Diablo® III

Hack Refund

(Locked)

Either man up and accept responsibility, or learn to deal with this sort of thing A LOT. it's your choice really, I am not here to argue this. I know from experience how this stuff is done, and how often the people I would talk to would run scans with the game open, and find a boat load of malware, after I explained to them that there s****y Norton and Mcafee has no idea how to detect malware.

duh?! you never answered the question on why only D3 was compromised among ALL THE OTHER GAMES i've been playing and some of them i've been playing for more than 3 years and i never had this crap. I think your the one that should man up and the Blizzard team should be the ones starting to take responsibilities for their epic failures.
05/27/2012 07:06 AMPosted by ANTASKIDAYO
Either man up and accept responsibility, or learn to deal with this sort of thing A LOT. it's your choice really, I am not here to argue this. I know from experience how this stuff is done, and how often the people I would talk to would run scans with the game open, and find a boat load of malware, after I explained to them that there s****y Norton and Mcafee has no idea how to detect malware.

duh?! you never answered the question on why only D3 was compromised among ALL THE OTHER GAMES i've been playing and some of them i've been playing for more than 3 years and i never had this crap. I think your the one that should man up and the Blizzard team should be the ones starting to take responsibilities for their epic failures.

Read my other posts, listed to what the blues have said, and all will be answered.

What's really frustrating about you in particular right now, is that you are demanding answers to problems that have answers just a quick search away. This is the kind of lack of action that caused your account to be hacked.

This is what I mean when I am saying man up, you are whining and crying about something that has been happening since like 2005. The information is out there, and it's EASILY found. Heck even on Blizzards very own support site.

http://us.battle.net/en/security/checklist

Don't put so much worry into how this happnened right now. just find out how to fix account compromises. After you have taken the first steps, which is securing your account, you don't have to sit there scared about getting hacked again while you are doing your searches for who to blame if you already know that nobody is going to be able to get in your account easily (and more importantly, that your account is harder to get into than the guy who doesn't take and security measures, and doesn't have an authenticator.)

I have been hacked once before, I am telling you just do what they tell you to do and you won't have to worry about this stuff anymore.
People like you are what is wrong with this COUNTRY, you fail to take responsibility for yourself and anything in your life, and you whine and cry to the authorities when something goes wrong, and you expect them to fix it, because somehow it's not your fault.

Grow up, learn how to secure your information. Stop expecting everyone else to spoon feed you the info, and most importantly, move on and treat YOU getting hacked as a learning experience.

Nope, customers are always right, its never our problem if your game is so lame vulnerable. How come other games can protect their customers and minimize this fiasco ( i've never seen rampant hacking on other games such as this ). And hell they're even FREE TO PLAY. So many have spent real money on this and they deserve answers and actions. Security is basically included on a game design, dun tell me those game designers are all that stupid? I think the game was made that way to cater RMT(real money trading), A 3 day old game and i see a bot spamming global chat selling gold? cmon thats soo lame vulnerable.
People like you are what is wrong with this COUNTRY, you fail to take responsibility for yourself and anything in your life, and you whine and cry to the authorities when something goes wrong, and you expect them to fix it, because somehow it's not your fault.

Grow up, learn how to secure your information. Stop expecting everyone else to spoon feed you the info, and most importantly, move on and treat YOU getting hacked as a learning experience.

Nope, customers are always right, its never our problem if your game is so lame vulnerable. How come other games can protect their customers and minimize this fiasco ( i've never seen rampant hacking on other games such as this ). And hell they're even FREE TO PLAY. So many have spent real money on this and they deserve answers and actions. Security is basically included on a game design, dun tell me those game designers are all that stupid? I think the game was made that way to cater RMT(real money trading), A 3 day old game and i see a bot spamming global chat selling gold? cmon thats soo lame vulnerable.

quoting because this is the sort of stuff I am talking about. Someone who doesn't bother to even check to make sure the problem is not on his side before he flies off the hinge.

GG
The authenticators my bank hands out are completely f.r.e.e. If you knew about this issue, why didn't you stress the importance of authenticators more? *sigh*

Exactly.

Blizzard has been quick to point to the authenticators after the hacks.

It never was and still isn't a game requirement. After hundreds of accounts getting compromised all at once, it should be.
Ha, safe! I own a Mac!
Alaric

quoting because this is the sort of stuff I am talking about. Someone who doesn't bother to even check to

so you're admitting that the security sucks so bad that i have to be in a cleanroom and an isolated computer to be hack free?

No the customer isn't always right, thats some bull crap created by some irate customer some where, and the reason no one hacks those free to play games is because usually no one plays them and so there is no demand for items for them, if some one really wants to hack/compromise data, they can. You can't stop a hacker from doing what they want if they are good enough.
No the customer isn't always right, thats some bull crap created by some irate customer some where, and the reason no one hacks those free to play games is because usually no one plays them and so there is no demand for items for them, if some one really wants to hack/compromise data, they can. You can't stop a hacker from doing what they want if they are good enough.

If no one plays them then why are they still around, even Star Trek Online has better graphics than Diablo 3. The point still remains, i've never seen hacker fiasco's like this ingame and bots dont exist. Its a very secure game and no one pointing at the player its their fault if they lost stuff bull crap
Or you can just let us play OFFLINE and we can avoid all this BS
90 Tauren Warrior
05/25/2012 07:24 PMPosted by RockyMtnHi
My refund is being processed, thank you blizzard. And if you all are correct, and it is the players fault for being hacked (and SMS authentication / Dial In Authentication is useless to prevent it), then congratulations to the hackers for orchestrating the worlds most efficient high profile hack / exploit against an online game that I have ever seen. Great hack! Take responsibility and collect your glory, because whoever claims this one will enjoy a pretty high profile.

Sorry to say but you post in invalid to confirm any successful hack attempt that is new and high profile.

You got logged due to not having an authenticator. Glad you got a refund since that is one last person we need to worry about. The simple solution would have been to get an authenticator, and oh look no more hacked accounts.
What I find funny about all of this is that probably 80% of the people saying "you should protect yourself more. Get an authenticator. It's your fault." probably got burned on some other game like WOW and reactively got an authenticator. I hate for someone to act like they were completely proactive and did it just because it seemed like a good idea. People payed their hard-earned money for a game. Sorry for them expecting it to be protected. I'm pretty sure if it were a situation concerning piracy, Blizzard would be right on it. The always online stuff protects their investment for the most part. Another thing to point out is that the authenticator and anti-malware isn't protecting everybody. The same people on here defending Blizzard now were probably on other forums talking crap when they couldn't log on at launch and will be on this same thread talking crap when this same thing happens to them.
90 Tauren Warrior
05/27/2012 08:23 AMPosted by PryceTagg
What I find funny about all of this is that probably 80% of the people saying "you should protect yourself more. Get an authenticator. It's your fault." probably got burned on some other game like WOW and reactively got an authenticator. I hate for someone to act like they were completely proactive and did it just because it seemed like a good idea. People payed their hard-earned money for a game. Sorry for them expecting it to be protected. I'm pretty sure if it were a situation concerning piracy, Blizzard would be right on it. The always online stuff protects their investment for the most part. Another thing to point out is that the authenticator and anti-malware isn't protecting everybody. The same people on here defending Blizzard now were probably on other forums talking crap when they couldn't log on at launch and will be on this same thread talking crap when this same thing happens to them.

I have not once been hacked. As soon as the authenticator released I got one, when it went on the iPhone I switched to that. So yes MOST of us have been proactive and gotten the proper protection. You post is still invalid and yes it is your fault. Come to terms with it and move on.
05/27/2012 08:27 AMPosted by Zikks

Nor have I, never been hacked, never been without a authenticator. ALSO! I own a mac =P

I have not once been hacked. As soon as the authenticator released I got one, when it went on the iPhone I switched to that. So yes MOST of us have been proactive and gotten the proper protection. You post is still invalid and yes it is your fault. Come to terms with it and move on.
Well that means you're either full of it or you're part of the proactive 20%. How many times must I say it, Authenticator: Check, good protection on computer that is personally scanned twice a day and scanned once automatically: Check, Never given out my information: Check check and check. And I'll move on when I have my damn rare daggers back. lol........but seriously though unless you have some other point than "It hasn't happened to me" and "Blizzard is so cool that they aren't accountable in any way" to PROVE that it is my fault and my fault only without Blizzard having any way to prevent it my post is very valid. Either way if it keeps happening to people who like me took all precautions I will take your advice good sir and "move on"........to Torchlight 2.
90 Tauren Warrior
05/27/2012 08:39 AMPosted by PryceTagg
Well that means you're either full of it or you're part of the proactive 20%. How many times must I say it, Authenticator: Check, good protection on computer that is personally scanned twice a day and scanned once automatically: Check, Never given out my information: Check check and check. And I'll move on when I have my damn rare daggers back. lol........but seriously though unless you have some other point than "It hasn't happened to me" and "Blizzard is so cool that they aren't accountable in any way" to PROVE that it is my fault and my fault only without Blizzard having any way to prevent it my post is very valid. Either way if it keeps happening to people who like me took all precautions I will take your advice good sir and "move on"........to Torchlight 2.

So you're saying you already had a hardware / mobile authenticator PRIOR to being hacked?

Sorry but I don't buy that at all lol. You must be the 1 person out of the millions that the gov level security team focused on to take your account over. lol
He isn't the only one. Check the linked article from the examiner. Should I look for more?
I don't buy gold or items. I don't run unsafe programs. I bought a new computer exclusively for D3. I have the authenticator. I have Norton Bad@ss edition and scan daily. I dont click links. I don't read spam email. I don't download questionable content. I don't buy anything from 3rd parties.

I got hacked 2 days ago. How'd that happen, bliz?

I sincerely doubt that you got "hacked" and none of it was your fault. I have an authenticator and haven't bought gold or anything... so what's the difference?

You messed up and don't want to take the blame...
05/27/2012 07:33 AMPosted by SayRay
Ha, safe! I own a Mac!

I own a mac too and I was hacked too :(:(:(

After running antivirus search / malware search NOTHING was found on my mac :(
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]