Diablo® III

[SPOIL]Can Diablo3 not be considered canon ?

05/25/2012 03:07 PMPosted by IamSancho
Also I'll take skinny sexy Diablo over runs like a dog Diablo any day of the week

He's the Lord of Terror. In a video game what's the scariest enemy type imaginable? You guessed it, dogs.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
*Canon

Cannon is the big thing you should be fired out of
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
05/25/2012 03:07 PMPosted by IamSancho
Also I'll take skinny sexy Diablo over runs like a dog Diablo any day of the week

This. Who's'a good boy huh!? who's'a good boy diablo!??! You are! yes you are! No wait...you didn't drop anything green...BAD DIABLO /kick

05/25/2012 03:09 PMPosted by Beelzebub
He's the Lord of Terror. In a video game what's the scariest enemy type imaginable? You guessed it, dogs.

This person has never heard the phrase "Hell hath no fury like the scorn of a woman".
Edited by Ghobe#1958 on 5/25/2012 3:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/25/2012 03:08 PMPosted by cRaX

This is amusing. It's amusing because you're lacking knowledge of a) the reality of the financial transaction and b) the difference between a publisher and a design studio. So let's help you out here:

Activision and Blizzard merged into Activision-Blizzard, whose CEO is Bobby Kotick. They are a game publisher. They don't design the games.

Activision is a game design studio responsible for such games as the Call of Duty franchise. They are under the Activision-Blizzard banner. Their games are distributed by Activision-Blizzard.

Blizzard Entertainment is a game design studio responsible for games in the Warcraft, Starcraft and Diablo franchises. They are under the Activision-Blizzard banner. Their games are distributed by Activision-Blizzard.

You can go back to being angry now.

Brother.

Who gives a cr@p....don't go around the forums looking to troll someone, I don't care for their history numb nuts...now stick to the fcking topic.

So... angry... your rage... it's... there.

It's okay. I'm sure someone will hug you.

Perhaps a brother.

Perhaps the one asking if you're upset.
Reply Quote

Who gives a cr@p....don't go around the forums looking to troll someone, I don't care for their history numb nuts...now stick to the fcking topic.

Perhaps a brother.

Yeah, I'm mad, now grow up and fck off...or better yet, get a job and learn some social skills.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
05/25/2012 03:11 PMPosted by Ghobe

This. Who's'a good boy huh!? who's'a good boy diablo!??! You are! yes you are! No wait...you didn't drop anything green...BAD DIABLO /kick

This person has never heard the phrase "Hell hath no fury like the scorn of a woman".

It's "like a woman scorned" dude and all this fem worshipping these days is rly annoying me. Sexy isn't scary, ever.
Edited by Arganis#1401 on 5/25/2012 3:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Perhaps a brother.

Yeah, I'm mad, now grow up and fck off...or better yet, get a job and learn some social skills.

Yup, that crockery over there... it'd like a word with you. Something about similar coloration... ;)

A better question would be why you're so upset. I mean, really? Posts in an Internet forum can bring you to such rage?

Get a stressball. They're fun to squeeze. Might release some of that tension.
Edited by Silentman#1247 on 5/25/2012 3:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I'd rather just pretend that this thread didn't happen.
Reply Quote
Agreed on most.
I don't have problems with Tyrael becoming human, or being dark skinned or anything. But in the story it just doesn't fit, and it brings nothing. Is like a 4-year old wrote that part of the story... "And then Tyrael becomes human... because... it does!"

Those are my specific problems:

- That stupid witch... She shouldn't have made it to half of ACT1 much less into ACT2.
- The "Hero" of Tristam going from "The Nameless Hero" (you, the Diablo 1 player were suposed to be him) to Leoric's oldest son... There was no point in doing this, it doesn't affect the story... Why do this now? The "Rest well Leoric, I will find your son" from Diablo 1 was never "Rest well father, I will find my brother"... Retarded and unncesary, just proves that D3-development team didn't had the needed/required knowledge from the Diablo franchise.
- Boss-Taunts... Freaking ridiculous and childish... They have no point but to prove how stupid the vilains are... Azmodan should be minding his own and important bussiness, not making a face appear to talk to you to explain how insignifican you are to him; wich is even more ridiculous as you keep destroying everything he owns... "I don't need the catapults" THEN WHY WERE YOU USING THEM? Also, for being so insignificant for him (as you should) he just keeps calling you... When you reach Azmodan (or any other boss) he should be surprised a mortal made it into his lair, not your biggest fan that knows everything you did because he kept following you... Also, is stupid to make them certain of their victory over you when they know you owned big time everything they throwed at you...
- Cain's death scene is freaking ridiculous, it felt like I was watching a cut scene from Warcraft 3, not Diablo 3.
- How the hell did the sword fragments (or even how did it broke on the first place) ended up where they did? What a cheap way of telling you to go to points A, B and C. Also, what a cheap plot way of restoring Tyrael's memory... And talking about it... Why did he lost his memory? I can imagine some ways, but the presentation, again, was awful. He just doesn't remember...

Overal, the story lacks everywhere. On pacing, on content, or presentation...
There are some really nice ideas behind (like the 7-in-1 demon, Adria's treason, restoring Leoric, I personally liked Zoltun Kulle being a big improved D2-Act2 "The Summoner", etc) but it was presented in a really awfull way; I honestly spected way more from a company like Blizzard.

Now, about Diablo's looks (you complained about this) let me tell you something.
Not only did he took form from Lyah's body, but is also now THE PRIME EVIL that contains all 7 demon souls on him; and I LOVED how he looks like all 7 demons somehow.
Diablo's Tail and overal look, Andariel's leggs and shape, Duriel's spikes, Mefisto and Belial are kite present on the shape of the face, Baal's spikes on his back, Azmodan's shoulder-mouths, and many things I didn't notice or recognized (not sure why he has 4 arms, but probably some people know, the smaller ones look like Mefisto's). (Or maybe I'm seeing what I want to see? XD)

However, even if I really loved the fact of seeing parts of all of them on him; the model and even the fight itself get pretty boring/old quite fast; and after his 10th death (or before that) I started missing being able to fight good old Diablo.

If you want to consider Diablo 3 not canon, be my guest. Afterall, the developers are not the same form D1 and D2.
To me, the Wanderer becoming (without needing to) Leoric's oldest son already broke canon.
Edited by Kaemon#2290 on 5/25/2012 11:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
@kaemon Well said, sir.

I also agree with the original poster on the plot problems with the evil angelic council and the inept lords of evil. I get that no one wants to piss off the catholic church by saying this is a Christian game....and equally they don't want to piss of the atheists by making a Christian game...but merging all of the worst qualities of a half dozen religions to create a "deeper" story just felt like a way of saying, "we have no creative story telling talent."

I don't recall it mattering in the first or second game who god or gods were. I don't recall it being significant that angels were never around to really help humanity...as our hero seemed to be obtaining godly rewards for killing ungodly hosts (and was himself/herself a force with which to reckon hell.) So, why now add a weird mythology that mangles the half dozen religions from which it is derived? We have greek gods in Christian heaven fighting mayan (or was it aztec?) gods/demons with wicaan imagery. (I'm sure you can think of more influences added poorly.)

If you want to see a good amalgamation of universalism, watch the matrix; but if you're going to go to the effort of adding a "rich" backdrop, then at least make it coherent and as mature as the content of the game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]