Diablo® III

reliable Barbarian guide needed!

Sup,

I've been recently reading the forums a lot and I'm wondering if I should get rid of my 2-handed mace thingy. I'm thinking of buying a shield and a 1-handed sword or something like that for master survivability (str, vit, armor), thoughts?

I may not have the best gear and stuff but I'm not even able to kill a rare-camp on my own.
I tried to chose the most survivibilty-ish abilities though it doens't even matter - I'm still a two-shot.

So is it rather a matter of skilling or gear issues?

I highly appreciate and welcome any kind of tips/guides you guys can prodive me with.

Regards,

another (heart-)broken barb
Edited by SomeScrub#2472 on 5/25/2012 4:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
As far as survivability goes, if that is your sole focus than One Hander/Shield is going to be your best bang for your buck.

Gear does play a huge role in the above as well, since if you have crap gear from Act 1 still with a build, odds are it won't hold out for super long.

I personally never found the need to farm for gear until now in Hell on Act 1. Otherwise, I managed to solo all the way thru Nightmare with either items I crafted or found as I went along, never repeating any quests and so forth.

Like most, I express my discern for Barbs kinda being pidgeon holed into the Shield/One Handed build for optimum survival but I'm still a believer in that anything is possible with the right combination of skills and gear.

Some note worthy skills you should look into also, would be War Cry (1min duration, 30second cool down), Ignore Pain, Leap/Charge/Sprint for a combination of escape/initiation, Ground Stomp too is good....Stuns are your friend.

Otherwise I feel that the other skills are more a flavor of playstyle more than anything and alot is possible, just have to figure out first what you want to do, then build from there and cater gear/skills to your need and play type
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjhFivTNooQ

watch it.
I dont really post but watched this video after i spent pretty much all my saved up gold buying lvl 60 gears that aren't viable.
Reply Quote
Thanks for your post bud, I've tried out those skills alot lately and it's been coming down to the fact that I've chosen to go with almost each of them.

f#!cking huge video, thanks. I'll try grab some gear with better stats and I might be fine, this video is like seeing a light at the end of a tunnel :o

Another question I've got considers your 1-hand mace or whatsoever. Is it just pure looking at DPS or is it rather having good stats on it?
Edited by SomeScrub#2472 on 5/25/2012 4:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
honestly i dont know but my best guess is that its more looking to get the shield on one hand for the dmg migitation + the stats.
Reply Quote
Sup,

I've been recently reading the forums a lot and I'm wondering if I should get rid of my 2-handed mace thingy. I'm thinking of buying a shield and a 1-handed sword or something like that for master survivability (str, vit, armor), thoughts?

I may not have the best gear and stuff but I'm not even able to kill a rare-camp on my own.
I tried to chose the most survivibilty-ish abilities though it doens't even matter - I'm still a two-shot.

So is it rather a matter of skilling or gear issues?

I highly appreciate and welcome any kind of tips/guides you guys can prodive me with.

Regards,

another (heart-)broken barb

But...if you get rid of your 2H Mace, you won't be able to do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhOIjLkGgZg
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5150761772
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]