Diablo® III

How does offhand work exactly?

So I've got my magic find shield (85 dex) that gives me more dps than a 215 dex offhand. Is the damage just an average of both weapons? Because I tried a 600dps offhand and my damage would still go down. My main hand is 980 dps, does that mean I have to find a better weapon or about the same to not lose dps while dual wielding? :/
Reply Quote
Your attacks alternate between weapons when dual wielding thus your dps goes down because for one hit your using your 900 dps weap the second attack your 600 dps weap
Reply Quote
Eh.. just imagine we can't use shields. That said, I did hear its best if both hands were approximately the same dps.
Reply Quote
Ah well that sucks, how about the skills with %weapon damage? And what is the point of dual wielding if you don't get more damage?
Reply Quote
Get two weaps with similar dps no more than ~50 and you should be fine, otherwise roll a shield.
Reply Quote
When dualwielding all damage is calculated by averaging the damage of the two weapons and adding a bonus 15% attack speed. If one weapon is dramatically lower in damage than the other then the 15% attack speed bonus would not make up for the damage lost.

Also, attacks do not alternate between your weapons. The final damage calculation (shown on your character sheet) is all that's used in damaging attack calculations.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]