Diablo® III

Something needs to change

85 Undead Priest
When D3 released I played a barbarian...got to 60...got to act 1 inferno....kited around...spent 10 minutes and 5 or 6 deaths killing each blue mob....beat butcher...got to act 2....rerolled...now I'm a demon hunter progressing through act 2 with the only difficulty being when i get 1 shot by a stuff up on my part...how the game should be...not being 1 shot but death by stuffing up...barbarians don't have this luxury..they just die regardless of skill..unless you have 10 million gold to spend on the best gear you are pretty much forced to farm act 1 till you acquire ridiculous gear that other classes don't need... i feel sorry for anyone who has leveled a barbarian and had to reroll to progress past act 2 it really is a waste of time playing one in its current state when a demon hunter or sorc do better damage and have better survivability
Reply Quote
Hey Xectos, welcome to the Diablo game series.

If you aren't familiar with how diablo works, higher difficulty modes are only meant for superior quality gear.

Similarly, in diablo 2, walking outside act 1 hell with magic/rare gear meant even regular zombies were a problem. Farming the secret cow level required players to have a very specific set of stats of gear depending on their class.

In Diablo 3, it is very much the same.

Now, of course range classes have a advantage because of their kiting abilities, but again, this is very common in the Diablo series. Melee classes are more gear dependent, but when pvp is introduced, you will most likely see that both melee and range classes are equally gear dependent.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Nothing needs to be changed, we're working just as intended, its other classes that aren't and they are already being toned down.

And please 10 million to clear act 2 is so exaggerated its ridiculous
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
05/25/2012 05:34 PMPosted by Xectos
When D3 released I played a barbarian...got to 60...got to act 1 inferno....kited around...spent 10 minutes and 5 or 6 deaths killing each blue mob....beat butcher...got to act 2....rerolled...now I'm a demon hunter progressing through act 2 with the only difficulty being when i get 1 shot by a stuff up on my part...how the game should be...not being 1 shot but death by stuffing up...barbarians don't have this luxury..they just die regardless of skill..unless you have 10 million gold to spend on the best gear you are pretty much forced to farm act 1 till you acquire ridiculous gear that other classes don't need... i feel sorry for anyone who has leveled a barbarian and had to reroll to progress past act 2 it really is a waste of time playing one in its current state when a demon hunter or sorc do better damage and have better survivability

Finding act 2 difficult those wasps are the death of me mostly lol

Gear: lowest resistance is at 43% 47k hp 10k dps 5.6k armor. Is my gear really that bad? Is that why I'm struggling? fathuntress earlier in act 1 while I was badly geared it was a lot of kiting and seismic slamming...I died a lot...lol..was not how I intended to play a Melee class but it must be a gear issue because I just run head first into blue and yellow mobs in act 1 and they die in a few seconds as apposed to kiting them for 10 minutes and dying 10 times

Judging by your earlier post just above this(bolded important part) I have came to a translation of what you said on this topic creation.

Translation: I want easy mode so i rerolled. I feel sorry for people that like a challenge and felt like posting this where everyone will now know how happy I am because life is easier with my demon hunter (that I leveled in 4 days and already farming inferno).

You remind me of a WoW player that criticizes and class and rerolls because it wasn't the OP spec atm.
Edited by Valkyrie05#1285 on 5/25/2012 5:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I am on the last boss of act 2 right now, and my gear could be purchased on the ah for under 2 million gold, and I did not buy it all, some of it came from drops. getting through act 2 is not overly difficult, it just takes some time to accumulate the gear and finding the right build.
Reply Quote
Awesome super seecret tip: type 10000 into the 'max buyout' slot in the equipment search, and buy cheap as heck gear from players who don't want to be bothered figuring out the exact value of an item and sell it for 5-8k
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
maybe i just need to be more patient and aquire better gear but right now i feel as if i have to play a barbarian as a ranged class which is what made me reroll since there are actual ranged classes to be played its not that i want easy mode i have no problem dying multiple times to kill a mob its just the way i had to play the class that annoyed me far be it from me to not agree with having to range everything as a melee..regardless of your gear a melee class should never be forced into having to range things to kill them
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Imagine if a demon hunter had to get into range to kill stuff you would have this issue too. I do not see a workaround other than gearing. You can't give a barbarian crazy heals because they will destroy stuff and be the most overpowered class. It seems to be the balancing factor. There have been Barbs who have soloed inferno through Diablo so it can be done. A lot of people do not want to put in the time to gear though.
Reply Quote
05/25/2012 05:47 PMPosted by Hellstrike

Finding act 2 difficult those wasps are the death of me mostly lol

Gear: lowest resistance is at 43% 47k hp 10k dps 5.6k armor. Is my gear really that bad? Is that why I'm struggling? fathuntress earlier in act 1 while I was badly geared it was a lot of kiting and seismic slamming...I died a lot...lol..was not how I intended to play a Melee class but it must be a gear issue because I just run head first into blue and yellow mobs in act 1 and they die in a few seconds as apposed to kiting them for 10 minutes and dying 10 times

Judging by your earlier post just above this(bolded important part) I have came to a translation of what you said on this topic creation.

Translation: I want easy mode so i rerolled. I feel sorry for people that like a challenge and felt like posting this where everyone will now know how happy I am because life is easier with my demon hunter (that I leveled in 4 days and already farming inferno).

You remind me of a WoW player that criticizes and class and rerolls because it wasn't the OP spec atm.

Here's my translation- I didn't enjoy the endgame Barb playstyle so I rerolled.

That's a perfectly valid reason, if it's true. Please refrain from needlessly flaming people.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Here's my translation- I didn't enjoy the endgame Barb playstyle so I rerolled.

That's a perfectly valid reason, if it's true. Please refrain from needlessly flaming people.

He admits he may have a gear issue in the bolded part. So maybe his gear is preventing him from enjoying his barb? If that is a case, gearing would help with that, something he obviously didn't want to do. See I took what he said and translated it in a non biased fashion. I play both a DH and Barb as well. But realistically, him posting about how great his DH and how sorry he feels for people that HAD to reroll (no one is forced to) on the Barb forums without any kind of suggestion as to what can be done is just worthless (which I am adding to).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]