Diablo® III

Mystic Ally??!? Anyone else use him ?

I use Earth Ally 24/7, Mostly for the HP buff, But he can be really handy to Offtank stuff in inferno while i'm killing someone else. With 14500 dmg he still hits around 6-7k's
Reply Quote
05/24/2012 11:12 PMPosted by OhMyFord
Earth ally is viable in Inferno. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Use him to tank hallways, pull some aggro of mobs away from you, place him in doorways, etc.

place him in front of dark berserkers so he dies instantly, place him in front of sand wasp bees so he dies instantly, place him in desecration so he dies instantly, place him in fire chains so he dies easily, etc.

Waste of spirit.
Reply Quote
Fire Ally until you get Earth Ally. Really, really, helpful in Hell difficulty as it's like having a second "you" and they run into danger before you do. Managed right, they can take all of the weight off of your shoulders.

Completely worthless in Inferno though. Dies faster than you can regen the spirit to recast.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Mage
05/25/2012 01:28 AMPosted by Rogue
Earth ally is viable in Inferno. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Use him to tank hallways, pull some aggro of mobs away from you, place him in doorways, etc.

place him in front of dark berserkers so he dies instantly, place him in front of sand wasp bees so he dies instantly, place him in desecration so he dies instantly, place him in fire chains so he dies easily, etc.

Waste of spirit.

wait so the 25 spirit like 2 attacks is a waste? geez i guess i shouldn't use him to soak things or ever to tank those 4-10 hits from mobs or bosses or the damage he gives while kiting. O wait the people saying YOU'RE BAD FOR USING XX are the same people saying that XX build only works and crying they hit a "wall" because they can't think for themselves.

Earth ally is very strong. Gives u more tankyness and i love the ally in inferno. The fact you kite 24/7 makes sweeping wind almost pointless in how much u have to waste spirit refreshing it. The allys give u constant damage on enemies while kiting them around and also look at his taunt as CC. Gives you a few seconds extra to be able to do more dps and each summon he usually gets a taunt within a few seconds of summoning. Works wonders tbh just some people will say how useless it is and how "good" their own builds are(by own i mean copy pasted from forums)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]