. Before it was proccing from your Sweeping Wind and Mystic Ally (Air).

The way of the hundred fists one (15% chance for 15 spirit) is a very good substitute, check it out.
Edited by Enliven#1300 on 5/22/2012 9:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
here you go. even if its nerfed its still good i guess
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eks6cJopkk&feature=youtu.be
Edited by JinWhye#1570 on 5/22/2012 9:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I tried quickening yesterday for the first time and it's crap. If you have 2 monsters near you, you instantly die, even if you spam the shield like crazy. They hit for 30k, that shield is nothing, it goes right through it into your health just like that.

It's cool to see spirit being full all the time but that's it...
Edited by Hundert#2551 on 5/22/2012 9:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
They just had to nerf monks as if they don't suck enough compared to dh or wizard in inferno.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]