Diablo® III

Simple Question, Well Wrote Out

Here's the deal...

Wizards/Witch Doctors' main stat is Intellect. What does intellect do for them? Increases their damage and RESISTANCES.

Monks/Demon Hunters' main stat is Dexterity. What does dexterity do for them? Increases their damage and DODGE.

The Barbarians' main stat is Strength. What does strength do for them? Increases their damage and ARMOR.

All classes have a single stat that will increase their damage, and increase their defenses, whether it be resist, dodge, or armor.

My barbarian right now is in Act II Inferno and has 32,000 health, average 50% resistances, and 71% Damage Reduction.

My DPS on the other hand is..... Just under 5k. In a group I am a complete meat shield, I use ground stomp for a nice stun, and ancient spear for a GREAT way to catch any mobs heading towards my party members in the back and pull them right back to my face to stun them again. It's great.

Every piece of armor I have I focus on getting Vitality, Resist All, Armor, and hopefully some strength or magic find, but that's just a good thing to have, not absolutely necessary. Every single gem slot is filled with the latest-and-greatest vitality (purple) gem.

It just irritates me to NO END that I don't even have a choice. I have to be a damageless meatshield to even progress. Any end-game class has the best of both worlds, Monks/Demon Hunters get Dex and Resist All, and they're FINE, yet do tons of damage. Wizards/Witch Doctors get Int and Resist All, and they're FINE, yet do tons of damage.

Could I possibly replace all of my Vit gems with Strength? I feel like the barbarian has to be one of two things. Not both. A: You're a meatshield with tons of health and resistances, but do no damage. Or B: You're a damage doing slaughterhouse with tons of damage, but if you get hit twice, you're dead, rendering you useless.

No trolling, please. Anybody else seem to find this true, or am I crazy?

Where are you in Inferno and how are you doing with your current stats? (List them)
Reply Quote
You do have choices, lots of them actually. I've been releasing a ton of Barbarian videos this week at:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Twixthemage

Almost finished uploading my latest, and it is a doozy =)
Reply Quote
You do have choices, lots of them actually. I've been releasing a ton of Barbarian videos this week at:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Twixthemage

Almost finished uploading my latest, and it is a doozy =)

All Solo.

Edit: And Act I Inferno really isn't bad TBH. The hard part starts at Act II.
Edited by Contrakt#1810 on 5/25/2012 6:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Whether you want to or not, someone has to absorb the damage in a group game. There is no templar to soak up the damage so it's most likely going to be a Barbarian. If you really hate being a meatshield then you're better off finding team-mates who are willing to swap out some offensive skills for crowd control or passives that will help keep everyone alive.

Diablo III is a pretty versatile game. Take advantage of the variety you've been offered and ask the same of your team-mates. If they are unwilling to be less of a glass cannon so that you can have more fun, find new friends!

Ever Furious,

~Spit
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]