Diablo® III

Agent Requires OSX Admin Login?

just to be clear this is the d3 launcher dot app or /Applications/Diablo III/Diablo III Launcher.app
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
What is the specific message? Is it saying Diablo III, Agent, or what is attempting to update?

Have we've tried to repair permissions for all things and see if this helps?

Repair Permissions via Disk Utility
    1. Navigate to /Applications/Utilities/ and open Disk Utility.
    2. Select the hard drive the game is installed on.
    3. Select the First Aid option.
    4. Click on the Repair Disk Permissions button.

Resetting permissions on the Diablo III folder
    1. Select the Diablo III folder
    2. Press Command + I
    3. In the Info box, go to the Sharing & Permissions section and click on the lock and unlock it, entering your admin password when prompted.
    4. Make sure you have Read & Write permissions
    5. Click on the Burst icon (cog wheel) and select Apply to enclosed items

And you are launching the game from the directory, like so: http://i50.tinypic.com/i1iftf.png ?
Reply Quote
I am having this issue as well.

Whenever I open either /Applications/Diablo III/Diablo III Launcher.app or /Applications/Diablo III/Diablo III.app I will be presented with the Diablo III Launcher and another box with a message that says "Agent wants to make changes. Type your password to allow this."

It does not matter if I enter my password and click OK, or if I simply click cancel. The box goes away and the launcher works fine.

I am the only Admin account on the computer and I have checked my permissions and have full Read & Write access.

Any ideas?

-=Edit=- Screenshots

http://tinypic.com/r/iw3e4x/6

http://tinypic.com/r/29m6ahi/6
Edited by Lunch#1801 on 6/23/2012 12:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I have also just tried what Machkhan suggested but it did not resolve the issue. Blizz please find a solution to this issue. Its rather annoying having to input the admins login info every time I launch the game.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I'm having this issue as well. I have to type my admin password every time I launch D3. I am launching directly from the D3 folder in applications (both the D3 and the D3 Launcher do this).

All of my permissions are fine and I have run repair permissions and restarted the Mac. I have also tried in another user (both users are admin) and get the same result.

It only does this on my i3 iMac, not on my i5 Mac Mini. Both are running Lion with ALL software up to date.

It doesn't matter whether I type in my admin password or click cancel; either way D3 lets me in after I clear that prompt.

Oddly enough, the same time this started happening WoW stopped working on the iMac as well (works on Mac Mini). If I use the World of Warcraft App it opens up the app on my dock but never loads the game (just get an application is not responding prompt when right clicking on it). If I use the World of Warcraft Launcher it does nothing.

Could these be related?

I have also already uninstalled and reinstalled D3 on the iMac and still the same issue.
Edited by Avaiam#1476 on 6/25/2012 7:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Solved for me

I've been looking at both of these issues that I mentioned above quite a bit over the last week and nothing worked until I did this:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1277

After following this Apple article and using Terminal my D3 application starts up w/out issue and WoW starts up again without issue (both the normal app and the launchers of both games).
Reply Quote
The Blizz post regarding setting permissions for my username and applying to enclosed items fixed it for me! This issue started after I migrated the Diablo 3 folder to my new Mac, and the folder had "everyone" has "read only". Thanks!
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
Machkhan

Doing this fixed my problem. Note that it started to happen to me after I transferred all of my software and settings from my old MBP to my new rMBP.
Edited by McGloin#1724 on 7/15/2012 5:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Doing this fixed my problem. Note that it started to happen to me after I transferred all of my software and settings from my old MBP to my new rMBP.

This tends to happen when doing migration assistant from an old Mac to a new Mac, or Time Machine Backup restores. It may be keeping the old permission setting for that machine only.
Reply Quote
I'm experiencing this problem since right after some updates done yesterday (2012 July 30).
I repaired disk permissions --> not solved
I made sure Diablo III directory and all subdirs have granted r/w permissions --> not solved

At odd with what other users have experienced here:

1- if I enter the password the launcher will be stuck on "initializing..."
2- if I press OK, the agent replies that the password is wrong.
3- if I press cancel, then the play button will be available.

I can't go much further into the game after option 3, since I'm unable to log in (probably because of servers maintenance).

Any clues?
Edited by Jena#1926 on 7/31/2012 6:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
i am currently having the same issues. i would just like to know why "Agent" would like permission and what "Agent" is doing.
Reply Quote
55 Draenei Death Knight
Yeah, I'm getting this problem too, but now i can't get D3 to play at all as the Blizzard Launcher freezes up now.
Reply Quote
55 Draenei Death Knight
I'm reinstalling the entire game if the launcher will let me
Reply Quote
I'm having this problem as well, it cropped up last night for the first time (although the launcher has been buggy from the start--reinitializing patches that have been already installed...); after entering the admin password and having the launcher freeze multiple times, I opted for the cancel route and was able to get in and play just fine. Very annoying to have this crop up on every launch.
Reply Quote
55 Draenei Death Knight
I'll let you all know if a re-install helps....8GBs to go :P
Reply Quote
Additional note; I tried the suggested fixes from Machkhan, they don't solve the issue for me, so some additional research from Blizzard to take care of this issue would be great.
Reply Quote
I deleted the first initial install then downloaded/completed the second install and it now works as it should. If you wish not to re-install the game then other methods are listed below for MAC ONLY.

1. Force Quit D3 Launcher.
2. Go to Finder/Users/Shared/Blizzard.net
3. Drag Blizzard.net folder and its game client to trash.
4. Delete Trash.

Repair Permissions via Disk Utility
1. Navigate to /Applications/Utilities/ and open Disk Utility.
2. Select the hard drive the game is installed on.
3. Select the First Aid option.

4. Click on the Repair Disk Permissions button.
1. Select the Diablo III folder
2. Press Command + I
3. In the Info box, go to the Sharing & Permissions section and click on the lock and unlock it, entering your admin password when prompted.
4. Make sure you have Read & Write permissions
5. Click on the Burst icon (cog wheel) and select Apply to enclosed items
Reply Quote
This happen to my macbook right after i upgraded the OS to Mountain Lion, I am going to try some of the fixes mentioned in this thread, if any are helpful I will post. Otherwise I never had any problems with this game, it always launched without issue and played very well. (I have read where a lot of macbook users could not even play the game or if they could it was very laggy)
Reply Quote
None of those suggestions worked for me; disk utility, terminal commands, changing permissions on the game folder as well as the shared folder in the users folder... nothing made a difference. As long as I cancel the password window for Agent I am fine and can play the game... only if I type my password and click "Ok" am I in trouble. I guess it's just annoying.
Edited by ADVERSARY#1869 on 8/4/2012 10:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]