Diablo® III

Hack Refund

(Locked)

05/26/2012 09:17 PMPosted by Alaric
It is NEVER Blizzard's fault if you get hacked unless they were hacked... which did not happen, because per federal law they are required to notify all of their customer in their database of potential ID theft.

To find and confirm that battle.net have been compromised is not that easy. PSN took about 3, almost 4 weeks to confirm attack.

There might be (this is just speculation) spybot buried somewhere within their network monitoring traffic and sending it back info every x amount of time, which is highly unlikely. With that amount of data and traffic it's like needle in hay stack.

Edit: Spelling mistakes.
Edited by Nihal#1607 on 5/26/2012 9:32 PM PDT
i never played D3 on any client except at home
i never played ANY OTHER MMO on any client except at home

if i were hacked at ANY OTHER MMO then i wouldn't complain but since i ONLY got hacked on D3 i think that aint on my side, dont tell me a browser game beat D3 on database and acct security, as i never get this kind of headache on that game at all.
You've likely used that email/password on another website for registration. Any website.

He specifically said it was unique to battle.net.
It's definitely hacked, not compromised, or they would have taken all of my character's items, not just 1 character. Oh, and they didn't change my password. Because they didn't have it.

Somehow people are spoofing sessions. And you guys are lying about it.
33 Worgen Rogue
2. Blizzard stating, "no authenticators", then slipping up and leaking, "there were authenticators."

No dumb dumb. He said the ones he did see were from the last 5 years and they happened in World of Warcraft - not D3.

05/25/2012 08:13 PMPosted by Kaltonis
I've personally examined the MSInfo files of nearly all of the handful of WoW players who have actually been compromised through an authenticator, and the sheer number of backdoor programs and other malware on their systems has been mind boggling.

No dumb dumb. He said the ones he did see were from "an un-specified time" and they happened in World of Warcraft - not D3.

Now... let me inform you that it is EXACTLY the same system they are using in D3.
You posters just need to THINK before you post.

EDIT:

05/26/2012 09:10 PMPosted by Defiied
2. Blizzard stating, "no authenticators", then slipping up and leaking, "there were authenticators."

Did you even read the blue responses in the thread? Nowhere does it say "there were authenticators."

Having dial-in authentication currently DOES nothing for Diablo 3, and is not meant to replace a physical or smart phone authenticator in the first place.

05/26/2012 09:27 PMPosted by outplayed
No dumb dumb. He said the ones he did see were from the last 5 years and they happened in World of Warcraft - not D3.

Stop nit-picking. That argument is in collaboration with my other arguments.
Even if you "dis-proved" that theory. There's still three more, and yes, that fourth one is valid...
Edited by Dextous#2937 on 5/26/2012 10:00 PM PDT
13 Troll Mage
Yeah. Just got hacked today as well. Very curious how this happened. I literally change all my passwords on my computer every month(Required the same thing on computers at work, so use to it). Always different. Adjusted my gmail site to not even show the spam link, and I only open emails from people I know. Yes, I don't have an authenticator, mostly due to how difficult it was to remove when I lost my Iphone and had to get a new one, needing to swap out the little code it provides, so I'll admit that's my fault. But geeze, no virus, I don't buy/sell gold. Really only look at the same 10-15 sites daily(webcomics, email, forums), and I stick to facebook and twitter on my tablet. Looking forward to see how this whole event turns out...Will be interesting.
Edited by Morrin#1312 on 5/26/2012 10:01 PM PDT
Again, compromising game accounts is a big business in some countries. They have people on their payroll who spread false rumors...

This is insight and shedding good awareness to a potentially ongoing smear campaign attempting to discredit blizzard and their game releases. Be skeptical people!

Where large money and business are involved it is truly survival of the fittest...
Wierd, I run BitTorrent 24/7, don't use anti-malware because it's annoying, and generally reformat/reinstall every 3 months or so. If I haven't recently reformatted, I pretty much assume I have viruses. I know, not too prudent, but I hate AV software and my SSN isn't worth jack so F it.

My WoW account was compromised about three years ago. I immediately bought an authenticator (the physical object, not the phone app) and it has never happened again. I haven't changed my internet habits; my PC is still about as clean as a Bangkok hooker. My RIFT account has been hacked multiple times. My SWTOR account was also hacked once while I was playing, and I wouldn't be surprised if I resubbed and found my characters stripped. But my Battle.net account has never been compromised since I bought the authenticator.

In all these cases of people who "never use filesharing" and "never tell anyone their password," I still find it about a thousand times more likely that actually, yea, they do download torrents, or yea, they did tell someone their password, than that someone managed to hack into Blizzard's authentication server. Consider also that one of the primary sources of viruses is [adult] sites, and of course most people are not going to readily admit to surfing [those kinds of sites].

Occam's Razor says it's pretty much always the user's fault.
Edited by bofadeez#1493 on 5/26/2012 10:06 PM PDT
Its been almost 10 hours that I reported that my account was hacked and submitted a ticket about and blizzard has not replied. I am so piss that because of this stupidity I can't play in a long weekend after SO MUCH WORK that I dedicate to get all the stuff that now has been stolen. I am really upset that all I can do is just read how people are getting hacked, and nobody is doing anything about it. THIS IS RIDICULOUS.
05/26/2012 10:22 PMPosted by VertexBETA
Its been almost 10 hours that I reported that my account was hacked and submitted a ticket about and blizzard has not replied. I am so piss that because of this stupidity I can't play in a long weekend after SO MUCH WORK that I dedicate to get all the stuff that now has been stolen. I am really upset that all I can do is just read how people are getting hacked, and nobody is doing anything about it. THIS IS RIDICULOUS.

Not to be a @!@# but you should have taken the time to notice all the security measures offered through the battle.net site. Im sure most online gamers are aware of others malicious intent to procure your goods. Please stop the blame game (not referring to the quoter) it is others GOAL to take your stuff and by god they have a plethora of methods. MOBILE/DONGLE AUTHENTICATORS WORK! USE THEM!!!
05/26/2012 09:30 PMPosted by Nihal
It is NEVER Blizzard's fault if you get hacked unless they were hacked... which did not happen, because per federal law they are required to notify all of their customer in their database of potential ID theft.

To find and confirm that battle.net have been compromised is not that easy. PSN took about 3, almost 4 weeks to confirm attack.

There might be (this is just speculation) spybot buried somewhere within their network monitoring traffic and sending it back info every x amount of time, which is highly unlikely. With that amount of data and traffic it's like needle in hay stack.

Edit: Spelling mistakes.

If that were the case, then not just Diablo customers would have been affected by this.

I see what you are getting at, but a company who deal with this sort of thing everyday, is going to take a lot less time detecting a hack then Sony, who already didn't do much to protect your information.

These guys are not amateurs, and they have been doing this a lot longer then a lot of you realize. Long even than some of the players enjoying this game.
i never played D3 on any client except at home
i never played ANY OTHER MMO on any client except at home

if i were hacked at ANY OTHER MMO then i wouldn't complain but since i ONLY got hacked on D3 i think that aint on my side, dont tell me a browser game beat D3 on database and acct security, as i never get this kind of headache on that game at all.

Once again, everyone has pentagon level security and they never make mistakes.

It's a very typical story to hear from someone who has been compromised. As I have already said earlier. If you are unwilling to admit that it was your lack of attention that cause this, then it's just going to happen over and over again, until they get more than your game account, or you stop doing anything online ever again for fear of losing your identity
The fact there is a "gold farming crime ring" makes me sad for man kind....i mean...reallly?!
well i caught one guy doing and even got him to friend me. Then I recorded him doing it to others while I watched. Guys name is garfield2492. Several videos will be posted on youtube and I hope then this guy gets whats coming to him.
All I have to say is I've been using the Mobile Authenticator since it came out and I have never been hacked. Have added the SMS also to it just in case something ever happens like I lose my iPhone or something.
05/26/2012 11:01 PMPosted by Alamyst
You took the words out of my mouth. Dropped 1200$ for a computer I knew would play SC2 and D3. SC2 won't save and I've had no response. And now my D3 account was hacked. I keep strict security on my computer, but here I am hacked and being told it is my fault...

The price of your computer's hardware has nothing whatsoever to do with the security of your account.

New computers are more vulnerable than a computer that someone has had for years and knows what they are doing. You need to make sure your computer is up to date. Microsoft is constantly releasing security patches. Alson with just about every other software developer
05/26/2012 11:01 PMPosted by Alamyst
You took the words out of my mouth. Dropped 1200$ for a computer I knew would play SC2 and D3. SC2 won't save and I've had no response. And now my D3 account was hacked. I keep strict security on my computer, but here I am hacked and being told it is my fault...

That's what I'm saying. All I did was play the game today and I still got hacked. THe only sites i've visted was battle.net, gamefaqs, and youtube to see how people play the game.

Still got hacked.

FOr those who are blaming the user for being hacked, karma's a !@#$%
Edited by bracer028#1103 on 5/26/2012 11:18 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]