Diablo® III

Controlled Fury Achievement

So I saw that a few people around the interwebs was asking for tips on how to get this achievement done. I'll support the Barb community by sharing what I know about this achievement and tips for completing it.

The go-to advice for this one seems to be 'wait until you're level 55 so you unlock the Unforgiving passive, that enables Fury regeneration and doesn't allow Fury to degrade.

To that, I say balls! This is really quite easy to do at low levels. All you need is five minutes of your time, obviously, as the achievement requires you to fight with a full Fury gauge for five minutes and a lot of mobs.

Also note, hitting breakable containers such as coffins, tombstones, rock piles, rotting logs, stumps etc will contribute to your Fury gauge.

If you're a lowbie wanting to try this out, I recommend heading into the Weeping Hollow. Start at the bottom left (or right) work your way up the top, cross over to the other side, and start heading back down the other side.

Remember to just use your Fury generating abilities, and nothing that costs Fury to use. You will have approximately ten seconds when the last mob falls to start hitting something else before your gauge starts degrading, thus voiding the achievement and your hard work. As soon as you kill a mob, start looking for the next one, or a container to hit - there are plenty. When you reach the top, hold shift and whack some tombstones - whatever it takes to hit something that generates Fury within ten seconds.

Honestly, in The Weeping Hollow, you shouldn't have too much trouble with this. If it moves, smash it. Hell even if it doesn't move, smash that too. You're a Barbarian, it's how you roll.

Hope this helps someone looking for advice on this one.

Cheers!

Shiney.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I got this without even trying, and by accident recently.

I was fighting some harpies before Azmodan on Hell difficulty, they were Teleporter, Plague, and Vampuric. The only way I could even get 1 remotely close to killing one was pop my wrath and just blow one up and hope I get some stuns with my frenzy so they don't fly away or teleport. Finally I got them down, and got a shiny new worthless blue :/
Reply Quote
I got mine even more easy.

By using the passive skill "Unforgiving". First teleported to a place to get my 100 fury to hold than go back to town.
Wait wait wait I guess it was like 15minutes or even longer.
Than I read this and unlearned "Unforgiving" and there it "Controlled Fury Achievement"
Reply Quote
I got this on accident while elite farming in Act 2. It's a shame that i don't even have anything to spend my fury on.
Reply Quote
A silly glitch that needs to be fixed: I got this achievement by smacking one of those red-energy black diamond statues (in Zultan Kulle's archives) for 5 minutes. When smacked, they open up revealing a red glow, do not destruct, and generate fury for you. Just sit, with shift held, at one of those statues and 5 minutes later the achievement is yours... Easy peezy lemon squeezey
Reply Quote
I got mine even more easy.

By using the passive skill "Unforgiving". First teleported to a place to get my 100 fury to hold than go back to town.
Wait wait wait I guess it was like 15minutes or even longer.
Than I read this and unlearned "Unforgiving" and there it "Controlled Fury Achievement"

He clearly stated this was an alternative method to using "Unforgiving". Quite a few people on this forum dont know how to read... or spell properly, haha.
Edited by willythepimp#1977 on 5/29/2012 10:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/29/2012 10:08 AMPosted by Furthur
A silly glitch that needs to be fixed: I got this achievement by smacking one of those red-energy black diamond statues (in Zultan Kulle's archives) for 5 minutes. When smacked, they open up revealing a red glow, do not destruct, and generate fury for you. Just sit, with shift held, at one of those statues and 5 minutes later the achievement is yours... Easy peezy lemon squeezey

Hahaha, I wouldnt be surprised if that was something they patched eventually.
Reply Quote
05/29/2012 10:12 AMPosted by willythepimp
Hahaha, I wouldnt be surprised if that was something they patched eventually.

will def. get patched... don't think anybody realized this yet though....
Reply Quote
I earned mine by accident as well.

act IV normal, I was using a fury-less build, and I was spamming War Cry whenever it was up, and just kept running from mob pack to mob pack.

I'm guessing the unintentional trick that I was doing here was using War Cry (which generates 30 fury) right before the fury was about to start going down in between battles.
Reply Quote
I got this without even trying, and by accident recently.

This.
Reply Quote
this achievement is so bugged...

i went to whimsyshire (normal)

1. Try: No weapon and unforgiving. I ran around hitting adds for ~8 minutes -> nothing

2. Try: No weapon, no unforgiving. Pulled 3 rares/elite packs stood at one position hitting adds all the time with frenzy for another ~8minutes -> nothing

3. Try: Low level weapon, no unforgiving. I ran around hitting adds for ~8 minutes -> nothing

4. Try: Low level weapon and unforgiving. I ran around hitting adds for ~8 minutes -> nothing

5. Got sick of it went afk for some minutes , came back unlearned unforgiving and it popped up...
Reply Quote
I didn't even try since I don't have fury spender. And that's why I'm using Berserker Rage.
Reply Quote
I earned mine by accident as well.

act IV normal, I was using a fury-less build, and I was spamming War Cry whenever it was up, and just kept running from mob pack to mob pack.

I'm guessing the unintentional trick that I was doing here was using War Cry (which generates 30 fury) right before the fury was about to start going down in between battles.

This is how I got it, but on Nightmare. I was actually surprised when it popped up as I wasn't even attempting to earn it and was in between mobs.
Reply Quote
Equip unforgiving, go out and get 100 rage. Come back to town wait 5-10 min, unequip unforgiving.

When your rage hits about 93 you'll get it.
Reply Quote
Nightmare + 2 elite packs both with extra health = Achievement
Reply Quote
just did this at level 22, in the area before magda. found a 6.2 dps weapon, hit something, run, count to 5, hit again. there was a rare monster too which made it easy. after 15 minutes I gave up and then got the achieve after the fury started going down.
Reply Quote
You can do thie as early as level 10ish. Go back to the reign of the black king quest and select the royal tombs one. Try to find your way down stairs keeping your fury as high as possible, smashing everything naturally. When you reach Leroic's pillars just keep fighting the skeletons they summon but leave the pillars alone, use a single target skill like bash. Make sure to smash some pots during his monolouge to keep fury full. May not be practical for really, really high levels.

That vile farm event in the fields of misery could work too, just kill bats and leave the nests untouched.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
its easy. replace any ability that uses fury with a fury builder or CC
Reply Quote
And I got mine even easier!

I did this with (by that time) level 42 Barb, went to normal, took of any gear that hade thorns or could in any way harm mobs. After I had gathered 100% fury by hitting stuff I went to the first mob I could found. I then simply let it keep hitting for like 2-3 dmg once in a whiel for 5 min and not doing anything myself but watching TV meanwhiel waiting for those 5 minutes to pass. Problem?

Note: After 5 min had past I didn't recive the achievement so I walked away thinking it didn't work this way, but 10 seconds later I recived the achievement.

Enjoy!
Edited by IceBox#2106 on 6/27/2012 3:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]